Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

This is Kelcey at point last night!! For Draft Day performances 😍 Ashlee and Claire for the triangle, couldn’t see who was diamond. I would so be here for an Ashlee/Kelcey split point

3774E319-5E15-4B12-AC7D-5B5D6E7147AD.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 4/29/2022 at 12:19 PM, PepperM said:

This is Kelcey at point last night!! For Draft Day performances 😍 Ashlee and Claire for the triangle, couldn’t see who was diamond. I would so be here for an Ashlee/Kelcey split point

3774E319-5E15-4B12-AC7D-5B5D6E7147AD.jpeg

Chandi, Jalyn, and Makenzie were the third row

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/28/2022 at 8:32 AM, PomPomPom said:

There are no in person tryouts at the moment. Auditions have been virtual for the last two  seasons and again this coming season. The first time TCCs and veterans will meet will be at training camp. The selection process of TCCs and Veteran candidates remains a mystery which suits TPTB

I thought it was just the first part of auditions online, then they move to in person?

1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

Yes -- first part is online and then they meet in person for training camp.

Yes I meant before training camp, so the open auditions online then semis in person and training camp

21 minutes ago, Jezlyn said:

Yes I meant before training camp, so the open auditions online then semis in person and training camp

As I understand it there are no semis. You submit a routine online, complete an exam and selection will be made. The first personal contact will be if you are selected and turn up to training camp.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

As I understand it there are no semis. You submit a routine online, complete an exam and selection will be made. The first personal contact will be if you are selected and turn up to training camp.

Yup and they send out videos for the tcc to start learning material at home 

• Love 1
(edited)

Auditions are open today. May 2nd - May 10th.
Anyone else wonder why they need 9 days for online submissions? 
I remember it was like this last year as well. Seems strange. A good 3-4 days to get in your application should be enough.

I wonder what a hopefuls stragety is? Submit first to be at the top of the pile? Submit on the last day to be the most memorable? But why 9 days?

Edited by StellaCL
9 days, not 8
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I remember it was like this last year as well. Seems strange. A good 3-4 days to get in your application should be enough.

I wonder what a hopefuls stragety is? Submit first to be at the top of the pile? Submit on the last day to be the most memorable? But why 9 days?

Probably cause k and j and c probably only sit and judge so many in a day gives them time to get threw them all 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 4/25/2022 at 5:59 PM, Little Eden said:

Wow, that's the thinnest I've ever seen VK.  If she comes to TC looking like that I don't see any reason she wouldn't make it back.

Just saw Victoria at the grocery store an hour ago (live in the same town) and she looked pretty fit! 

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, johns1989 said:

Does anyone know what happened to the tea time Facebook group :( I can’t find it anymore. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdbF2L2y/

I was heading there to post this. Lillie Ann’s audition video she just posted. 

If your talking abt shade group your probably not a member there anymore and they have the group hidden 

8 hours ago, StellaCL said:

7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Probably cause k and j and c probably only sit and judge so many in a day gives them time to get threw them all 

If they said they were going to review all of the submissions May 2-10, that would make sense. But they're not, they're accepting them May 2-10. So, their only watching so many a day doesn't account for the need to have 9 days for submissions.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, TorProc said:

She's okay but I get Meredith vibes from her dancing. Lovely technique but not a lot of power. Also, not here for the 'let's cram in all dance styles into one' video. Personally, I'd stick with hard-hitting jazz for an inital audition, showing flexibilty and power, and then you can switch it up in your solo. So many dancers have amazing technique but zero field presence and power!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Holly85 said:

If your talking abt shade group your probably not a member there anymore and they have the group hidden 

Ooo ok. Do you know if there’s a way to join again? I definitely never meant to leave the group! Thank you 🖤

36 minutes ago, johns1989 said:

Ooo ok. Do you know if there’s a way to join again? I definitely never meant to leave the group! Thank you 🖤

You have to reach out to a member of that group 

5 hours ago, Kamal said:

She looks TC ready. Not sure if it's good enough to get on the team but looks enough to get to TC.

(I kinda don't like her eye makeup. Looks too much. But maybe it looks better with different lighting)

I agree and she reminds me of TC Gina Marie. I loved that she showed how she worked to getting to auditions but some moves in her dance were hard to watch for me.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

If they said they were going to review all of the submissions May 2-10, that would make sense. But they're not, they're accepting them May 2-10. So, their only watching so many a day doesn't account for the need to have 9 days for submissions.

I think since so many strong candidates come from a college or high school, a longer application time gives some flexibility around final exam schedules too. 

I think they likely weed as they go too. It’s an odd number of days but if anyone mails gives a little flexibility. Does anyone mail or is it just a cloud upload? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I don't follow any of the former TCCs or potential TCCs on social media.
Are there any others posting about submitting their application? 

No not that I’ve seen 

• Useful 2

She's a very clean dancer, not amazing but not boring either. The only problem is when you go down her Instagram, she's a childhood friend of Milan. You know how TPTB love a connection and that could work against her. It shouldn't be a thing but I'm sure they'd make it one. 

• Useful 1
On 5/3/2022 at 4:17 PM, kalibean said:

I think since so many strong candidates come from a college or high school, a longer application time gives some flexibility around final exam schedules too. 

I think they likely weed as they go too. It’s an odd number of days but if anyone mails gives a little flexibility. Does anyone mail or is it just a cloud upload? 

Hopefully, if you're planning on trying out you start well ahead of the May 2-10 submission dates. You need a headshot, a full body shot, a video, etc. If you wait until close to May 2 to start you run the risk of running out of time even with the 9 day submission period.

Everything is uploaded -- no snail mail.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Kamal said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdNMPmLDaj-/

I don't know why but really liked this girl in the middle dancing at Jen A's class. Her name is Emily. 

https://www.instagram.com/emilycarollo/

She wasn't the best in the group (not saying she was bad the whole group was great so nobody was the best) but she stood out to me. Was it just because she was dancing in the middle or do I like something about her?

I really liked her too! I immediately noticed her! 

• Love 1
On 5/3/2022 at 5:08 AM, DCC-UK said:

She's okay but I get Meredith vibes from her dancing. Lovely technique but not a lot of power. Also, not here for the 'let's cram in all dance styles into one' video. Personally, I'd stick with hard-hitting jazz for an inital audition, showing flexibilty and power, and then you can switch it up in your solo. So many dancers have amazing technique but zero field presence and power!

I definitely see the Meredith vibes. Her technique doesn’t seem quite as polished to me, though, so I’m not sure if Kelli will have the same girlcrush. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, PepperM said:

I definitely see the Meredith vibes. Her technique doesn’t seem quite as polished to me, though, so I’m not sure if Kelli will have the same girlcrush. 

Maybe if she also calls Kelli a visionary or cries that Kelli has her future in her hands

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

About a month or so ago, we were talking about McKenzie Starr? She tried out for Texans and is a finalist, so I’m guessing she probably decided not to do DCC after all. 

2F1C93B5-793F-475E-98E3-8F22090477A2.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, PepperM said:

About a month or so ago, we were talking about McKenzie Starr? She tried out for Texans and is a finalist, so I’m guessing she probably decided not to do DCC after all. 

She probably was just taking the class to help prep I know one other gal who went to dcc prep class at the star was taking it to help prep for tcu show girl audtions !! Also another gal that took dcc prep classes made the bucs cheerleaders so it’s hard to really judge who is trying out for what team 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, PepperM said:

thought this was kaydianna lmao omg

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, PepperM said:

Love when a series of emojis on an audition video screams Cowboys 😂 Dani DelNegro appears to be auditioning again

3F90699A-5722-448B-982B-2B5A2BB6AEA0.jpeg

I wonder how many of the judges will tune out because of the song. I feel like everyone uses that song along with “Kill The Lights” song.

• Useful 1

Amber L had ACL/meniscus surgery?? Guess that’s why she hasn’t been training lately. I doubt she’s going to be healthy in time for training camp 😬

On 5/9/2022 at 6:23 PM, vanillagum said:

how far has this girl made it?

She’s not been a finalist afaik, but I also don’t think she auditioned pre-digital era so don’t know if she would have made it past first round or not. 

F20D22A7-D061-4418-88FC-B2BFDF7A2FF2.jpeg

13 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Amber L had ACL/meniscus surgery?? Guess that’s why she hasn’t been training lately. I doubt she’s going to be healthy in time for training camp 😬

She’s not been a finalist afaik, but I also don’t think she auditioned pre-digital era so don’t know if she would have made it past first round or not. 

F20D22A7-D061-4418-88FC-B2BFDF7A2FF2.jpeg

Yeah surgery was this afternoon 

• Love 1
On 5/10/2022 at 9:57 PM, Holly85 said:

Yeah surgery was this afternoon 

Do you think she'll make it back?

How did that work with Brooke's injury in season 2? Did she have her injury before or during TC?

(edited)
10 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Do you think she'll make it back?

How did that work with Brooke's injury in season 2? Did she have her injury before or during TC?

Brooke in season two hurt her knee during training camp !! I really hope amber l takes the year to heal and come back which she could be doing 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

First round was just rookie hopefuls 

Lisa & Victoria would have to start auditions with rookie hopefuls in the traditional/in-person audition format. 

I thought the same rules applied for virtual auditions since they each took a year off 

• Love 9