Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: No Deed Goes Unpunished…In Chicago

DanaK
  • Start Topic

01/05/2022 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : In the aftermath of the Vas-COM scandal, Goodwin clashes with the hospital's new compliance officer. Crockett and Blake try to save a patient who has a son with severe autism. A patient's son lies to his father about his diagnosis. 

I understand that the man's son wanted to let his dad have a few more 'good' years, but can you legally withhold a person's own medical diagnosis from them if they are --at least for now -- perfectly capable of making their own decisions?  

• Love 1
Just now, BooksRule said:

I understand that the man's son wanted to let his dad have a few more 'good' years, but can you legally withhold a person's own medical diagnosis from them if they are --at least for now -- perfectly capable of making their own decisions?  

I was wondering the same thing. I wasn't cool with that but Mr. ECM had a different opinion.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, BooksRule said:

I don't know the legalities but I definitely understand what he was doing for his father and why. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mommalib said:

I don't know the legalities but I definitely understand what he was doing for his father and why. 

In some cultures, it’s normal not to tell the patient a diagnosis like that. Watch “The Farewell” starring Awkwafina and based on a true story.

Clearly, Crockett is interested in the mother not the daughter.

• Love 1

The scenario with the father and Alzheimer's I'm sure happens often.  But as was said, this man currently has pretty full mental capacity, so he should be part of his medical decision making.  However, this demonstrates the problem of using a family member as a translator.  I knew immediately - given the father's smiling response - that the son didn't tell him  With today's technology, there could be a virtual translator via an iPad and would be easily available.  But of course, that makes for poor tv.

9 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

Hmm - did Dr Archer kill the man to get his kidney?

Didn't even think of that.  I just assumed he succumbed to his injuries.  But I'm not sure if the man really wanted to donate his organs, that's obviously just Archer twisting his "life for a life" comment.

Looks like they're going to put Halstead and Stevie together.  And Crockett sleeping with both the mom and daughter at the same time?  The romantic drama never ends.

I wish Maggie left with Nat.  I don't care a bit about the Vanessa lost daughter storyline.

Where was Choi?

The smarmy Cooper Vascom doc can just go away.  I hate when entitled people who are protected by daddy (or I think in this case, uncle) feel like they are above the rules.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, greyhorse said:

The scenario with the father and Alzheimer's I'm sure happens often.  But as was said, this man currently has pretty full mental capacity, so he should be part of his medical decision making.  However, this demonstrates the problem of using a family member as a translator.  I knew immediately - given the father's smiling response - that the son didn't tell him  With today's technology, there could be a virtual translator via an iPad and would be easily available.  But of course, that makes for poor tv.

Didn't even think of that.  I just assumed he succumbed to his injuries.  But I'm not sure if the man really wanted to donate his organs, that's obviously just Archer twisting his "life for a life" comment.

Looks like they're going to put Halstead and Stevie together.  And Crockett sleeping with both the mom and daughter at the same time?  The romantic drama never ends.

I wish Maggie left with Nat.  I don't care a bit about the Vanessa lost daughter storyline.

Where was Choi?

The smarmy Cooper Vascom doc can just go away.  I hate when entitled people who are protected by daddy (or I think in this case, uncle) feel like they are above the rules.

All of this ↑. 

Archer likely had the kidney donation in his mind when he asked Crockett about plan "B."  Perhaps he's turning into a good guy????? Based on the prognosis, I believe the donor was on his death bed. (pun intended)

Maggie & Vanessa is just soap opera drama. And since when does Dr. Charles need an ally when consulting on a case. Also, the mother was dead wrong giving the daughter unprescribed "diet meds."

Choi was where he belongs; i.e. somewhere else.

The vascom guy is a "totally entitled piece of shit." Also a drug addict.  I hope he gets his comeuppance sooner than later.

Edited by preeya
15 hours ago, preeya said:

Maggie & Vanessa is just soap opera drama. And since when does Dr. Charles need an ally when consulting on a case. Also, the mother was dead wrong giving the daughter unprescribed "diet meds."

Wasn't the daughter Vanessa's patient? I think Dr. Charles wanted her in the room to see if she was right about not calling CPS before talking to the mother. She's still learning from him and the other docs.

Choi re-injured his back when he tried to play Superman after coming back to soon. Who knows when we'll see him again. 

Crockett has turned the daughter down flat, what, three times now? Looks like she finally got the message. I feel bad for her, and I don't blame her for trying, but I do hope she stops pursuing him.

It does put him in a tough spot if he is into the mom, though. It could get a bit awkward. The mom seems like she wants to keep it professional for now anyway.

• Love 2
On 1/5/2022 at 11:20 PM, sheetmoss said:

I don't believe that man was going to survive and he knew it.  Rather than tell the man's family that he was responsible for a man's death, Dr. Archer chose to help another person by telling them he wanted to donate his organs.  I think he did the right thing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Dr. Archer chose to help another person by telling them he wanted to donate his organs.  I think he did the right thing.

Yeah, but couldn't he have asked him if he'd be willing to do so? Might have given him some sense of peace before passing.  These doctors last night (including dementia dad) were really playing fast and loose with their medical ethics.  That being said, I also want this FBI probe over sooner rather than later.  They seem to be spending a lot of time investigating the hospital, how about the shady business?

• Love 1
On 1/6/2022 at 2:20 AM, sheetmoss said:

I didn't think he possibly did that until my dad said " he probably killed him"

On 1/6/2022 at 1:05 AM, LittleIggy said:

In some cultures, it’s normal not to tell the patient a diagnosis like that. Watch “The Farewell” starring Awkwafina and based on a true story.

Clearly, Crockett is interested in the mother not the daughter.

Its gross thats he kissed both but I think the daughter is more likeable. My dad even expressed that he doesn't like the mother

I want the vascom stuff to go away. It's been standard procedure for hospitals to have a full time compliance officer since the late 1990s. In no way would Sharon be winging that. I've been ignoring the lack of reality but pretending they should just now have one is hard for me to take. So let's move on!

Making the guy an organ donor wasn't right but on this show, I was fine with it. That dad dying would have been awful.