Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Everlasting

A bomb goes off in the station's evidence room, with Andy inside. The officers of 15 Division work to track down Ted McDonald. But even after catching him, they realize Ted has more targets set to explode out there. The clock is ticking…

Hasn't it been months since Sam/Marlo? It was deep winter and now the kids are hanging out poolside. How can they be trying to do a cliff about Marlo having Sam's kid?

Doesn't make sense to me.  Just a cheap soap opera trick.

Yeah that' exactly why this show will go there. I love this show but its never been shy about the fact that its basically a soap with cops. Although I wonder if it really is just a trick. Who brings an ultrasound to work for one. Plus the way she was talking about forgiveness made me wonder if she's as over Sam as she says she is. Marlo has definitely been obsessive in the past to the point of delusion this could be more of the same.

I felt bad about Collins girl running off on him. Considering the actress is actually a big deal in Canada I doubt we've seen the last of her. Although the scene did feel out of place 

Andy being fine was a little cheesy but I'm glad we didn't get another cliffhanger with one of the mains injured.

I liked the scene with DIaz and Sam it was nice to see other character interact.

Liked Nash and Bomb squad guy flirting but I love Nash/Peck

• Love 1

I can't figure out the timeline either, but if it is Marlo's I think it's either Sam's but she lost it back when she left 15, or someone new. Either way, it'll probably lead to Andy having an immature breakdown. 

What is with Sam and Andy still being in the honeymoon phase? Didn't they date for like a year before? And it also seems like another thing proving that they're ignoring the real, meaty part of the relationship because they dont want to deal with it. Also, a bomb went off above Andy's head and 2 minutes later can answer Sam's question? She said her ears were ringing, her eardrums should have been busted. Also, solid cop Sam is - bomb goes off, gets told to evacuate, leaves his prisoner behind, goes to help a fallen cop, sees its not his girlfriend, turns away without checking to see if she's okay, and runs into the exploded room while throwing around shelving without knowing where his girlfriend is. 

I love Nick and Gail being able to be friends. I love that there's not a lot of drama there, there is still a solid friendship despite everything. 

I really thought bomb squad guy would be a gonner with all his fairytale talk. I do like him and Tracy together and Tracy needs a good storyline. 

I found "Say Something" a really odd choice of song for the end, especially over the lovey-dovey scene with Sam and Andy. 

Edited by weightyghost
  • Love 1

So, they've got all couples broken up in one sense or another, except for McSwarek which has the overhanging baby bomb.

Chris is back just in time to be accused of a screwup. Chloe's brain fell totally out of her head. Nick found and lost toothbrush girl. Duncan's stepdad actually surpasses Duncan on the unlikeable scale. (And my top suspect for razor blade vendor.) I don't even know what to say about Marlo's conveniently dropped ultrasound. Holly's 'hey, move away with me' is another "say what?" moment (as is Frosty's "hey, I'm gonna be a mommy").

• Love 1

So Cheese Puffs Girl totally has a record, right? Or a grow op. Nick was completely adorable being flustered out of his mind around her.  And Dov's apparently pregnant. I can honestly say I never expected the show to go there. (Marlo, I mean.) And Bailey Boom just wants to be the Bomb Squad version of Bruno Bettelheim? I too expected him to go splat before the end of the episode.

Really, Rookie Blue? Andy's so special she can not only survive a close quarters bomb blast completely unscathed, but she doesn't even need to be checked by the EMTs? REALLY?

I'd be more involved in Frosty's dilemma if I thought there was a chance of either the adoption or Holly's move to San Francisco actually happening. I think these out-of-the-blue life decisions are a cheap move anyway, but the showrunners seem to love them.

And, oh, yeah -- I completely hate Duncan's Evil Stepdad already. The casting doesn't help -- or does, I guess; I find Richard Chevolleau kind of annoying to start with. Yeah, the Commissioner's got himself a sideline in razor blade sales. Because that's the kind of thing that would ... happen?

Edited by Sandman

I forgot to include Traci/otherPeck in my random couples ramble. I like them together. Not totally surprised bomb guy survived; how many explosions can the show afford each episode? I'd rather bomb guy picked up Andy and saved us from more McSwarek.

• Love 2
I found "Say Something" a really odd choice of song for the end, especially over the lovey-dovey scene with Sam and Andy.

"Say Something" is quickly becoming the new "Hallelujah" -- ubiquitous even when inappropriate, and a song that I used to enjoy that's losing its charm from insane amounts of overexposure.

I really hope Erin Karpluk returns in the "second half" of this season (I really hate that they've not only split the season up, but that they likely won't air the second part until next year -- way to kill any momentum); flustered Nick is wonderful, and I'm intrigued about her character.

The less said about the sonogram, the better.

• Love 1

Well, I liked Sam more than I have...well, ever. I like when he's less of a jerk and more of an intuitive person, so his role with the suspect worked for me. McSwarek was marginally cute and of course just when I can tolerate them, more drama has to happen. I will laugh though if we come back from the break and Marlo goes 'oh, no, this isn't Sam's child. I had a one night stand after we broke up and it's his'. On another note, I do like Marlo and I liked her kind of working with Dov. I could see a friendship growing there.

Nick and his new girl are cute together, but of course the new girl is probably involved with a gang or a grow op or has a severe criminal history or something. Which actually wouldn't be so bad. 

The twist with the children was surprising; I never saw it coming. And I'm happy the bomb exploding was barely a blip. I didn't really feel like 'OMG IS ANDY GONNA SURVIVE?!?! WILL SHE ACCEPT SAM'S OFFER?!?!'

Dov/Chloe was cute but I'm super happy they're broken up, Traci/Steve and Traci/Bomb Guy are cool but I'm hoping Bomb Guy is gay or something so there doesn't have to be another love triangle, and Holly/Gail have broken up yet again (or they will) so...really, them getting back together seemed pointless.

Seems ridiculous that the back end of this season won't air until next summer and will be labeled as season 6. Oh well.

I've always liked Dov and Tracy but the show is doing nothing for them. I also like Marlo but she's probably back just so the show can stir up more Sam/Andy drama. Marlo could be her own, interesting character rather than just a tool in the love story of two other characters.

I've never seen the actor who portrays Nick prior to him being on this show so I wonder how he is playing other parts, but Nick has great. Boring by tv standards, I guess, but appealing.

and Holly/Gail have broken up yet again (or they will) so...really, them getting back together seemed pointless.

Yes, it would be pointless, but the setup left me assuming that Holly will end up deciding to stay. I'm also assuming Gaily won't actually be able to adopt Sophie. Gail and Holly each get to learn something about themselves as individuals and whether their relationship is something they want to make work.

and Holly/Gail have broken up yet again (or they will) so...really, them getting back together seemed pointless.

Not only that but we didn't even see it. They were supposed to meet and talk, there was the fake out when Gail had the meeting for the adoption, and then they were together enough that Gail assumed Holly would raise a kid with her? Seriously, show? So much time is spent on soapy hijinks, but 5 minutes couldn't be freed for Gail? Fuck you, show!

Gail and Holly - meh. This whole adoption thing is weird, and we haven't even seen the two make up, so this come-with-me/baby thing is coming right out of left field for me.

Bailey the Bomb Squad guy - love him. I'm not sure I want to see him go after Tracy, but I have enjoyed seeing more of him.

Really enjoyed Sam and his detective work. I am a McSwarek fan so the whole bomb thing was awesome for me. Yeah, it was not all that realistic and it was a tad cheesy but I loved it all the same.

Something rang awfully wrong with Marlo this episode. From bringing Sam coffee, to telling Sam that Andi can go get the stuff from the evidence room, to the blade found near the suspect in the examination room. I'm not sure Marlo is connected to the suspect's death, but I can't rule it out either. She's pregnant and wether the baby is Sam's doesn't matter - she clearly wants Sam to be the father. Did she plant the bomb in the evidence room? Did she give the suspect a blade to kill himself, or worse, she killed him and made it look like he did it (so he wouldn't reveal he did not plant the bomb in the evidence room)? I think I'm way overthinking all of this, as those do not even sound plausible. LOL But who knows? I can't really see how the suspect would have planted that bomb in the station anyhow.

And what's up with Nick's girl running off on hims after she learns he's a cop?

I don't want to wait until next year to know what happens! This "finale" felt so anti-climatic to me.

Edited by Bouffe
  • Love 1

Joining in from the states tonight, where Ep 10 and 11 aired as a two-part finale. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the step dad as the big bad who sliced the bomber's wrists - I think he actually killed him, not just gave him the razor. (Being part of the corrupt system the bomber was trying to expose)

I don’t think the baby can possibly be Sam’s – Sam got shot and recovered and is back at work. While I eventually realized that Dov was looking to Marlo for an explanation, I originally thought Chloe had left it for Dov!

Duncan couldn’t be dumber, altho at least he realized it. I *may have yelled “blow him up!” at one point.

No idea on Juliet. Perhaps she lost a previous love to violence. Nick is the bomb, no pun intended.

And I absolutely thought fairy tale killer was totally going to kiss Traci under the umbrella.

LOVED Oliver back on the beat. :)

ETA: I think McNally *did have reason to have a beef with Marlo - didn't Marlo almost get her killed last season while she was off her meds? I admit it's been a full year so I don't remember too well, but I thought at one point she put Andy at risk. I could absolutely be making that up tho.

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 1

ETA: I think McNally *did have reason to have a beef with Marlo - didn't Marlo almost get her killed last season while she was off her meds? 

Everyone on Kevin Ford's list has a reason to have a beef with her since her harassment of him was the reason he shot up 15, despite her being right that he was a pedophile. However, she kept talking about 'how girls act' and back in grade school fighting over a boy. Whatever Andy's feelings were towards Marlo has everything to do with Sam, which is childish.

So did I hear correctly in that the bomb four years ago not only killed but EVISCERATED that guy's kid, but the guy, who was sitting at the same table, was relatively fine? (I know they said he was injured, but he can still walk, is unscarred, etc.) How did that happen?

And the bomb in the evidence room was totally a police plant, right? (Used to destroy the guy's computer and giving them a distraction to be able to kill him, also explains why Andy wasn't killed, since it was not meant to be that powerful.)

• Love 1

Yes, that's what they said. The bomb "vaporized" his kid, and he said he was sitting right next to him. smh

Also, the bomb in the evidence room was powerful enough that someone like five feet away on the other side of a wall was lifted someone off her feet and thrown against a wall, but Andy was fine?

Dear Rookie Blue writer, please google "bomb" next time you try to write about them.

Edited by 90PercentGravity
  • Love 1

Yes, that's what they said. The bomb "vaporized" his kid, and he said he was sitting right next to him. smh

I kept waiting for him to say "I got up to go to the washroom when it went off" to make sense of how it can destroy one human and leave the other unscathed. But nope. 

• Love 3

Wagthedog said, "I've always liked Dov and Tracy but the show is doing nothing for them."

Right? Maybe Gregory Smith is just more interested in the directing side but geez. He didn't get any storyline of his own this season. He was just used here and there to prop up Chris and Chloe (who I oddly love now). Shame, because I’m interesting in learning about his past and I’d also like to see more of him as a cop. I think he’s grown a lot in that area since season 1 but we only got a taste of it with the fake home invasion and the episode with Ellie from Degrassi. I know the writers love Andy but I think they need to spread the love around. Even Grey’s Anatomy allows the other characters besides Meredith and Derek a chance to shine. Traci’s just a waste a space now. If she’s not whining about her kid, she in some sort of romantic entanglement.

Edited by t7686

Theodore "Ted" McDonald had all the info on the Judge Constance Sullivan, The Mob, and the local government on his hard drives. He wants Sam to reopen the case. Chris frisked him, and he ends up with a cut wrist in interrogation when Sam ran to the evidence lock up to find Andy. So this will come off one of 2 ways. 1) Commissioner Alonso Santana stayed and watched McDonald through the window, so he went in and cut his wrist to make it look like suicide, after the bomb he will blame on McDonald went off. or 2) how it will probably come off is that they will find out Chris was in rehab and blame him for not finding the razor-blade. Even though Oliver seemed to be ok with his explanation. But now that Oliver had disobeyed Inspector John Jarvis's orders that Oliver will be relieved of office and his replacement will reprimand Chris. But Jarvis's decisions seemed kinda suspicious to me over last few episodes. So he maybe in on it all. There must be cameras in the interrogation room. Unless they were knocked out some how. I just hope Marlo Cruz isn't also in on it. I thought that when Marlo told Sam the hard-drives had been returned to lockup that when Andy got there they would be missing, or "Miss-placed" Good thing Andy and Tim were ok,after the explosion. Sam had tears in his eyes when he found her! Great! Andy telling him, That she couldn' t be hurt, that, "How many girl friends who can walk away from a bomb unscathed?" Sam thinks and says,"3"! Andy, Marlo, and ?? But no EMT check up? Liked the look on Sam when he found Andy and the smoke in his eye.

McDonald did seem a bit unstable. But the way Santana beat him, Sam was worried. Sure he was trying to protect the people and their children, but is there more to it??

If McDonald's son Brandon was vaporized 4 years ago, why wasn't Tom??? Did they find any evidence or was he taken some how? What about other 5?

Can't believe Chris ordeal is over. We see Sam didn't know why he was on vacation it seemed.

Nice to see Oliver on the beat! Working with Andy and then Chloe. Who will replace him?? I hope Frank Best will be back. Oliver throwing Daniel Hollot's backpack in the pool was just what I was saying to the screen, lol.

Nick and Gail in the Buick Century must have been watching Santana's home? He opened the door into Juliet. Later he found her at the Black Horse. She really liked him until he said he was Nicholas Michael Collins, Cop. Then she took off?? She hiding something?

Dov broke up with Chloe because he can't trust her anymore. She looked so hot in that dress! Marlo telling Dov that no one is Nerfect, was kinda funny. And he should give her a chance. Then Dov finds a baby pic on her desk??? Marlo pregnant? Who's baby is it? Or is a friend pregnant?

Duncan was also let off easily by his step dad Commissioner Santana. He stopped Oliver from any kinda of punishment. Traci listened to the call tape that McDonald made to Duncan about the Tip! He not knowing it was McDonald that called it in to get him to his home. Wonder if Duncan knows something about his Step dad?

Andy did seem awful civil towards Marlo. Sam had tried to keep in touch and knew she was in Intelligence. He seems worried. But she told Oliver she felt bad for Duncan too.

Steve Peck told Traci he would help her if she wanted. But after her talk to ETF Sgt. Bailey, especially about Fairy Tales, and what they originally mean was good. But he told her, "Go for something real". Does that mean he is available, or will she go after Steve, again?? At least no Dex drama.

Holly Stewart coming in and kissing Gail and telling her she wanted her back was nice. But later Gail telling her that she is adopting Sophie. She wants her after her mom Treena was killed in apartment building. But Holly took a job in San Francisco and wanted her to move with her. Is that the end of them 2?

On the Holly/Gail thing, I think it would be nice to see (or hear about - because Aliyah hasn't been around for filming) them having a long-distance relationship, that includes plenty of honest, open communication, with lots of personal growth for Gail, until Holly eventually moves back from SF.

• Love 1