Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11: Goodbye Abbie!

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Arcadiasw said:

So I am not alone feeling Jack was the DA during Nora's term? 

Nope. I see my previous post got removed for some reason, but the main point of my post was that I disliked episode 1 of season 11 because I thought it was very OOC for Jack to tank a case and didn’t make much sense, and he never would’ve pulled such a stunt with Schiff or Branch above him, but Nora, even though she disagreed with him, didn’t do anything about it. She was just incredibly weak and lacked authority as DA, and usually just stood on the sidelines offering an academic prospective and acting with no authority. Nora could’ve been a lot more interesting, but they didn’t really do a good job with her and she came across as lacking authority and was hard to buy as DA, along with following in the footsteps of the legendary Schiff.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Nope. I see my previous post got removed for some reason, but the main point of my post was that I disliked episode 1 of season 11 because I thought it was very OOC for Jack to tank a case and didn’t make much sense, and he never would’ve pulled such a stunt with Schiff or Branch above him, but Nora, even though she disagreed with him, didn’t do anything about it. She was just incredibly weak and lacked authority as DA, and usually just stood on the sidelines offering an academic prospective and acting with no authority. Nora could’ve been a lot more interesting, but they didn’t really do a good job with her and she came across as lacking authority and was hard to buy as DA, along with following in the footsteps of the legendary Schiff.

The episode of the 18 year old killing the delivery man stood out to me. She had a meeting with all the other attorneys to debate going for the death penalty. It was interesting to see all the other attorneys in that office but I don't think it's something Adam would do. He understood the buck stops with him and would decide on his own.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

The episode of the 18 year old killing the delivery man stood out to me. She had a meeting with all the other attorneys to debate going for the death penalty. It was interesting to see all the other attorneys in that office but I don't think it's something Adam would do. He understood the buck stops with him and would decide on his own.

I really like that scene in Teenage Wasteland where a bunch of the attorneys debate whether or not to seek the death penalty in the case. It was very interesting to see other prosecutors in the DA’s office. That episode was probably the episode that Nora was the most interesting in, because she had to make a difficult decision that only she could make and it was interesting in how she went about it. I love that episode, very thought provoking and intense. 

• Love 4

Oh wow! In “Whose Monkey is it Amyway?” the show named a real life law firm-a firm I worked at when I had moved to New York in 2006! How about that! Even though the episode isn’t one of my favorites.

”Hubris” however, is one of my favorites. Though I always wonder if that nimrodic maroon of a jury foreperson killed Landry/Morritson in self defense or not.

I just love Abbie’s contempt for her. Especially her “How long after the trial did he dump you?”

Yes, I’m mean.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I really like that scene in Teenage Wasteland where a bunch of the attorneys debate whether or not to seek the death penalty in the case. It was very interesting to see other prosecutors in the DA’s office. That episode was probably the episode that Nora was the most interesting in, because she had to make a difficult decision that only she could make and it was interesting in how she went about it. I love that episode, very thought provoking and intense. 

i liked it too and it would have been a good chance to develop her character and have her learn she needs to be tough to be a da

• Love 2
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh wow! In “Whose Monkey is it Amyway?” the show named a real life law firm-a firm I worked at when I had moved to New York in 2006! How about that! Even though the episode isn’t one of my favorites.

”Hubris” however, is one of my favorites. Though I always wonder if that nimrodic maroon of a jury foreperson killed Landry/Morritson in self defense or not.

I just love Abbie’s contempt for her. Especially her “How long after the trial did he dump you?”

Yes, I’m mean.

As am I!

”Phobia” was on the other day, and JFC Nora is useless. She actually sounded like she too believed that the bio dad beating the adoptive dad to death was “the heat of the moment” bullshit instead of a cold blooded hate crime.

• Love 4

Blech. The end of season 11 and now the Rohmbot years are airing.

Except for a few good lines in her first episode and threatening Ron McLarty’s misogynistic Judge White, Nora is useless as fuck as a district attorney. Feeling as if she needs to emphasize that SHE, PERSONALLY, is against the death penalty, but is “FORCED” to choose it for that sociopathic murderer in “Teenage Wasteland” and ending with her preachy ass “May God have mercy on our souls” was just too much.

Her privilege was so obvious through the whole season.

I didn’t like Jamie’s second and last appearance in “School Daze” either. Oh Boo Hoo, Henry was bullied. I was repeatedly bullied and beat up on by fellow classmates in middle school and turned out okay. I say this only as a counterpart to Jamie, Nora, and Henry’s mother’s pleas. Abbie was absolutely AWESOME here. Especially with the line to Nora about there being “middle ground here.”

Yes, Adam cared about what the people would think-But only that he didn’t do his job and get Justice. Not how he would look to other politicians like Nora did.

I’m glad Abbie left to work for the U.S. Attorney’s office, but bummed Angie Harmon never returned like Carey did.

And since Joe Morton returned two? Three? more times, I’m even more bitter he wasn’t able(?) asked? to reprise his role as Booker in season 6, I think it was.

So I’m out until Connie and Mike show up.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Hey, the episode where Lennie Briscoe mispronounces my hometown is on.  😎 Jerry Orbach tried. Gotta love free publicity!

Any publicity is good publicity right? As long as they spell your name right (never watched it with CC on so I can't vocuh for that...)

And I always thought of it as a touch of realism, given that I have heard the town's name mispronounced in similar (and different) ways in other parts of Upstate. If I was consulted on the portrayal of NYS outside of the NYC metro I would have told them don't worry about pronunciation, just please please please stop always showing the state troopers in their dress uniforms!

• Love 5

I know Abbie left because Angie Harmon wanted to do movies but I head canon she left because she got fed up with Nora. 😅

I like how Abbie and Jack's relationship evolved from "Cherished" to "Deep Vote." You can tell both learned and have deep respect for each other. I think Abbie and Jamie were Jack's best ADAs

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I didn’t like Jamie’s second and last appearance in “School Daze” either. Oh Boo Hoo, Henry was bullied. I was repeatedly bullied and beat up on by fellow classmates in middle school and turned out okay. I say this only as a counterpart to Jamie, Nora, and Henry’s mother’s pleas. Abbie was absolutely AWESOME here. Especially with the line to Nora about there being “middle ground here.”

Seriously. I was bullied to the point of coming home in tears as a child. Did I fantasize about wanting revenge? Sure. But that’s all it was: fantasy. I would never get a gun and shoot up the school because my parents raised me better than that, which is more than I can say for the Semple simpletons!

And Abbie and Skoda were right: there comes a point where a “child” is old enough to know right and wrong. Kids aren’t as stupid as you apparently think, Nora!!!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Seriously. I was bullied to the point of coming home in tears as a child. Did I fantasize about wanting revenge? Sure. But that’s all it was: fantasy. I would never get a gun and shoot up the school because my parents raised me better than that, which is more than I can say for the Semple simpletons!

And Abbie and Skoda were right: there comes a point where a “child” is old enough to know right and wrong. Kids aren’t as stupid as you apparently think, Nora!!!!!

Yes I think most of us have dealt with bullies at school and have wanted revenge, but the vast majority of us don’t shoot up the school because we know that’s wrong. Semple knew right from wrong and just didn’t care, seemed like he wanted the “glory” of being the big bad guy. He killed 4 people and wounded more, and I think he just shot people at random. Nora was again overly soft in this episode. I didn’t have any issue with Jamie defending him, she was just doing her job as a defense lawyer, it was nice to see her. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yes I think most of us have dealt with bullies at school and have wanted revenge, but the vast majority of us don’t shoot up the school because we know that’s wrong. Semple knew right from wrong and just didn’t care, seemed like he wanted the “glory” of being the big bad guy. He killed 4 people and wounded more, and I think he just shot people at random. Nora was again overly soft in this episode. I didn’t have any issue with Jamie defending him, she was just doing her job as a defense lawyer, it was nice to see her. 

Yeah-Henry wasn’t shooting and killing his tormentors, but anyone and everyone. Even students he didn’t know.

While it was good to see Jamie, she was taking the stance that Henry didn’t bear any responsibility for what he did and like all privileged White defendants, should be able to be put in a private hospital because his rich parents could afford it.

Y’all know I ❤️ Jamie, but I suppose going back to teaching and defense work, had her changing her mind. I don’t have to like it, though!😆

• Like 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah-Henry wasn’t shooting and killing his tormentors, but anyone and everyone. Even students he didn’t know.

While it was good to see Jamie, she was taking the stance that Henry didn’t bear any responsibility for what he did and like all privileged White defendants, should be able to be put in a private hospital because his rich parents could afford it.

Y’all know I ❤️ Jamie, but I suppose going back to teaching and defense work, had her changing her mind. I don’t have to like it, though!😆

Yes Henry seemed to just want people to be scared of him and be the big bad tough guy, he knew what he did was wrong and it wasn’t a case of a kid snapping and killing someone who tormented him, Henry shot up the cafeteria killing 4 people and wounding others just at random. And remember Henry hurt his sister as well a couple of years earlier according to the dad. Bullying is terrible but it doesn’t give someone the right to go out and shoot people.

I didn’t agree with Jamie’s stance but she was fighting for what was best for her client which is what good defense attorneys do, so I had no problem with her actions in this episode as she was doing her job, it didn’t make me think less of her. Everyone deserves a competent defense attorney. I liked that Jamie came back a couple of times and that she was shown as a judge on Trial By Jury, I would love to see her return on the new revival and preside over one of the trials. 

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I thought her self-disgust at how she and her ex-husband Neil helped get people acquitted that she KNEW were guilty turned her off from defense work forever. Oh well. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I thought her self-disgust at how she and her ex-husband Neil helped get people acquitted that she KNEW were guilty turned her off from defense work forever. Oh well. 🤷‍♀️

And yet she goes back to defending criminals afterwards....which was a dumb move on the writers' part. Even when she came back in her guest appearance the first time she looked uncomfortable like "What am I doing???". 

• Love 1

Standoff was on tonight, that was a frustrating episode given that the jury just looked the other way on the corrections officer setting up the murder of the inmate who raped his girlfriend. The prosecution proved their case and Jack gave a strong closing, the jury just didn’t want to convict. It was nullification pretty much, like they said at the end. I always liked how Jack went after both vigilantes and people who abused their positions of power, it’s always been one of his pet peeves, and you could tell how disgusted he was that the jury refused to punish the officer. I didn’t feel any sympathy for the officer, because I don’t have sympathy for people who violate their oath to protect people and instead use it to harm people, no matter if the victim was scum.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Columbo said:

What was Judge White's problem with McCoy?

Judge Wright, you mean? I think he thought McCoy brought cases he shouldn’t have - part of it was Wright was just a prick. His comments in Damaged about the mentally challenged girl who was raped were despicable and he made up his mind to throw out that verdict before the case even started. I thought he was correct in Gunshow though to toss out the verdict, that jury convicted on emotion and he never should’ve let the case go to trial. He was being something of a dick again in Dissonance, and it was interesting seeing Nora and him exchange words, but Nora just lacked passion and authority IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Judge Wright, you mean? I think he thought McCoy brought cases he shouldn’t have - part of it was Wright was just a prick. His comments in Damaged about the mentally challenged girl who was raped were despicable and he made up his mind to throw out that verdict before the case even started. I thought he was correct in Gunshow though to toss out the verdict, that jury convicted on emotion and he never should’ve let the case go to trial. He was being something of a dick again in Dissonance, and it was interesting seeing Nora and him exchange words, but Nora just lacked passion and authority IMO. 

Ah, yes, Ron McLarty's Judge! I was going to mention how he seemed decent and was also right in "Gunshow", but I've hated and loathed him since "Damage" when he accused the victim of "seducing" her rapists. When she clearly wasn't mentally competent or would even know how, and couldn't give her consent!

It's a toss up which judge I hate more: Wright or Feldman.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ah, yes, Ron McLarty's Judge! I was going to mention how he seemed decent and was also right in "Gunshow", but I've hated and loathed him since "Damage" when he accused the victim of "seducing" her rapists. When she clearly wasn't mentally competent or would even know how, and couldn't give her consent!

I hate Feldman more, he was blatantly using his position for his own political gain and was a complete turd, Jack basically had to blackmail him into accepting the deal in Under the Influence, he was so biased and unethical in that one it was laughable. Wright at least had moments where he was okay, but his comments in Damaged were fucked up. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Oh yeah, Judge Wright. Damaged would have to be one of the most depressing episodes of tv ever. Not only do the three boys get away with raping a mentally challenged girl thanks partly to a judge more interested in acting for the defendants then actual judging, but in the same episode Lennie's daughter is murdered.

Back to this season, I found the guy from Hubris really creepy with the way he spoke. 

• Love 4

Yeah that guy from Hubris was a real chilling villain. I’ve always wondered if his death at the end was self defense or revenge. He was a pure sociopath and that woman on the jury was so damn gullible. 

• Love 5
On 4/7/2022 at 2:59 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah that guy from Hubris was a real chilling villain. I’ve always wondered if his death at the end was self defense or revenge. He was a pure sociopath and that woman on the jury was so damn gullible. 

One of my FAVORITE episodes. The ending is terrific.

• Love 4

I like Nora so far. She's different from Adam. Much more collaborative and unsure of herself, which creates a different dynamic to the legal part of the show. I, as a staunch anti death penalty person, felt for her hesitation in Teenage Wasteland. It seems like she got railroaded by a whole bunch of Dick Wolf mouthpieces.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

School Daze was a strange case for Jamie to take imo. I mean it was obvious that Henry was the killer, and any mental health angle was a dead end with him. 

I think they should have swapped the episode with the strict judge. Have Melnick defend the school shooting case as she always seems to like hopeless cases. Have Ross be a part of the strict judge case.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Columbo said:

School Daze was a strange case for Jamie to take imo. I mean it was obvious that Henry was the killer, and any mental health angle was a dead end with him. 

I think they should have swapped the episode with the strict judge. Have Melnick defend the school shooting case as she always seems to like hopeless cases. Have Ross be a part of the strict judge case.

Blech. I have no doubt that’s the kind of case Melnick would have taken, but the less of her, the better.

• Love 3
On 4/7/2022 at 10:11 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I absolutely hated him in that episode. It was so obvious the girl couldn't consent due and he didn't care. I wonder how many rapists got off scot free because of him. Probably tons. 

• Love 3

Burn Baby Burn was on tonight - I think the DA’s fucked up epically by charging Lateef Miller with 1st degree murder and seeking the death penalty, it wasn’t a case of 1st degree murder as Miller didn’t plan on killing anyone, he just panicked when the cop came to his door, and who knows what happened when the cop got there. They should’ve had a manslaughter charge and Miller would’ve been convicted of that IMO, the DA’s were influenced by pressure from the police department and overcharged I think, I think Nora showed that she wasn’t a great DA in this episode, she was indecisive, and I’m not sure why Jack pushed for a murder charge.

I had mixed feelings about the case - I think Miller should’ve served prison time but I wouldn’t have convicted him of 1st degree murder. And I thought the defense made a strong case - it wouldn’t surprise me if the deceased cop was a racist - he had 6 excessive force complaints, and belonged to an all white society within the police department and a motorcycle gang, so I think it’s a possibility that he was being aggressive towards Miller and Miller had reason to be scared. On the other hand, Miller may have been angry at the police given that his nephew was killed by police. So I had mixed feelings about the case but I don’t think 1st degree murder was the right charge and I wouldn’t have voted guilty on it, but I do think he should’ve done prison time. I’m curious as to what other people think of this episode, my opinion on it may be unpopular.

I loved Green getting in the face of that bully cop who was threatening the people at the club and behaving like a racist jackass, Green threatening to “stomp his ass into the pavement” was pretty great. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I watched Phobia tonight, and while I like the episode a lot, I think it's a joke how Celia didn't go to prison, she incited the murder and kidnapping plot, yes her baby daddy carried it out and beat the guy to death but she encouraged him to kidnap the baby and provoked him into action by telling him the adoptive parents were gay knowing he was a homophobe, and then she stood by and did nothing when he killed the guy and then refused to cooperate with the police and DA's until she was backed into a corner. Her getting off without prison time was a joke, they had her dead to rights for instigating a kidnapping and murder, yes they needed her to tell them where the baby was and needed her testimony against the killer, but she should've done prison time. I didn't get why they let her off with a slap on the wrist. I thought Celia had a lot of nerve to approach Albers after the trial, thanks in part to Celia the baby would be growing up with one parent instead of two, and she didn't even seem remorseful, Albers should've told the bitch to go fuck herself. I hope she never had anything to do with that kid, hopefully Albers kept her far away from him, Celia had already done enough damage, when the kid turned 18 he could make his own decision about whether or not to seek out Celia. 

And I thought Lisa Cutler, the defense attorney for Robert Kelly, was a homophobic bitch, based on her whole defense and the language she used, trying to make the adoption seem illegitimate because the parents were gay. I liked how Jack called this out in his closing argument, saying that the defense was basically saying the victim deserved to die, and reminding the jury it was actually the victim and Albers who cared for the baby, and I was glad the jury convicted that piece of shit Kelly, he was nothing but a hate murderer. Cutler really pissed me off with her whole attitude. 

It's a really good episode but Celia infuriated me.

• Love 2
On 7/10/2022 at 8:06 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I watched Phobia tonight, and while I like the episode a lot, I think it's a joke how Celia didn't go to prison, she incited the murder and kidnapping plot, yes her baby daddy carried it out and beat the guy to death but she encouraged him to kidnap the baby and provoked him into action by telling him the adoptive parents were gay knowing he was a homophobe, and then she stood by and did nothing when he killed the guy and then refused to cooperate with the police and DA's until she was backed into a corner. Her getting off without prison time was a joke, they had her dead to rights for instigating a kidnapping and murder, yes they needed her to tell them where the baby was and needed her testimony against the killer, but she should've done prison time. I didn't get why they let her off with a slap on the wrist. I thought Celia had a lot of nerve to approach Albers after the trial, thanks in part to Celia the baby would be growing up with one parent instead of two, and she didn't even seem remorseful, Albers should've told the bitch to go fuck herself. I hope she never had anything to do with that kid, hopefully Albers kept her far away from him, Celia had already done enough damage, when the kid turned 18 he could make his own decision about whether or not to seek out Celia. 

And I thought Lisa Cutler, the defense attorney for Robert Kelly, was a homophobic bitch, based on her whole defense and the language she used, trying to make the adoption seem illegitimate because the parents were gay. I liked how Jack called this out in his closing argument, saying that the defense was basically saying the victim deserved to die, and reminding the jury it was actually the victim and Albers who cared for the baby, and I was glad the jury convicted that piece of shit Kelly, he was nothing but a hate murderer. Cutler really pissed me off with her whole attitude. 

It's a really good episode but Celia infuriated me.

Oh, yeah, Celia definitely should have gone to jail. She set the whole thing in motion by going to her ex and she knew that finding out the adoptive parents' were gay would set him off. She should have been serving as much time as he did. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Oh, yeah, Celia definitely should have gone to jail. She set the whole thing in motion by going to her ex and she knew that finding out the adoptive parents' were gay would set him off. She should have been serving as much time as he did. 

She should absolutely have gone to prison, I understood making a plea deal with her to get the location of the baby and her testimony against the killer, but she set the plot in motion, I have no clue why the DA's went so soft on Celia, and she didn't even seem remorseful, she was a selfish bitch. Like I said, she had a lot of nerve to even talk to Albers outside the courtroom after the trial. Celia really got on my nerves, and so did Kelly's defense lawyer, like I say I think the defense attorney was a bigot just like her piece of crap client. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

She should absolutely have gone to prison, I understood making a plea deal with her to get the location of the baby and her testimony against the killer, but she set the plot in motion, I have no clue why the DA's went so soft on Celia, and she didn't even seem remorseful, she was a selfish bitch. Like I said, she had a lot of nerve to even talk to Albers outside the courtroom after the trial. Celia really got on my nerves, and so did Kelly's defense lawyer, like I say I think the defense attorney was a bigot just like her piece of crap client. 

Probably. Bigots are really good at finding other bigots.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Probably. Bigots are really good at finding other bigots.

And Lisa Cutler, the defense attorney, went on to become a judge in later season episodes. Too bad, as she was one of my least favorite defense attorneys, like I said she came off as very homophobic in this episode. I was so glad the jury didn't fall for her bullshit defense.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I’m watching Teenage Wasteland and get most people don’t want to rush into seeking the death penalty, but sometimes I wonder how Nora got her job or I guess more so why she wanted the job because she seems pained in a lot of aspects of the job.  I think she was an Ethics professor, which I could see, but did they go into how she was elected or her background in general?  I was a kid when this aired, so I really don’t remember her because I really liked Adam and even Foghorn Leghorn compared to her, so I just kind of ignored her.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m watching Teenage Wasteland and get most people don’t want to rush into seeking the death penalty, but sometimes I wonder how Nora got her job or I guess more so why she wanted the job because she seems pained in a lot of aspects of the job.  I think she was an Ethics professor, which I could see, but did they go into how she was elected or her background in general?  I was a kid when this aired, so I really don’t remember her because I really liked Adam and even Foghorn Leghorn compared to her, so I just kind of ignored her.

Nora was a prosecutor at one point, she worked alongside Rudy Giuliani in prosecuting organized crime cases, Giuliani said this in his cameo introducing Nora at the DA’s office, Nora was later a professor of law at some prestigious university before being appointed DA. She was never elected and never ran for office, she was appointed when Adam retired and she didn’t run for re-election. That’s all I know about Nora’s background.

I really like Teenage Wasteland, one of my favorite episodes actually, I really like the scene where all of the DA’s have a conference and discuss the case and it was one of the few times Nora was somewhat interesting, usually she was just dull. It was a thought provoking case, with both Jack and defense attorney Stanton making great arguments, I was left unsure of how I would’ve voted if I were on the jury - I think the killer was an evil sociopath who committed a brutal murder for no reason and had prior offenses, so I probably would’ve voted for the death penalty, but Stanton’s argument against the death penalty was really good and gave me a lot to think about. Great episode.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Nora was a prosecutor at one point, she worked alongside Rudy Giuliani in prosecuting organized crime cases, Giuliani said this in his cameo introducing Nora at the DA’s office, Nora was later a professor of law at some prestigious university before being appointed DA. She was never elected and never ran for office, she was appointed when Adam retired and she didn’t run for re-election. That’s all I know about Nora’s background.

I really like Teenage Wasteland, one of my favorite episodes actually, I really like the scene where all of the DA’s have a conference and discuss the case and it was one of the few times Nora was somewhat interesting, usually she was just dull. It was a thought provoking case, with both Jack and defense attorney Stanton making great arguments, I was left unsure of how I would’ve voted if I were on the jury - I think the killer was an evil sociopath who committed a brutal murder for no reason and had prior offenses, so I probably would’ve voted for the death penalty, but Stanton’s argument against the death penalty was really good and gave me a lot to think about. Great episode.

Yes, that was my problem with her…that she was boring.  This episode was probably the one where I paid attention to her the most, which got me thinking how did she even get there? Thanks for explaining she got appointed and worked on OC cases.  I did enjoy the way they showed the ADAs discussing why and why not of seeking the death penalty.  I think as a kid she just was so blah to me.  Of course, as a small child, I was running around with my best exasperated Adam Schiff voice impression telling my parents to “Make a deal!” whenever I got caught doing something and it came time to discuss my punishment 😂 Branch was rather hammy, which I didn’t mind, so Nora always seemed deflated to me.  She livened up a little in this episode.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Yes, that was my problem with her…that she was boring.  This episode was probably the one where I paid attention to her the most, which got me thinking how did she even get there? Thanks for explaining she got appointed and worked on OC cases.  I did enjoy the way they showed the ADAs discussing why and why not of seeking the death penalty.  I think as a kid she just was so blah to me.  Of course, as a small child, I was running around with my best exasperated Adam Schiff voice impression telling my parents to “Make a deal!” whenever I got caught doing something and it came time to discuss my punishment 😂 Branch was rather hammy, which I didn’t mind, so Nora always seemed deflated to me.  She livened up a little in this episode.

Adam was just impossible to replace he was such a great character, and Nora just lacked personality. I know Arthur is a polarizing character, I like him, he brought authority and charisma back to the DA position.

I think season 11 is a pretty strong season with a lot of good episodes, but Nora is the weak link. Teenage Wasteland was one of the few episodes she was interesting in, I also thought she was kind of interesting in Bronx Cheer dealing with the Bronx DA and all.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

She really was boring. Teenage Wasteland is her best episode.  She was clearly against the death penalty and looked for legal ways out of seeking it against the murderer. But in the end she did her job. If they could have continued with her that way. She might have been interesting. For most of her scenes she acted like the ethics professor she used to be then the DA she was.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

She really was boring. Teenage Wasteland is her best episode.  She was clearly against the death penalty and looked for legal ways out of seeking it against the murderer. But in the end she did her job. If they could have continued with her that way. She might have been interesting. For most of her scenes she acted like the ethics professor she used to be then the DA she was.  

That is a perfect description of her character.  I wonder if she was completely written that way or some of it was the actress’ acting choices.  I guess I mean those words were the writers’ unless she improvised in some way, but she sort of had a hesitation  quality in her acting or presentation.  I think a lot of it was because I really missed Adam Schiff. Even as a child, I could tell he was such a great character.  I was always sneaking out of bed trying to watch the show when I’d hear him telling Jack to “Make a deal!’ or otherwise explain why their case is going south .  When Nora came on, I’m like it’s not worth getting even getting up much less getting in trouble.  I was a strange child 🤭😂

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Yep Nora was dull, and she frequently just stood on the sidelines doing nothing. She had a few good moments, but for the most part she was just forgettable, and she could be really soft as well - remember how she was in The Fire This Time for one instance, wanting to go easy on the people who burned down a building and killed a woman. Teenage Wasteland was her most interesting episode. 

4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

That is a perfect description of her character.  I wonder if she was completely written that way or some of it was the actress’ acting choices.  I guess I mean those words were the writers’ unless she improvised in some way, but she sort of had a hesitation  quality in her acting or presentation.  I think a lot of it was because I really missed Adam Schiff. Even as a child, I could tell he was such a great character.  I was always sneaking out of bed trying to watch the show when I’d hear him telling Jack to “Make a deal!’ or otherwise explain why their case is going south .  When Nora came on, I’m like it’s not worth getting even getting up much less getting in trouble.  I was a strange child 🤭😂

Adam was just impossible to replace he was such an awesome character, and Nora just had no personality for the most part.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yep Nora was dull, and she frequently just stood on the sidelines doing nothing. She had a few good moments, but for the most part she was just forgettable, and she could be really soft as well - remember how she was in The Fire This Time for one instance, wanting to go easy on the people who burned down a building and killed a woman. Teenage Wasteland was her most interesting episode. 

Adam was just impossible to replace he was such an awesome character, and Nora just had no personality for the most part.

Yeah Adam was impossible to replace. He was just so damn good. He could be funny and serious and both were believable. He could spend an episode teasing Jack about being part of the Family and he could spend a moment when discussing abortion with Ben and Paul pointing out that they were all men. He could walk into an interrogation and clear the room and it never came off odd. There was just no actor or actress that could ever follow Adam no matter how good they were.

I am a fan of Dianne West but she was just miscast and the writing did her no favors. Her scenes with Jack always made me think more of Jack going to see an old professor to talk about a case then Jack talking to his boss.   

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1