Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Pushed Too Far

• Start Topic

Watching the re-run of the last show (the freaking tea party).  I have a few messages for the Slaton's.  (1).  Like someone said AMY, GET AWAY FROM TAMMY.  This whole enabling thing is old - and I know about addictions - only took me 40 yrs (not me, but my family members).  (2)  Tammy, you are going NOWHERE fast so enjoy yourself while you can, I guess.  (3) Mama DARLENE is a friggin bitch.  No message.  Just truth.  Jesus, I thought my mother was bad.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

I enjoyed the meet & greet with the fans!  It was nice seeing them happy and having a good time with everyone (no fussing, no fighting).  This is the side of Amy & especially Tammy that I want to get to know more!

I get your point but I think Tammy & Amy have been doing this (meet and greets, videos for "fans") long enough to know how they should behave around their fans. They pretend in front of their audience and then there is TLC fueling the fire. Telling them what they need to do to keep this show afloat.

For me, I've seen enough of ALL sides of these 2 and I dislike them more every day. However, I will keep watching. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

On 12/14/2021 at 9:12 AM, all4mom2 said:

So she could push her on the SIDEWALK, but not on the BLACKTOP? 

Have you ever been on blacktop in the hot sun? It is very soft, like those outdoor tiles that are not hard but sort of cushioned. Something that heavy would sink right into it and be almost impossible to move or dislodge. Cement on the other hand is a hard, non-squishy surface. It would be impossible to push even an average-sized human on hot blacktop.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, Ucross said:

Have you ever been on blacktop in the hot sun? It is very soft, like those outdoor tiles that are not hard but sort of cushioned. Something that heavy would sink right into it and be almost impossible to move or dislodge. Cement on the other hand is a hard, non-squishy surface. It would be impossible to push even an average-sized human on hot blacktop.

Tisa has subsequently admitted that it was just an excuse to get Tammy to walk, so I'm done trying to make logical sense of that scene...

• Love 1
14 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I’m sure his life flashed before his eyes when Tammy slipped getting into the pool. If she needed to be helped out of the pool, what could he have done? Formed a human chain with the water aerobics class?

I wonder how much water was displaced from the pool.  No wonder the deck was slippery afterwards.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 2

I’m watching this episode now and it should’ve been titled, “Driving Miss Tammy.” I’m amazed that she said Tisa shouldn’t have taken the job if she didn’t want to “drive her around and push her around.” Tammy is a very entitled, spoiled brat who seems to have the occupation of aide confused with servant. She’s there to help you, not serve you, you shrew.

• Love 10

Well, technically, she's the employee, and Tammy (or TLC) is the employer, so yeah, she's there to do pretty much whatever her employer tells her to do.  In the wider working world, that's known as "other duties as requested." Tisa/Tissa wouldn't last long in the real world with that attitude -- and mouth...

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Tisa/Tissa wouldn't last long in the real world with that attitude -- and mouth...

Probably not but I still like Tisa for not taking any crap from Big T's mouth. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Well, technically, she's the employee, and Tammy (or TLC) is the employer, so yeah, she's there to do pretty much whatever her employer tells her to do.  In the wider working world, that's known as "other duties as requested." Tisa/Tissa wouldn't last long in the real world with that attitude -- and mouth...

In most jobs, the job description would list how much you are expected to be able to lift (or in this case, push).  (Before I retired, I worked in an office, and my job description said a person in my position must be able to lift 30 lbs.)  If Tisa had known she'd have to push a 700 lb person around, she may have had second thoughts about the job. 🙂

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

In most jobs, the job description would list how much you are expected to be able to lift (or in this case, push).  (Before I retired, I worked in an office, and my job description said a person in my position must be able to lift 30 lbs.)  If Tisa had known she'd have to push a 700 lb person around, she may have had second thoughts about the job. 🙂

I think Tisa probably had a pretty good idea...  At any rate, they're all actors, to some degree, following a script, so we can't take any of it too seriously.  After all, this is "reality" TV and TLC!

• Love 4
On 12/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I wonder how much water was displaced from the pool.  No wonder the deck was slippery afterwards.

I would not want to swim in that pool after Tammy had been in it. That water was getting into deep folds and crevices' that probably had not seen soap or a washcloth in years. I hope they tested the water for bacteria as soon as she hauled herself out.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Kenzie said:

I would not want to swim in that pool after Tammy had been in it. That water was getting into deep folds and crevices' that probably had not seen soap or a washcloth in years. I hope they tested the water for bacteria as soon as she hauled herself out.

I would have gotten out of the pool before Tammy slid into it. I wonder if those ladies in the pool agreed to be on camera for TLC to film Big T? How disrespectful to the folks in the pool who probably pay a membership to enjoy the amenities. Then here comes the 700 pound stink bomb. 

• Love 4