Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Secret Santa Has a Gift For You

DanaK
  • Start Topic

12/08/2021 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : The outcome of Will's investigation weighs heavily on his mind as he works with Dylan to save a 4-month-old patient. Stevie and Vanessa both struggle to keep their secrets. Crockett and Blake work with Abrams to save a patient in need of a liver transplant. 

31 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

Maggie's daughter grabbing that microphone and announcing Maggie's her mom was barf-worthy and really out of line!

I thought it was sweet

Good going Miss Goodwin, calling the FBI over the board’s instructions. She’s in trouble now. But at least she took action instead of letting those jerks walk, which should make Will feel better

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

Maggie's daughter grabbing that microphone and announcing Maggie's her mom was barf-worthy and really out of line!

Agreed. Maybe OK for a staff-only party but not one for sick kids and their families!

• Love 5

I like fallout, but perhaps Goodwin might be leaving the show, and I don't like the in-house lawyer.

Abrams is crass, but he really knows his shit.

Also, now that it's known Maggie & the daughter fall under the supervisor/subordinate umbrella. 

Edited by preeya
  • Love 2

I like it that Crockett is apparently more attracted to the mom than the daughter. Mature women rock! 😏 

Another rare genetic disease? There have been a lot this year. 
That board member glaring at Goodwin over his crook son (or is it SIL?) getting arrested was rich. 
I love, love, love Dr. Charles! That schizophrenia sim was awesome.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I second this sentiment.  I also love how the show is using Dr. Charles to talk about mental health issues without coming off as preachy this season.  The show is so unsubtle in other areas that the restraint is much appreciated.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I second this sentiment.  I also love how the show is using Dr. Charles to talk about mental health issues without coming off as preachy this season.  The show is so unsubtle in other areas that the restraint is much appreciated.

Does Dr. Charles' little "show & tell" with Archer indicate that he (Archer) will no longer be a scumbag?

I doubt it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I like it that Crockett is apparently more attracted to the mom than the daughter. Mature women rock! 😏 

That board member glaring at Goodwin over his crook son (or is it SIL?) getting arrested was rich. 

I thought the sim was fascinating especially because many people have those kinds of thoughts although not as extreme as experienced by someone who is suffering from schizophrenia. But anyone with social anxiety thinks people are looking at them and judging them although not to the kind of degree but it can also hamper one's ability to navigate the world - although obviously not to the same degree.

I have read that they also have done this kind of training to make doctors more sympathetic to geriatric patients - they put stuff in their shoes and wear smeared glasses to simulate walking and vision issues.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Id prefer he didn't show any interest in the Daughter if they are gonna hook him up with his colleague. Love Triangles are fucking gross. 

• Love 4
On 12/8/2021 at 9:27 PM, Josh371982 said:

I Hate love Triangles. Especially when 2 family members liking the same person. Crockett is so gross kissing the mother after having been on a couple dates with her daughter 

Yeah, ew, yuck.

• Love 2
On 12/8/2021 at 10:00 PM, DanaK said:

Good going Miss Goodwin, calling the FBI over the board’s instructions. She’s in trouble now. But at least she took action instead of letting those jerks walk, which should make Will feel better

In my opinion she didn't have a choice.  First, it was the right thing to do morally and ethically.  Just firing the doctor was not enough, he'd go onto another hospital, especially with Daddy Warbucks backing.  And this medical device would still be in play, potentially harming patients not to mention defrauding the government.  Second, she rightly did not want to be part of the coverup, which would eventually come to light, and as we all know is sometimes punished worse than the crime itself.  The board cannot vote to turn their back on medical corruption and collusion, that's ridiculous.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, judyri said:

In my opinion she didn't have a choice.  First, it was the right thing to do morally and ethically.  Just firing the doctor was not enough, he'd go onto another hospital, especially with Daddy Warbucks backing.  And this medical device would still be in play, potentially harming patients not to mention defrauding the government.  Second, she rightly did not want to be part of the coverup, which would eventually come to light, and as we all know is sometimes punished worse than the crime itself.  The board cannot vote to turn their back on medical corruption and collusion, that's ridiculous.

Oh, I totally agree; I was being a bit sarcastic. Good thing Miss Goodwin isn't corrupt and cowardly like the board. Can the whole board be replaced after something like this? That guy that told Miss Goodwin what the board decided and indicated it was best to just let things lie, was that the hospital's lawyer?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

That guy that told Miss Goodwin what the board decided and indicated it was best to just let things lie, was that the hospital's lawyer?

Yeah it was, oversaw by evil father in law.

Direct quote from me several times at the interaction between Crockett and Blake - "yipes yipes yipes yipes yipes."  On the other hand, I do have to like how he's moved on from Natalie.  (Who I am positive is now being held captive somewhere by Philip and no one else knows or cares.)

Abrams is a softie who blows kisses to sick children!

OK, so there may be some truth to the negative consequences the lawyer was explaining to Goodwin and Halstead.  It does give the hospital a black eye in a certain regard, but if that also means corrupt or easily corruptible doctors don't want to work there while doctors who want to do the right thing (like Dr. Scott) gravitate to a hospital with a top-down culture that seems like a good fit - that's GREAT.  When the lawyer said that A-list doctors would leave Chicago Med, I have to admit I thought, "no, not Abrams and Latham!" but if they went to a different hospital on a different show written by better writers, I have zero problem with that.

Though I agree with everyone else who has said something has clearly changed in the writers' room this season and we are seeing positive evidence of that in every episode.  They also let Dr. Scott be the voice of the audience on a regular basis, like when he openly calls out other characters on their BS, so that's very appreciated, too.

If S. Epatha was shooting some episodes for the Law and Order revival, I would think they were temporarily writing her out of her position on Chicago Med to allow her to film something else (like they are doing for Brian Tee), but I don't think she's going to be on L&O ...

• Love 1
On 12/8/2021 at 6:26 PM, SuzieQ said:

Just proves she really is Maggie's daughter.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 12/13/2021 at 1:33 AM, sweetandsour said:

If S. Epatha was shooting some episodes for the Law and Order revival, I would think they were temporarily writing her out of her position on Chicago Med to allow her to film something else (like they are doing for Brian Tee), but I don't think she's going to be on L&O ...

She's not. Camryn Manheim is playing the new lieutenant on the Law & Order revival.

• Useful 2