Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E17: Drop Dead

shantown
  • Start Topic

With the Finals approaching, players scramble to stay out of elimination. No one can predict who the Compromised Agent will choose to battle. Just when the players think they are in the clear, TJ drops a bomb that puts everyone in danger.

Airs 12/01/21 from 8:00-9:32pm on MTV

• Love 1

Logan chose wrong.  He would have had a chance against Devin.   I checked my PVR.  Two more episodes, at least.   

I wonder if they will get to change clothes for whatever TJ has in mind for these two eliminations.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Logan chose wrong.  He would have had a chance against Devin.   I checked my PVR.  Two more episodes, at least.   

I wonder if they will get to change clothes for whatever TJ has in mind for these two eliminations.

I think they announced this season had 20 episodes.

Considering that last season they announced 19 episodes and that ultimately turned out to not include the reunion episodes, I'm going to assume that there will be 21 or 22 episodes this season all together.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1

Why why why didn't Logan choose Devin. Are they even friends? It makes no sense. Logan is friends with Emanuel and made a promise to Nelson. I don't recall any relationship between Logan and Devin. Did Logan feel pressured to pick the other rookie?

• Love 4

Apparently having fewer players doesn't matter when one is CT, lol.

He had a lot of grace and balance considering he was carrying Kyle and Emy on his back too. *rim shot*

Edited by CrazyDog
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

Apparently, Big T did a “remix” to Emy’s “Alien” song with nothing but insults… and Emy and Big T got into a fight over it, and this was not caught on camera. Watching Devin tell the story on The aftershow.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. Somebody needs a pay cut. How do you not get that on camera? Now I wanna hear Big T’s remix.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

He had to guess at what it was going to be.  That rocket, it was hard to figure out what it would be for.  Was it the same rockets they used in the earlier elimination?  But not obvious that it was going to be about stamina and agility.  Logan probably chose based on size and thought there would be strength involved.

The Daily was cool.  Amazing how well CT did if he never practiced it.  But he got better the more times he did it.  Immanuel, you'd think with his balance and stamina for dancing would have done better.  If they had a rule that each member of the team had to attempt it equally or take turns, then it would have been a wild card though the smart thing would be for Kyle and Emy to jump in the water right away to preserve time for the team and maximize the turns for CT.

Not much suspense in the deliberation.  Emy was protecting Imanuel and Kyle was protecting Devin.  So what's the point in pleading your case, the vote is already set but the producers want to have this segment with people possibly causing arguments or something.

The twist is interesting.  There are 10 left after Logan leaves.  CT said 2 more will be eliminated going down to 8.  So how many in the Finals, maybe a maximum of 6 if they're doing 3 pairs?  Or maybe down to 4 or 5 and it's individual.

The previous Daily, they had to run back and forth a lot carrying the money bags.  CT said that was a taste of the Final.  So no surprise there would be endurance component and maybe carrying weight for some of those distance runs.

8 in the Finals seem unlikely, unless they want to have 4 teams of 2.  But how would they break these teams up.  Depending on which two get eliminated, one of the cells might only have one person.  But it would result in uneven numbers for each team.

So how would they pair up the remaining challengers if it's not based on the current cells?

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

There was a lot of emphasis when TJ told Emmanuel to rejoin the group and didn’t give him the option to infiltrate so maybe cells are done?

That’s what I’m thinking.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Me too, especially in the beginning.

That first 15 minutes I thought CT is going home and Emmanuel is the one sending him home. He had the "going home" edit... call to family, talking about how much a beast he is, etc. Then when Ruby did so poorly I realized that was wrong, but still thought CT might be going home. It's crazy he was able to do that whole challenge all by himself. 

They're at 5 men and 5 women right now. I'm going to bet a pairs final with girl/guy teams. The "night of eliminations" will get rid of one guy and one girl so it'll be 8 running the final in pairs. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

Then when Ruby did so poorly I realized that was wrong, but still thought CT might be going home. It's crazy he was able to do that whole challenge all by himself. 

When Ruby did so terribly, I thought they were doubling down on CT going home. I thought “Ruby did terribly as predicted. Now, Emerald is going to outperform everyone, pick CT at the Agency vote because he basically beasted through daily challenge by himself and they see they can’t beat him in the final.”

Emerald having more numbers was a hindrance in this challenge. Everyone other than Devin and Kaycee wasted time. I think Kyle tried twice and Emy once and never went again. Then, CT completed the challenge by himself. I was thinking that Nany, Amanda, and Emanuel should not attempt to go again because they’re just wasting time. Just have Devin and Kaycee rotate.

This was probably the funniest challenge to watch. These sabotage challenges are hilarious. Ruby and Emerald awkwardly falling into the water and trying to scoot across the beam was hilarious. Everyone letting Nany go across, and Amanda and Nany just jumping into the water… 🤣🤣🤣

• Love 4

The way this episode began made me think that CT is going to elimination, and maybe going home. During the challenge: CT is beasting through this challenge alone. Carrying the team on his back. Then Ruby goes up, and after Nelson and Tori get knocked down, they are back to go across again. At that point I'm super confused, because based on Sapphire's performance, I thought once you got knocked down you couldn't go back. I wasn't paying attention to the rules. Either Emy and Kyle decided not to try again and stayed in the water, or CT went so fast that they didn't even get a chance to go again. I'm so glad Emerald lost. If Devin and Kyle ended up going against each other in the elimination, and Devin wins, he should go to sapphire, that would be funny. 

Strategy for choosing someone, I would have chosen Nelson. Out of all the eligible guys, I feel like Nelson is all around the biggest threat in a final, due to size, strength, and challenge experience. Then he will likely pick Emmanuel, and if Nelson wins, his team remains strong, and Emerald weakens yet again. If he loses, I would think Emmanuel would join ruby. I think he would have a better shot at winning there than on Emerald. 

I'm sad Logan went in, and lost. I really liked him. He would have won this challenge had he picked Devin. So after Emmanuel won, I thought go to Ruby!! He would have had an excellent shot at the final on Ruby. Alas, there is no more switching. Too bad so sad. I think they still should have had Emmanuel pick, just to see what would have happened. Then they could have continued with the whole 2 more people being eliminated. I hope the two are Amanda and Kyle. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

At that point I'm super confused, because based on Sapphire's performance, I thought once you got knocked down you couldn't go back. I wasn't paying attention to the rules. Either Emy and Kyle decided not to try again and stayed in the water, or CT went so fast that they didn't even get a chance to go again.

If they fell into the water, they can climb back onto the rig and go again. However, if their "bomb" or "missile" (whatever its called) falls in the water, that stays in the water and is "dead."

I'm confused about whether each player had to go at least once before one person can take back-to-back turns.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 2

Delusional Devin was hilarious talking about what a threat he is.  What he doesn’t seem to get is that while CT might not be the fastest, have the most endurance, the strongest, the smartest, the most strategic etc. etc. , he is high up in all categories.  What makes him a threat is that when you combine all these attributes together, that’s wha5 makes him so great.  

• Love 5

I can't decide if CT beasting that challenge means something for the final results or was a set up for a dramatic last elim next week. Either way, this stupid show keeps me watching each week...

I really liked that elimination. The beep test, basically, but with jumping an obstacle. The bane of soccer players everywhere. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Strategy for choosing someone, I would have chosen Nelson. Out of all the eligible guys, I feel like Nelson is all around the biggest threat in a final, due to size, strength, and challenge experience. Then he will likely pick Emmanuel, and if Nelson wins, his team remains strong, and Emerald weakens yet again. If he loses, I would think Emmanuel would join ruby. I think he would have a better shot at winning there than on Emerald. 

Forgive me, but Nelson is a fucking idiot. Nelson is a workhorse, sure. I’m of the opinion that Nelson will never win one of these things but maybe he makes me a liar one day. I will humbly eat my words then.

I thought the agency would have chosen Emanuel. I don’t have the slightest idea who Emanuel would have chosen in elimination. I think Nelson would have had a much better shot at beating Emanuel at this particular elimination over anyone else left considering Logan had injured his leg before. Nelson has good endurance and stamina and he’s a pretty fast runner.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Forgive me, but Nelson is a fucking idiot. Nelson is a workhorse, sure. I’m of the opinion that Nelson will never win one of these things but maybe he makes me a liar one day. I will humbly eat my words then.

I thought the agency would have chosen Emanuel. I don’t have the slightest idea who Emanuel would have chosen in elimination. I think Nelson would have had a much better shot at beating Emanuel at this particular elimination over anyone else left considering had injured his leg before. Nelson has good endurance and stamina and he’s a pretty fast runner.

Hehe, I understand. I think that everyone chooses workhorses above all else. That's why they don't want more than one "Devin" on the team. He will have someone else on his team to do the critical thinking when the time comes. 

Edited by LaurelleJ

I noticed a little editing magic while I watched also. Notice that when Emy starts crying that she doesn’t wanna go across the platform, none of her teammates are on the platform and notice that the box where they are to drop these missiles/bombs/whatevers is empty even though we had already saw CT go and retrieve one, and place it in the box.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I thought the agency would have chosen Emanuel. I don’t have the slightest idea who Emanuel would have chosen in elimination. I think Nelson would have had a much better shot at beating Emanuel at this particular elimination over anyone else left considering Logan had injured his leg before. Nelson has good endurance and stamina and he’s a pretty fast runner.

Funny that I learned from a podcast. Nelson has never won a daily. Ever. He's like 0 - 51 now. In a team or by himself. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I noticed a little editing magic while I watched also. Notice that when Emy starts crying that she doesn’t wanna go across the platform, none of her teammates are on the platform and notice that the box where they are to drop these missiles/bombs/whatevers is empty even though we had already saw CT go and retrieve one, and place it in the box.

I'm glad you noticed because all I noticed was once again how annoyed I was by Emy and her over the topness. She was carrying on like she was about to get drowned. And then when they won she has to keep screaming "Uncle CT!" over and over again. I guess I'm mean because a small part of me hopes CT screws her over in the final.

Kaycee and Kyle's outfits during the elimination were crazy.

I have to laugh every time they add in Nany's talking heads where she waxes poetic about Kaycee. I also keep thinking Kayee is going to screw her over.

Edited by MaggieG
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I found the ending interesting since I'd been wondering why everyone seemed so certain the final would be on a 3 team basis. I never saw TJ saying that and started to wonder if they spelled out more rules off camera. He did say when they dropped pairs that it was now an individual game so based on that I've been wondering why they feel so certain they'll be "running the final with this great Emerald squad" (or why they would want to divide $$ 5 ways). 

So glad Emerald lost. Oh, look a challenge where having numbers does not help and lookie there, they lose.

Nany's odes to how awesome Kaycee is are just something. 

• Love 2

Why am I not surprised Emy is now horning in on other people's wins as an excuse to perform her one-woman show, "RO-MANIA!!!"  The repeated clips of her breakout hit, Uncle CT, were bad enough.  I can't stand this woman.

Logan was an idiot to spare Devin.   Devin has no business being in this final and will probably be a liability to whatever team/partner is burdened with him.   Also a pity Logan didn't drive a stake through Emanuel's conceited heart.

Aside from Amanda, there were precious few reasons to laugh during this episode, although Kyle's impression of Cesar Romero's Joker after winning the daily was humorous.

What's the deal with Nelson's Nelson-splaining tone in the confessionals?  I don't remember him doing that in past seasons

On 12/1/2021 at 11:39 PM, AntFTW said:

Apparently, Big T did a “remix” to Emy’s “Alien” song with nothing but insults… and Emy and Big T got into a fight over it, and this was not caught on camera. Watching Devin tell the story on The aftershow.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. Somebody needs a pay cut. How do you not get that on camera? Now I wanna hear Big T’s remix.

The show is hell-bent on making Emy happen and probably didn't want to do anything that casts her in a negative light.   I find myself longing for Camila, who would eat Emy alive.

• Love 1

Apologies for the lateness. This hasn't been the worst season, but I'm ready for it to end. If the final episode airs next week (December 15), I'll have to DVR it while I watch the Survivor finale "live." It's more about DVR space than preference, but I feel like the odds of CT winning his fifth title are greater than anyone else getting their first win.

Why is Logan getting roasted for picking Emanuel? If you think about it, eliminations are a crap shot in terms of what skills are needed to win. If any of us saw the set up, I think most of us wouldn't get that the players would have to jump over "missiles" and get back in a certain amount of time. As a result, Romania has two strong contenders in the Alien and the Vampire.

Mission was fun, but CT won it a little too easily. I'm really hoping that the others weren't told to take a dive (no pun intended) in order for him to advance.

On 12/1/2021 at 9:38 PM, AntFTW said:

Amanda: YES! SEE YA LATER BITCH!!! EAT THE WATER!!!! DIE!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I don't think I've ever heard "eat the water" before. I gotta figure a way to work that into conversation.

On 12/5/2021 at 10:02 AM, millennium said:

Why am I not surprised Emy is now horning in on other people's wins as an excuse to perform her one-woman show, "RO-MANIA!!!"  The repeated clips of her breakout hit, Uncle CT, were bad enough.  I can't stand this woman.

She is 4-0 in the Lair, and that's rarefied air . .  unless you remember CT helped her a few times. That brings up how the audience could be restricted from helping people in an elimination, but that's further down BMP's "to-do" list, far behind "Stop players from fighting and saying stupid shit" and "create more missions that would be TJ piss himself while he laughs." Also, I'm weak, because "Meester TJ" and "Uncle CT" get me every time. Emy is probably exhausting to be around, she's as bootleg a copy of Cara Maria as Emanuel is to Jordan, but she brings the enthusiasm.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

She is 4-0 in the Lair, and that's rarefied air . .  unless you remember CT helped her a few times. That brings up how the audience could be restricted from helping people in an elimination, but that's further down BMP's "to-do" list, far behind "Stop players from fighting and saying stupid shit" and "create more missions that would be TJ piss himself while he laughs." Also, I'm weak, because "Meester TJ" and "Uncle CT" get me every time. Emy is probably exhausting to be around, she's as bootleg a copy of Cara Maria as Emanuel is to Jordan, but she brings the enthusiasm.

We must agree to disagree.  Where you see Emy's affectations as charming, I regard them as cloying schtick.   As for her wins in the Lair,  beyond that CT has all but held her hand, the competition this season has been weak, inexperienced or both.   As I suggested above, put her against Camila in her prime.   Or Laurel.  Or my all-time favorite, Evelyn.   Heck, even Jenna.  Put her against Tori right now, or Kaycee. 

"Stop players from fighting and saying stupid shit?"   Unfortunately, this tedious season almost rises to that standard (unthinkable as it is to someone like me who relishes the players fighting and saying stupid shit)

• Love 1