Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: A Camper, a Compass and a Cannoli

jewel21
  • Start Topic

I think every episode should take place from Cannoli's perspective, hee. Cannoli makes everything better and I just want to bury my face in his fluffiness. What a cutie. 

It took me forever to place where the cook is from. He was the lead actor in "The Cutting Edge" if I'm not mistaken. 

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

How can the doodles not like him?!

Clearly they're snobs. And jealous of his fluffiness. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

It took me forever to place where the cook is from. He was the lead actor in "The Cutting Edge" if I'm not mistaken. 

D. B. Sweeney!

2 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

And jealous of his fluffiness. 

Who wouldn't be?

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

So is Drew actually leaving on a road trip?

Like, I am not saying I want Drew on the show, but at the same time, holy shit, show, make up your damn mind! They re-did the opening credits a SECOND time to make Middleditch MORE involved in the opening credits only to write him off two episodes later? None of this makes any sense!!

• Love 5

I have no problem with the show going dark. But I don't think they're doing anything particularly profound with the dark material.

And it really needs to have some decent humor. Gina was 10 times funnier when she was a mess. They've lost sight of what makes her unique.

• Love 5

OMG. Looks like he's been pretty prolific on TV since then but he sure never became a big movie star, did he?

I suspect Thomas Middleditch is being phased out of the show due to the negative publicity that came out about him last season. Another casualty of "cancel culture," some will complain. But Drew really doesn't fit anywhere in the new format, and now that the transplant is done. So it feels pretty organic, even if it's being done for other reasons.

I hate to say it, but Spencer was right about Bette's outfit, even if he wasn't exactly tactful about it. She looked like a 70-year old hooker.

The running gag of Gabby and Gideon always being stoned is already stale, and not funny. Gina needs to fire them.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I hate to say it, but Spencer was right about Bette's outfit, even if he wasn't exactly tactful about it. She looked like a 70-year old hooker.

The wardrobe department needs to rethink Jane Seymour's "costumes" hair and make up.  Bette can dress sexy without looking like a 70-year old hooker with dementia.  When I see her, all I can think of is Lola, the showgirl, from Barry Manilow's Copacabana.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I knew DB Sweeney was going to be on the show, but I didn't recognize him at all. Thanks!

8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I suspect Thomas Middleditch is being phased out of the show due to the negative publicity that came out about him last season. Another casualty of "cancel culture," some will complain. But Drew really doesn't fit anywhere in the new format, and now that the transplant is done. So it feels pretty organic, even if it's being done for other reasons.

Yup. And about time, too. Just get in the damn RV and leave. Poor Annaleigh, having to go in for that hug at the end. I'm hoping they set up a portable decontamination shower for her in the parking lot!

• Love 4
14 hours ago, possibilities said:

Gideon wasn't high when he was a dialysis nurse. They've gone out of their way to wreck his character. It's not funny. I don't get why they think it is.

Yeah, and it doesn't make Gina look good when she ignores her actual health care staff (y'know, the people most likely to seriously injure or kill someone if they make a mistake) being under the influence at work. I'd imagine she'd get sued (or possibly held criminally liable) if someone was hurt because he gave them the wrong medication or something. I worked briefly with a guy who would go out and get baked in his car on his break. Key word: briefly. And that was a retail job, hardly life or death.

(Not sure what Gabby's job even is; is she an actual nurse of some sort or just an aide?)

• Love 3
On 12/2/2021 at 9:02 PM, jewel21 said:

I think every episode should take place from Cannoli's perspective, hee. Cannoli makes everything better and I just want to bury my face in his fluffiness. What a cutie. 

The hospice my mother was at had a Take Your Dog To Work policy for its staff. There was one dog who was about Cannoli's size and fluffiness, although I don't know what his actual breed was. He hung out on his mat in the main lounge area. Within ten minutes of entering the hospice, we were told that the dog had previously had lymphoma. It was interesting the first or second time I heard it; however, the staff insisted on announcing, "He's a cancer survivor," every time we were in the same room as him. By the tenth time hearing it, I was a little tired of being told that the dog had received better health care than my mother. 

• Love 1
On 12/2/2021 at 9:11 PM, Brian Cronin said:

They re-did the opening credits a SECOND time to make Middleditch MORE involved in the opening credits only to write him off two episodes later? None of this makes any sense!!

There is a long version and a short version of the new credits. Both have been shown several times since the change. Which version is used probably just depends on how much run time they need for the actual show. Other shows have done the same (Maude comes to mind).

• Useful 3
On 12/2/2021 at 8:35 PM, ams1001 said:

So is Drew actually leaving on a road trip?

Or just leaving...?

The references to van life and the Grand Tetons were a little unfortunate given the recent current events.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, eel21788 said:

The references to van life and the Grand Tetons were a little unfortunate given the recent current events.

Yeah, I thought choosing those particular mountains was in poor taste...

• Love 1

I suspect we will get phone calls from the road to update Gina on Drew's New Adventures (yawn).

They really need to re-re-boot the Assisted Living Home aspect of the show.   Also, it's not a nursing home, so there isn't medical care provided (hence the bus rides to doctors, etc).  I've never thought the airhead brunette aide brought anything to the show and has Gideon had any lines this year when he wasn't "high".  

The cast is really just out of control.  We have two leads, 6 seniors, a patient awaiting a transplant, and 4 extremely incompetent employees.  I 'm all for featuring legacy TV stars, but all of them seem like caricatures.  

Not sure how this mess can be salvaged.

• Love 6