Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: There's Snow Place Like Home

• Start Topic

The thing that bothers me the most about this show is these cast members are ridiculous and they believe their own hype. It's not different from any other Bravo show in that regard, but for some reason this cast grates. I'm sick of the costumes, I hate retro day at ski resorts with a white hot passion and it's so stupid that these people who have been hooking up for less than two weeks are "couples." I was really hoping they'd get into the outdoor activities and actually do things beyond day drinking and playing Amazon sponsored dress up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Well, Bravo, let’s not do that again.  Other than Jason I did not see one person who wasn’t acting like a school child. Neither Austin or Craig have enough charisma to interest me in a second show with them & these women have absolutely no self esteem to be falling all over these guys.   And they left that place a total mess!

• Applause 1
  • Love 10

Paige and Ciara are such an annoying duo and not fun to watch. Not entertaining at all.

This was not a good show lol.

The only person I liked was Jason pretty much.

Austen is such a loser. He looks even stupider when he dresses up lol.

These ppl are ridiculous with these so called relationships.

I couldn’t care less about stupid Austen and Ciara. I have never seen any chemistry with them.

I’ll take Summer House now pls.

• Love 3

I didn’t think anyone could care less about Ciara and Austen than I do but I stand corrected.

After watching their performances last night I do believe that Ciara and Austen care less about Ciara and Austen than I do.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Austen is a total bore and total waste on Southern Charm so I cannot imagine why the PTB think he would be any more interesting on this. I actually cannot stand him. I fast forwarded more than I watched the whole series. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I can't figure out why this show didn't work. It should, Summer House works, but this was just  chaos, tears and ungodly, piggy mess. If they do this again, I hope it's more skiing and outdoor fun and less of...whatever this was. (And more housekeeping puleez)-Ok drunk Lindsay taking a slow motion nose dive a couple episodes ago was funny. I'm glad she wasn't hurt-

I can't believe I agree with Austen on anything, but yes, Amanda should have minded her own beeswax. Did Amanda only want to tell Ciara because it's being filmed that she knew what Austen said? If it's that, then I give her a bit of a pass. He could have kept it civil, though. Why do they all want deep convos when they're drunk? Ciara dodged a bullet. He's not good looking or successful enough to be that much of a player.

It's got to be the copious alcohol and lack of sleep that's causing all those tears and over analyzing 'relationships' after two weeks, right? 

HOW many boxes of crap did Paige bring with her? That was insane! They all had so much stuff. For two weeks, I'd only need a duffle and skis.

Jason was mvp of this show. He seems like a genuinely sweet person, and he cooks and cleans! I wonder if he and Lindz still date at all? She'd be lucky if so.

• Love 7
On 11/25/2021 at 6:27 AM, bosawks said:

I didn’t think anyone could care less about Ciara and Austen than I do but I stand corrected.

After watching their performances last night I do believe that Ciara and Austen care less about Ciara and Austen than I do.

I always felt this way about Austen and Madison on Southern Charm. Those two never even seemed like they liked each other all that much, platonic or otherwise, so the constant histrionics during their breakups and makeups never made any sense at all to me. 

• Love 8

Summer House was at its best in S1 when the Wirkus Twins were the HBICs. Kyle trying to be the number one guy in the group is tiresome, loathsome and besides that he is WAY past his expiration date. Engaged/married couples in share houses are so lame with their inflated senses of superiority.

I think this show concept would have faired better if they kept the crew from Summer House and didn't try to do a franchise crossover. Craig and Austen brought absolutely nothing but their own baggage. The producers focused too much on the fake couples (fouples?) and left the singles in the dust. It was lame. Literally no one cares. 

Paige really showed her true colors, eh?

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Jason was mvp of this show. He seems like a genuinely sweet person, and he cooks and cleans! I wonder if he and Lindz still date at all? She'd be lucky if so.

Too lucky!!!  If Jason is as nice as he seems, he would be waaayyyy too good for her, and Lindsay not only does NOT deserve him as a romantic partner, but doesn't deserve his friendship either!  She's a leech and sucks everything out of a good person and always with the "My Mommy Left Me" sob story in order to guilt good people into doing what she wants.

• Love 4

Folks who said there's no chemistry between Austen and Ciara nailed it. Now I know why I didn't care about them at all. And for all people have been thinking Gabby is a sour puss, Ciara's almost total lack of affect is very off putting to me.

I do kind of get the "where is this relationship going" discussions. Being together 24/7 for over two weeks has accelerated the dynamic. They're at a point that would usually take longer to achieve and now they've moving into different milieus. I wouldn't want to walk out of the house not knowing if the other person and I were on the same page about continuing or not.

Although I don't have the budget, physique or lifestyle to accommodate it, my taste runs similar to that of Kate Middleton. Obviously Paige and I don't agree on what good fashion is. I believe a woman should wear what she wants, but I have to wonder if dressing like a guy's wet dream is what Paige wants or what she thinks she should want. Yes, she probably can get any guy in the room, but odds are none of them are thinking "Wifey!"

23 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Did Amanda only want to tell Ciara because it's being filmed that she knew what Austen said? If it's that, then I give her a bit of a pass.

That's a good point. What irks me is that her method of confrontation seems to be "bursting into tears."

6 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Kyle trying to be the number one guy in the group is tiresome, loathsome and besides that he is WAY past his expiration date.

To be fair, there is some history behind Kyle being the number one guy. The original premise of Summer House was that Kyle arranged the house and invited his friends to share. Winter House is supposed to be based on the skiing trip Kyle took with his family every year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

To be fair, there is some history behind Kyle being the number one guy. The original premise of Summer House was that Kyle arranged the house and invited his friends to share. Winter House is supposed to be based on the skiing trip Kyle took with his family every year.

It’s based on the trip he takes with 19 of his closest bros!  They drink so much you wouldn’t even believe it!  He’s the biggest craziest partier EVER don’t you know?? 

Kyke wishes he’s the number 1 guy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 11/26/2021 at 11:18 PM, heatherchandler said:

It’s based on the trip he takes with 19 of his closest bros!  They drink so much you wouldn’t even believe it!  He’s the biggest craziest partier EVER don’t you know?? 

Kyke wishes he’s the number 1 guy.

True. Look how he melted when Hannah called him "the man." Still, regardless of how much anyone likes or dislikes Kyle, the show really did set him up at the beginning as the guy in charge. That's how he has to play it and he does seem to enjoy the role.

• Love 1