Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: All I See Is You

Pallas
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I love Beth as a character. In real life, I’m sure I wouldn’t. I love when her claws come out, I love her vulnerable moments. 

She's a fun character to watch. In real life, she'd be good to have on your side. But I wouldn't want to cross her. I liked her little chat with the woman at the bar. When the guy told the woman he was going to the bathroom first and order him a beer, my husband said,"Whoa, that is not okay. We'd talk first, find out what drinks we want, each go to the bathroom and the first one finished orders." The whole thing made me laugh.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, MBayGal said:

Why sue John ? John told him to listen to the doctor and quit riding for good. That bitch Mia basically said if he wouldn't get on that rodeo horse he wasn't man enough for her.  That's why he's in the shape he's in.  He may be in worse shape after Travis made him take of the brace so it wouldn't scratch his crocodile leather seat, but that's not on John either. 

I truly hope that Jimmy stays at 6666 for the duration.  But I have a feeling he will be back after guesting on that show for the first episode or so.  With Jimmy gone, can they get rid of Mia too?  She (and the other barrel girls) add absolutely nothing to the show.

16 hours ago, madmax said:

Speaking of Beth, I'm a fan.  I wasn't in the beginning, but she's really grown on me.  Still a bitch on heels, but she's shown some softness, mostly because of Rip.  But her in the truck, explaining the 4 ways to become rich?  I laughed my ass off, then laughed even harder at Carter's response.  And her dealing with the nosy shopper was great.

13 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I love Beth as a character. In real life, I’m sure I wouldn’t. I love when her claws come out, I love her vulnerable moments. 

2 hours ago, Bali said:

She's a fun character to watch. In real life, she'd be good to have on your side. But I wouldn't want to cross her. I liked her little chat with the woman at the bar. When the guy told the woman he was going to the bathroom first and order him a beer, my husband said,"Whoa, that is not okay. We'd talk first, find out what drinks we want, each go to the bathroom and the first one finished orders." The whole thing made me laugh.

I like Beth too, she is very entertaining.  Very successful in her own right in M&A, but then still has her vulnerable moments like when she cried to Rip on their porch and asked him to marry her.  As for the bar exchange, I guess when I watched the scene the first time, I think maybe I missed that she needed to go to the bathroom too?  Because otherwise I would think there's nothing wrong with a husband telling his wife that he needs to go to the bathroom, can she order him a beer when she puts her order in.

I like especially that Beth makes Jamie practically pee his pants every time she talks to him.

• Love 3

Coming in almost a week late to speculate that the "unknown" prisoner who ordered the hit on the Duttons was a good buddy of Jamie's birth father. If he had managed to wipe out Kayce, Monica, Tate, Beth and John in one fell swoop (or one swell foop) then Jamie gets it all, while pretty much keeping his hands clean. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

Heh, those militia guys fcuked around and found out. You come for the Duttons you better make sure you finish the job.

Mia had a lot of nerve acting put out with Jimmy since she's a large part of the reason he ended up critically injured. Guess she'll have to find herself another sucker she can manipulate.

Was it me or did those horses they were stopping short have small legs relative to the size of their bodies?

No egos in Texas? Please, everything's bigger in Texas, especially the egos. I sure hope Sheridan was trying to be sarcastic.

"Cayman alligator" seats. Seriously? What, was the truck factory out of velvet that day? 🙄 Also, per the googles, an alligator and a caiman are similar but different things. So Travis' flex was doubly stupid.

Tate is hella messed up. He almost looked like he'd turned feral. Poor kid.

So now Beth has banished Carter to the barn. She has no legal entitlement to him and he's underaged. I think someone actually could get her and Rip in trouble for child abuse and neglect if they went about it in a better way than the Karen in the clothing store. I don't what the legal working age is in MT but surely you can't drop out of school at age 14 even if you do have a job.

Dutton taking that guy to the train station was hard to watch. I'm confident KC is handling the gun stuff with appropriate caution but still, seeing Dutton load and unload those guns before he shot the guy gave me a yucky feeling.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think someone actually could get her and Rip in trouble for child abuse and neglect if they went about it in a better way than the Karen in the clothing store. I don't what the legal working age is in MT but surely you can't drop out of school at age 14 even if you do have a job.

It's the Duttons, the law doesn't apply to them...

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Yep.  They can do whatever the hell they want.  By the way, I don't recall but was Rip formally adopted?  

1 hour ago, Moose135 said:

I don't think it was ever specified, I think they just took him in without any formal legal adoption.

Something in the back of my mind is saying the sheriff said something to the effect that there is no legal paper on Rip. Or it may have been John when gifting the house

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 11/19/2021 at 12:09 PM, blackwing said:

I truly hope that Jimmy stays at 6666 for the duration.  But I have a feeling he will be back after guesting on that show for the first episode or so.  With Jimmy gone, can they get rid of Mia too?  She (and the other barrel girls) add absolutely nothing to the show.

I like Beth too, she is very entertaining.  Very successful in her own right in M&A, but then still has her vulnerable moments like when she cried to Rip on their porch and asked him to marry her.  As for the bar exchange, I guess when I watched the scene the first time, I think maybe I missed that she needed to go to the bathroom too?  Because otherwise I would think there's nothing wrong with a husband telling his wife that he needs to go to the bathroom, can she order him a beer when she puts her order in.

I like especially that Beth makes Jamie practically pee his pants every time she talks to him.

Nope, she said she had to go to the bathroom and he no, I'm going first and order me a beer.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I’m in the minority I guess.  Carter is a 14 year old orphan.  He should be in school.  He should definitely not be living in a barn because he wanted a shirt and acted out a little over it.  Leave the store without it and whatever else you came to buy? Definitely.   Required apology? Yes.   
I’m supposed to be impressed that Beth and Rip are fostering a child? I am not. Do it right. 
Beths fear about Rip hating her later is because she never told him the reason she was barren- she aborted his child and never told him she was pregnant and isn’t  telling him now either.  

• Love 9
On 12/11/2021 at 9:55 PM, mythoughtis said:

I’m in the minority I guess.  Carter is a 14 year old orphan.  He should be in school.  He should definitely not be living in a barn because he wanted a shirt and acted out a little over it.  Leave the store without it and whatever else you came to buy? Definitely.   Required apology? Yes.   
I’m supposed to be impressed that Beth and Rip are fostering a child? I am not. Do it right. 

Thank you! I don't see the kid as a "brat" at all. The kid was being a kid. Even my annoyingly really good nephew's first instinct at that age was to go toward the fancy thing and ask for it even when he was told no. That's being a kid. And if your first instinct to ONE INSTANCE of that is to try to physically wrestle the kid out of the shirt, then stomp on a stranger's phone and threaten them (knowing Daddy will bail you out if they do anything in return), then kick the kid out of the house? Then yes. You would be a really crappy parent. Thank god mine weren't like that. Hey! I know, let's teach a kid not to be a brat by throwing a tantrum. Because that's great modeling. 

• Love 15
On 11/15/2021 at 5:23 PM, Crashcourse said:

For people who know about horses, does it affect their legs in any way when they stop so short like that?  What do they call that and why do people want to watch that?  

Teeter's growing on me.  Never thought I'd say that.

It absolutely affects their legs and it's terrible for them.  In the other episode in an earlier season where Taylor Sheridan is riding and they are doing the slides, you can see that the horses are lame out of the slides at least three times.  There are too many leg injuries to count that can result from slides.  For some reason they also breed quarter horses to have these tiny little peg feet and the smaller the feet, the more likely leg injuries are anyway.  Additionally, those horses typically wear rear slide shoes which are very dangerous for other horses if they are turned out as a group.

I have a AQH that was a former reining horse and she does have hock damage from her days as a reiner.  She has special corrective shoes now. :-(

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2

IS it just me (and my wife) or, exciting as this show is, do you find you keep needing to check both its credibility and your expectations at the door to enjoy it?

- Credibility: AS much as there is a huge financial 'greedhead' corporation (Market Equities) that really wants to build their airport & Park City-like ski resort adjacent to Dutton Ranch, the full-out terrorist-level attack, with mass AK-47 killings and bombs that destroy half a street, just doesn't wash. No corp. wants it that bad. That big of an attack would bring in law enforcement and deep investigations from city to  Federal level, and they know that. So they couldn't chance it. They're good at lawyering private owners to death and throwing ton of money at the politicians, but they don't authorize full-tilt terrorism attacks to build cash-cow towns.

- Credibility: AS above, where are those investigators. As we watch Beth & John heal from their massive burns & injuries, how come the only law enforcement deployed seems to be the local sheriff and the Livestock Commission? How come there isn't even a footnote about Beth's secretary who opened the bomb-package? Are we to assume she was simply vaporized? Looking at the mess out on the street after the bombing, wouldn't their be Federal-level FBI/DOJ/NSA-level investigations immediately commenced?

- Expectations: Given Roarke's apparent hand in the destruction, his demise was pretty meh. Why did Rip kill him? Was he certain Roarke was behind it? If so, why didn't he discuss what to do w/John? Wouldn't John have wanted to grill Roarke to get more who-dunnit before his demise? Wouldn't John have wouldn't to kill Roarke, slowly, himself? Why don't we see a scene where Rip tells John, "I know Roarke's behind this, do you want me to kill him?

And where is Willa Hayes? She was the one who told Roarke if he wanted to win he needed to move to Middle-East Def-con 5 level terrorism. Why is no one taking her for a long-train-ride?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 11/14/2021 at 9:43 PM, MzLiz said:

I was kind of sad that Beth gave up on the kid so quickly. Yes Rip was right. Though the kid ought to know to not to bite the hand that feeds him. But I liked the kid. The actor who plays him is quite a good actor. 

John took a big (stupid risk). He could have very easily died. 

Tate does need a doctor. But It’s been months since the events happened. I would have thought this scene would have happened much earlier. I like Kayce and did think he handled it right (unlike dropping that rancher in that grate which seems like will come back to bite him though I loved seeing him do it). 

That reveal was fairly unsatisfying though I didn’t think we’d get an answer this early. It seems like it can only be one person behind it.

I love this show. 

I’m definitely looking forward to the prequel. 1883. Sam Elliot and Tim McGraw…I’m in! 

These are terrible, horrible people. This is a kid who is troubled. His father is dead. God knows where his mother is and they just treat him like a slave like everybody else on that ranch. So it’s not surprising that they just tossed him away like garbage. No one gets help on this show and yes Tate and his mother both need therapy. But I can’t stand that Monica bitch so I don’t care if she gets it or not. Like so many other plot holes in the show where did her job go? And now that I found out that the actress is Chinese and not Native American I can’t stand her even more.
as far as the “flatlander” goes as someone said  upthread, it just irks me when people feel that way because lots of people are outsiders before they establish themselves in different places. Where I live, I am an outsider for 30+ years the people still feel like I don’t belong here. This man has every right to not want cattle stopping through his property, leaving shit everywhere. I guess it would be one thing if the guy cleaned up after them. But maybe all of this should’ve been talked about before he purchased the property,  with the real estate and the neighbor. But then again, all the real estate cares about is getting their money. I think maybe community counseling is in order . 
and just another unrealistic scenario with Casey putting him under  the crate and leaving him to possibly die because these people don’t give a shit and the writing on the show is out of this fucking world. 
I didn’t know you could write complete nonsense and become rich on it. Like whoever wrote this shit does.  of course I’m still watching.  
and even though those horses are dancing around and stopping short looks cool,  I am certain of that that is not safe for the horse in the long run. Animal abuse in the name of entertainment but that’s what the rodeo is too. 

Edited by chediavolo
  • Like 1
On 12/19/2021 at 6:26 AM, I-Kare said:

Thank you! I don't see the kid as a "brat" at all. The kid was being a kid. Even my annoyingly really good nephew's first instinct at that age was to go toward the fancy thing and ask for it even when he was told no. That's being a kid. And if your first instinct to ONE INSTANCE of that is to try to physically wrestle the kid out of the shirt, then stomp on a stranger's phone and threaten them (knowing Daddy will bail you out if they do anything in return), then kick the kid out of the house? Then yes. You would be a really crappy parent. Thank god mine weren't like that. Hey! I know, let's teach a kid not to be a brat by throwing a tantrum. Because that's great modeling. 

Beth especially, has no business fostering anyone. She has no manners, no patience, and disrespects almost everyone she interacts with - certainly no role model! She also almost always gets away with it, too. Any other person would get charged or sued for breaking someone's property and manhandling a kid that isn't even hers. 

• Like 5