Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Speculation

(edited)

Possible Spoilers below

Season 2 has apparently started filming.

All the ladies are back except Andrea and there are two new rumored Housewives.

Meanwhile filming of the second series got underway in Melbourne this week, with some significant cast changes.

Confidential has had confirmed that Liberty Belle’s Andrea Moss is out, and there will be some new additions including art consultant Gamble Breaux and designer Lisa Tonkin, who is expected to be a secondary character.

Once source said that the current Housewives — Gina Liano, Lydia Schiavello, Janet Roach, Chyka Keebaugh and Jackie Gillies — have been kept in the dark with some of the changes so they are surprised on camera.

Although they were all contracted for three series, it is no surprise that Moss won’t be back, as she had an unhappy experience on the show last year.

Sources said she has not wanted to be part of a second series for a long time.

As for the new cast members, Tonkin has her own lifestyle and design brand called I Am Lisa T.

Source

Lisa's the same friend who appeared on Episode 8(?) as Lydia's friend aka another possible person against Gina.

Edited by Mya Stone

Based on the photo Gamble is giving me an older version of Amanda who I still actively dislike for contributing to the decline of RHOVancouver. I hope I'm proven wrong.

I get the impression that Miami is done (unless they're given a break like NYC) so it would be nice if they aired Melbourne's second season in real time in the States instead.  

Gina, Jackie and Janet from a few days ago. It may be more suited for a RHOMelbourne in the Media thread. 

Is there any way we can change the subject title here (from maybe Speculation to Discussion/Spoilers) so we don't have to post with spoiler tags since the Season 2 cast has been officially revealed? 

Edited by quetzal

Last night on WWHL, Andy said that Alex and Simon (RHNY) are moving/have moved to Australia.  Crossover?  

Probably not, as I would have thought she's in the doghouse with her incessant dissection of shows and the whole process as a former cast member, but it was interesting that he brought it up.  

Edited by kassa
  • Love 1

I've been reading some interesting reports from the cast about the dynamics between them while filming Season 2. With the "promise" of more drama I hope it doesn't go the way of Vancouver.  Filming for Season 2 has reportedly ended.

I assume the specific episode threads are created as shows air in the U.S. but hopefully it won't be a problem having one thread to discuss Season 2 when it airs in Australia in 2015.

I've been reading some interesting reports from the cast about the dynamics between them while filming Season 2. With the "promise" of more drama I hope it doesn't go the way of Vancouver. Filming for Season 2 has reportedly ended.

I assume the specific episode threads are created as shows air in the U.S. but hopefully it won't be a problem having one thread to discuss Season 2 when it airs in Australia in 2015.

The article.says while.the drama is the same as I'm season 1, they move on much quicker....thank god if true.

The new bios can be found here 

I was shocked to discover that Pettifleur is 50! She looks great. I'm curious to hear more of her story.

Gamble, on the other end of the spectrum, I pre-dislike. It's not often that I have a strongly negative opinion of a Housewife before they really say a word but my intuition was right about Andrea so we'll see.

• Love 1

Well, that was quick!

Season 2 Opening

Tag Lines:

Gina Liano
I deal in fact, not friction.

Lydia Schiavello
I love tradition, but I’m no traditional housewife.

Janet Roach
Some people have ups and downs - I have rollercoaster rides.

Jackie Gillies
Make light of me all you want, but I’m still going to shine!

Chyka Keebaugh
Style is an attitude, not something you can buy.

Gamble Breaux
Gamble on me and you’re sure to win.

Pettifleur Berenger
This little flower is no shrinking violet.

Edited by quetzal
  • Love 2

I just spent a week with some Aussies, they never even heard of the Real Housewives of Melbourne!  I clued them in to what a train wreck it is to watch and threw out some of the names of the women, they never heard of any of them or their husbands but were familiar with Silver chair to which they said that band had been long over with. Maybe RHOM does not interest their homeland.

• Love 1

I love the real housewifes of Melbourne. But think the women are haters and very bitter. I love Gina and Chiyka they are real and there own person the rest I can't bear there bitter sour people that clearly hate on Gina. Xx love u G& C. Xxxx

I love the real housewifes of Melbourne. But think the women are haters and very bitter. I love Gina and Chiyka they are real and there own person the rest I can't bear there bitter sour people that clearly hate on Gina. Xx love u G& C. Xxxx

• Love 1
technorebel, on 31 Dec 2014 - 10:43 PM, said:

So we'll have to wait until next summer to see the next season here in the USA?  Bummer.

Is this true?!  I have Feb 22 marked on my calendar like a good reality tv nerd would....  Will it be televised over here in the summer?!

Edited by stcroix

Is this true?!  I have Feb 22 marked on my calendar like a good reality tv nerd would....  Will it be televised over here in the summer?!

It starts February 22 on Arena tv in Australia.  On the show's facebook page, they say that Bravo hasn't confirmed any plans in regard to the second season.

• Love 1

Lydia & Jackie's dresses are just awful.  Ugly dresses that do not look good on either lady.

Totally agree. That cutout whatever Jackie has on makes her a lot heavier than we know that she is.

I was curious to see how this season was doing in the U.S. since I don't see much promotion on Bravo. Here are the ratings to date:

3/05 – 534,000 viewers
3/12 – 458,000
3/19 – 411,000   
3/26 – 399,000

4/02 – 312,000

Yikes. The only commercials I've seen for the show are those general ones, but nothing highlighting what will happen from episode to episode like they do for the U.S. HW shows, if that makes sense. I know Thursdays have been long abandoned in terms of decent viewership on Bravo but do you think this season not taking off in terms of interesting things happening is a contributing factor to the declining viewership? 

• Love 1

I was curious to see how this season was doing in the U.S. since I don't see much promotion on Bravo. Here are the ratings to date:

3/05 – 534,000 viewers

3/12 – 458,000

3/19 – 411,000

3/26 – 399,000

4/02 – 312,000

Yikes. The only commercials I've seen for the show are those general ones, but nothing highlighting what will happen from episode to episode like they do for the U.S. HW shows, if that makes sense. I know Thursdays have been long abandoned in terms of decent viewership on Bravo but do you think this season not taking off in terms of interesting things happening is a contributing factor to the declining viewership?

Funny, I was just thinking about this and was wondering if anyone else had an opinion. I do believe it's because the show is dreadfully boring and contrived. The viewership is steadily declining.

I watch most of the RH shows (starting with OG OC ep 1!) and my biggest complaint is the need for constant drama. I always think there's a nice balance between catching a glimpse into their lives and a little conflict. Melbourne is boring because the drama seems so fake and lame, the events are contrived (Janet's Bday party "drama"-really?) and the conversations are soooo stilted! It's like they are acting (badly), trying to pretend it's real. And they know they need to be dramatic.

I don't know. I found the show interesting last year because it's another country, another culture, but this is so blah.

• Love 2

I don't know. I found the show interesting last year because it's another country, another culture, but this is so blah.

I loved last season as well.  It was actually my favorite Season of a franchise last year, but this season...it's lost its thunder...from down under...sorry, had to do it...

• Love 2