Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Oh, M.G.

Evan and Ray hold a grand opening for their joint venture while Hank fears he is losing his sense of smell and prepares for a trip to New York with Charlotte. Elsewhere, a talented nail artist seeks medical treatment, and Emma is on the wrong side of Dr. Oz.

The episode isn't even over yet but I am so ENRAGED by Divya's behavior I want to spit! Poor Jeremiah's face as he learned why Viviana backed off. At least he found out right away and it didn't take three episodes to learn.

ETA post episode: I *may have stood up and cheered when Jeremiah kicked her out.

Emma can go anytime. (But Cinco can stay! maybe he can be long lost camp friends with Tucker and bring him back!)

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 4

I *may have stood up and cheered when Jeremiah kicked her out.

You, me, and thousands across the land!

And Divya is shocked! Shocked! that Jeremiah finally has had enough of her "friendship" and demands that she leave the premises.

Of all the tried-and-discarded love interests for Hank over the years, Charlotte is the only one that seems like a comfortable match with some chemistry. Now how can the writers mess it up with manufactured angst and peril?

Annoyance number 1: the stupid text pop-ups between Emma and the mysterious Oz. Don't care and this isn't VH1 or MTV. And predictably, now Emma is screwing HankMed over.

Annoyance 2: Divya's over-interest in Jeremiah's relationship with Viviana and her subsequent meddling. Mind your own damn business, Divya! Glad she fessed up to Jeremiah and that Jeremiah kicked her out.

LOL at Evan staying up until 1am to watch NCIS. That was a little meta.

I like Charlotte. She seems nice and I like that she's a smart, independent business woman.

What happened to the perfume guy? I feel like his storyline was just dropped, which is unusual for this show. Is he going to get better? I liked him!

Ugh, Divya.  What a presumptuous dope!  I really want to slap her upside her head for making poor Jeremiah cry!  I love that he's gotten more of a spine this season, and him kicking her to the curb was a long time coming.  Of course, this show being, well, this show, I'm sure they'll reconcile by next episode.  But, I really, really hope they don't 'go there' with Divya and Jeremiah, because they are among the least-suited people for each other on TV (or heck, even in the real world) that I've ever seen.

Emma continues to act with her lips.

I like Charlotte and Hank, but who goes into eye surgery wearing full, dramatic eye makeup?  It took me out of the show for a minute.

Did I miss something? Divya goes to see Vivianna, is not impressed, threatens her, and leaves convinced Vivianna is using Jeremiah. She should have been happy when Jeremiah tells her that Vivianne won't see him anymore. But instead she tells Jeremiah what she did and apologizes profusely. When did Divya decide Vivianna was on the side of the angels after all?

• Love 1

I can only assume she told him because Jeremiah was so upset about. She certainly wasn't prasising Viviana when she did it.

As for the nail artist, you're right, GussieK, I don't think they ever showed us what happened to her either! That's unusual for this show, as they're pretty good about following up with patients (for the viewers).

I can only assume she told him because Jeremiah was so upset about. She certainly wasn't prasising Viviana when she did it.

As for the nail artist, you're right, GussieK, I don't think they ever showed us what happened to her either! That's unusual for this show, as they're pretty good about following up with patients (for the viewers).

Thanks, Catray.  This show has just gone off the rails.  i couldn't watch the last two episodes.  Last night was mildly interesting, but I was reading a book at the same time.

This felt like a two-part episode because so many things were left unsettled. My guess is that the mysteries of the perfume guy and the nail artist will continue in the next episode. And that Hank will also be dealing with the aftermath of being in the tabloid. 

I hope they redeem Divya's character as she was amazing in the first two seasons. She used to be my favorite. 

• Love 1
The episode isn't even over yet but I am so ENRAGED by Divya's behavior I want to spit!

I'm assuming TPTBs think they are writing Divya as this wonderful, caring person, but wow what a terrible terrible person. Plus, her dialogue is terrible. That's not the actor's fault of course, and it's hard to do anything interesting with it. How I think they're playing it and how I'm seeing it are diametrically opposed. 

"Do you think Jeremiah will find someone?" Because he's not a typical, alpha male, so of course he's destined to be lonely. Never mind that he's a thoughtful, well respected *doctor* ffs. Also, you're 12. Adults don't do that. *Friends* don't do that, lady. Go fry the bacon you brought to your new home in your own pan. 

The stuff about Evan and Paige being "old" is manageable for me because they aren't arguing over nothing and running to the therapist. 

But Emma can go anytime. This CW boy crazy crap feels like another show. The screen texting works on Sherlock because it's presented as an illustration of his thought process and how his mind works. This is just stupid. 

I really don't think that a gossip blog is going to give HankMed bad publicity. You know why? Because they're adults. Evan calls up a lawyer and they sue the blog. End of story. I like how they played the "doom" music. Of course, adult CFO Evan will be in hibernation next week and rather than simply suing will freak out like a teen girl and they'll be in therapy again. 

But, I really, really hope they don't 'go there' with Divya and Jeremiah, because they are among the least-suited people for each other on TV (or heck, even in the real world) that I've ever seen.

Oh, you know they're endgame. Because zomg my soul mate was standing right here in front of me all this time and I didn't even realize it. You know that will be actual dialogue at some point. 

The problem is, "caring" Divya is going to probably go back down to the bar to apologize-not-apologize to Viv because she Cares So Much and They've Both Been Through A Lot. Which is just further meddling on her part. 

This show is like TV Mad Libs, I swear. 

Edited by ganesh

Oh, you know they're endgame. Because zomg my soul mate was standing right here in front of me all this time and I didn't even realize it. You know that will be actual dialogue at some point.

You're undoubtedly right, and it's so maddening.

The writers never once explained Jeremiah's original infatuation with Divya. She was merely friendly and competent in his line of work and that was apparently enough to enchant him. Last season, Divya was changed from oblivious to flat-out opportunistic. Her need to lean on Jeremiah and take advantage of his good will was greater than any concern that perhaps she was being cruel to push herself and her brat on someone who loved her in a way she could not reciprocate.

The fact is, we've never seen Jeremiah have any *fun* with Divya. Yet she has the gall to judge that he's being taken advantage of by a hot Latina that he's excited to see and whose company he actually enjoys. Jeremiah has fun with Vivianna. She, in turn, is sweet and genuinely appreciative of Jeremiah.

How refreshing it would be if the writers let Divya stew and make Jeremiah's endgame be a happily-ever-after with Vivianna.

• Love 1

Divya and Hank noticed bruising/bleeding under the nails which led him to suspect a blood clot that was about to give her a stroke. (This led to the right side of her face sagging.) He increased her blood pressure in order to shift the clot which allowed her face to return to normal and her vision to return. They were then going to follow up with medication. I believe the cough was connected somehow to the clot.

Usually there's a final follow up with the patient of the week to make sure they're all better. That wasn't the case here, though it seems like they solved her condition.

The writers never once explained Jeremiah's original infatuation with Divya. She was merely friendly and competent in his line of work and that was apparently enough to enchant him.

It's completely disingenuous and actually violates show canon. Jeremiah got along great with the pop star and it was certainly played to be a mutual attraction. It's not like women aren't attracted to him. I don't think that he lacks self-confidence; he just not the type of guy who walks into a room and throws his dick on the table. He's nice to Divya, but she took a hell of a lot more out of that friendship. 

• Love 2

I guess with so much going on, there wasn't a follow up but it did show that the perfume guy who had myasthenia gravis, and the nail lady who had a stroke from endocarditis (vegetations on the valve that can break off and lead to a stroke) were getting treatment for their conditions.

Emma continues to be stupid. Pouting because someone didn't text you back, then sending the pic to Oz? Cinco is too good for her.

I like Hank and Charlotte, so of course it's not going to end well.

Divya is a selfish bitch. I'm so glad Jeremiah is kicking her out. Talk about someone who is taking advantage of him- look in the mirror! Of course she's acting like this because she's falling in love with him but doesn't know it yet. Oh, show. Can't you think of something more original?

• Love 1

If this show had any balls, they'd pull out the huge treacly monologue with Divya "With you, Jeremiah, I know I can Have It All. I can't believe I was searching the world for love and I found love Right Here In Front Of Me." And then have him be like, "I'm flattered, but I don't feel that way about you." And then she'd swoon and faint and hit her head on something and get amnesia.

• Love 1

I hate Divya. So glad Jerimiah finally kicked her out, I don't know why she was still living there to begin with. Her house has to be fixed by now. She has been free-loading and taking advantage of him for so long and then now she ruined his relationship she knew nothing about. Then she acts shocked he wants her gone? I guess by end of season she takes off to South America or wherever Rafi's mother is.

I like Cinco, he seems like a better person than Emma. 

Edited by Artsda

I like Cinco, he seems like a better person than Emma. 

I wonder if there will be any fallout about Emma sending Cinco's picture to Oz or whatever the vulture calls himself. That was stupid and spiteful, and I was surprised Emma wasn't shitting herself over it when it turned out that she'd let her insecurity and wounded pride fuck things up for no reason at all. Just as Jeremiah tossing Divya out was satisfying, I hope Cinco finds out and delivers some kind of smackdown to Emma. Schadenfreude, anyone?

Emma kind of looked like she was virtually shitting herself when Evan showed her the picture because the camera panned up to her and she made a face like she was holding in a huge fart.

Plus, they have Ray. I'm sure he knows how to take care of this Oz business. 

Emma kind of looked like she was virtually shitting herself when Evan showed her the picture because the camera panned up to her and she made a face like she was holding in a huge fart.

Plus, they have Ray. I'm sure he knows how to take care of this Oz business. 

Heh. Excellent imagery. And Ray or his minion(s) squishing the bottom-feeder Oz? I'd pay to see that.

• Love 1

I like Charlotte and Hank, but who goes into eye surgery wearing full, dramatic eye makeup?  It took me out of the show for a minute.

Ha! I thought the exact same thing. They could have given her makeup that was a bit more subtle for the scene.

I really don't think that a gossip blog is going to give HankMed bad publicity. You know why? Because they're adults. Evan calls up a lawyer and they sue the blog. End of story. I like how they played the "doom" music. Of course, adult CFO Evan will be in hibernation next week and rather than simply suing will freak out like a teen girl and they'll be in therapy again. 

If the show were logical, it would be a matter of whose lawyers would be suing the site first: Cinco's or HankMed's - as the site is profiting off the namesake of HankMed and is violating the confidentiality of Cinco

I hope Jeremiah stabs Divya to death with an icepick while she is sleeping. Maybe if he does it in front of her child, the rugrat will grow up the be the Dexter of the Hamptons. That would be a hell of a spin-off.

How refreshing it would be if the writers let Divya stew and make Jeremiah's endgame be a happily-ever-after with Vivianna.

Except that just a couple of episodes ago Vivianna had no interest in Jeremiah until she saw his nice car and found out he was a doctor.

• Love 1

I didn't even think of Cinco's family suing. Of course they would because it seems the dad is super into their family's reputation. Maybe that's how they will reveal Oz and how he got the picture. 

The main point though that some gossip rag isn't going to suddenly undo HankMed's near six years of business and goodwill they've cultivated in the area. "Are you giving drugs to kids?" "No." "Oh, ok."

But....but...but....Divya SAW Jeremiah giving Viviana money!....So of course she's taking advantage of him, because St. Divya could not possibly be wrong about anything.  Obviously since giving birth, she's developed the most amazing superpowers of just knowing everything about everything and everyone!  *bitch*

There's something strange about Charlotte to me.  No idea what, but I'm suspicious. 

As for Emma, I can only say *Ugh*.  Can somebody make those long, lank curls all those girls are wearing be DONE?  Please? 

Honestly, that whole thing was super contrived. For one, Divya being in the exact same place to see it. For the other, who just gives money on a date? They were clearly having a good time. I can buy Jeremiah, "I insist I pay you back because I asked you out." "Well, why don't we get a bite to eat and a couple of drinks and call it even?" 

I kind of feel bad for the actor because she's got drivel to work with, but on the other hand, she's delivering the lines so smug. I wonder if they realize that's how she's coming off, or if she's being directed to do it. I tend to think not and they think she's delivering the lines straight. But ugh.