Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Crab-boiling Over

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

Straight up Maryland girl here.

In all of my (many) years, we have never had a crab boil( ??). Crab feast - YES! One does not eat crabs on a tablecloth, dressed to the fucking nines in high heels and a purse by our side. 

It seems they had their "Eastern Shore, Maryland" trip in St. Michaels which is a cute town on the bay. Round these parts, it is not called The Chesapeake. It's called, St. Michaels. 

I did not like the house they stayed in at all. Looked cold and unwelcoming. I also do not blame Gizelle and Robin for being angry they didn't have a bathroom. No way would I want to go creeping around that house with G and his disgusting tongue lurking nearby.  

Yes, why did it seem like they had never heard of a crab feast or St. Michaels?

That rental house was fugly.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

The crab boil did look good.  I prefer shrimp to crab. Crab legs are a lot of work for the little amount of meat you get out of them. And very messy. Wouldn't want to wear designer clothes like these ladies.

When they went outside I noticed how dressed down Gizelle was compared to everyone else.  I realized she was in the best position to really enjoy her food. She wouldn't have cared if a lil bit of butter got on them jeans. She could pull and twist and lick and suck out that crab meat to her heart's content without worrying about silk or sequins getting messed up.

• Love 11
On 10/26/2021 at 12:06 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

.shouldn’t there have been holes put in to keep them alive? 

At one point they did zoom in on the box and there were 2 holes punched into the side.

Karen also said on WWHL that the butterflies had to be "stored" at a cool temperature so the butterflies were not dead, they were "sleeping" Sure thing...

• LOL 5
13 minutes ago, Arynm said:

At one point they did zoom in on the box and there were 2 holes punched into the side.

Karen also said on WWHL that the butterflies had to be "stored" at a cool temperature so the butterflies were not dead, they were "sleeping" Sure thing...

And they kept right on “sleeping”

• LOL 10
On 10/26/2021 at 2:45 PM, Fig Newton said:

Straight up Maryland girl here.

In all of my (many) years, we have never had a crab boil( ??). Crab feast - YES! One does not eat crabs on a tablecloth, dressed to the fucking nines in high heels and a purse by our side. 

It seems they had their "Eastern Shore, Maryland" trip in St. Michaels which is a cute town on the bay. Round these parts, it is not called The Chesapeake. It's called, St. Michaels. 

I did not like the house they stayed in at all. Looked cold and unwelcoming. I also do not blame Gizelle and Robin for being angry they didn't have a bathroom. No way would I want to go creeping around that house with G and his disgusting tongue lurking nearby.  

Yes to all!!!!! 

• LOL 1

The invitations reminded me of a finale in Ru Paul’s Drag Race. One of the contestants was going to have a big reveal-she had butterflies in globes on her chest. But when she pulled off the globes and the butterflies were supposed to soar free—they fell to the stage, just dead.

• LOL 3

Wendy needs to stop with her mother. You can't go around and parade with your 4 degrees then blame your parents for making you have them. If you really had a passion + determination, you would have done what you wanted and not what your parents wanted. It's not like all African kids are doctors, engineers or lawyers.

I am from Cameroon and used to blame my father for pushing me to a field I didn't really want. However, the truth is, I really didn't like anything. I didn't know what to do.

Edited by JoSafe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 10/25/2021 at 1:17 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Karen also did a whole schlocky balloon release for her departed parents, that makes me crazy, balloons are so bad for our eco system, water, animals, shit gets caught in trees on people's property, I really don't like that. 

Same. These dumbass howives can always be depended upon to drag out some 1980's rube-ass nitwittery.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, JoSafe said:

Wendy needs to stop with her mother. You can't go around and parade with your 4 degrees thenn blame your parents for making you have them. If you really had a passion + determination, you would have done what you wanted and not what your parents wanted. It's not like all African kids are doctors, engineers or lawyers.

I am from Cameroon and used to blame my father for pushing me to a field I didn't really want. However, the truth is, I really didn't like anything. I didn't know what to do.

Thank you Thank you Thank you. Dr. Dumb Dumb is a fame-whoring nitwit. If her passion were writing a novel or becoming an artist, I may have some sympathy, but hawking some cheap-ass candles that will likely end up at Ollies? There are people who ARE passionate about teaching and researching in their field. If you want to fame-whore and shill candles, get out of the way, so a committed professional can have your job, Idiot.

• Love 7
On 10/25/2021 at 7:33 AM, Maximona said:

[snip]

Also, why isn't PETA picketing Karen?  Putting living creatures in an airtight box?  That is so fuckin' cruel.

I admit that I haven't yet seen the episode. Did she really have boxes packed and delivered with live butterflies inside? And then they died in transit?  The "butterfly in a box" invitation is straight outta the film "Bridesmaids". I was horrified then even though I knew there would be a "no butterflies were harmed..." notice in the credits. Karen clearly did not understand that those butterflies were inserted 2 seconds before the box was opened with cameras rolling. Who fulfilled that order for her?

• Love 3
On 10/25/2021 at 10:19 AM, Mr. Miner said:

$45 for Wendy's single wick candle. No Thanks! 

A few months ago I visited a high-end resort and from one of their (typically over-priced) shops there I bought a (single-wick!) candle in a lovely glass holder because it smelled truly great and would be a nice reminder of my trip.

The price: $22. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2