Type keyword(s) to search

S41.E05:The Strategist or the Loyalist LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

The 3 members of Ua compete in the immunity challenge to try to avoid shrinking further. Friendships are put to the test when castaways from different tribes take a journey together.

Original airdate 10/20/21

This is your LIVE CHAT thread. 

UA is excited to just be there day 10.

Genie is way too comfortable.  Seriously Genie, you are going to tell Ricard and Shan you found the idol and decide together what to do with it?  In the spirit of the season, what kind of hocus pocus is Shan and Ricard playing on everyone in their tribe?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Time for my weekly "I hate Ricard".  So, Shan realizes that Genie will realize Shan took the idol, because Shan has to utter the phase at the next challenge, right?

Oh wait Ricard has a plan for that.  

I don't know if I want UA to lose and Genie to go home because she's terrible at this game, or if I want them to win just because I want Genie to figure out their betrayal and screw them down the road.

• Love 2

I was cheering for Genie, but she sacrificed an advantage in the game for feeling like she belongs to the group.

Actually if I didn't dislike Ricard and Shan I would like them for this strategy.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Shan and Ricard are truly evil.

They really are terrible people.  Ricard especially has such an arrogant smirk permanently etched on his face I wish someone at the challenge would accidentally throw something at it.

Oh look, Deshawn and Danny want to throw the challenge again.  Since Naseer ruined their plans last time, they ask him his thoughts.  Naseer actually thinks the guys want to work with him.  My head is spinning so bad at all these bad moves being thrown out there. 

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Bleh, Sydney being such a Pick Me girl.

And bleh on Danny's whole "THE GUYS ARE DROPPING LIKE FLIES! WE MEN NEED TO TEAM UP!"

Goddamnit, Danny, I liked you last week!

If Sydney and Evvie make the merge, Sydney will totally screw Evvie's plans for an all girl alliance.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Controlling the game? Dude you're on a tribe of 3 people because ya'll asses keep losing immunity challenges. I will be shocked if Shan and Ricard make it far if they make it to merge because I feel like they're the type to overplay because they're so in love with their "cleverness". And that's the kind of mindset that makes someone make dumb moves that backfire. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8

Should I be scared that Tiffany seems to be playing the smartest game right now?  

Probst on his weekly campaign to get people to apply to the show: Underwater fishing and getting caught in a lie.  This could be you!

• Love 2

Oh oh, Tiffany has mistaken conclusions about Evvie. Tiffany and Liana want Xander out. Now Xander and Evvie want Tiffany out. Now Liana and Tiffany could vote out Xander as Evvie is only one vote and Xander can't vote.

• Love 1

Didn't Evvie tell Tiffany and Liana about the idol and his advantage like five minutes after Xander found it? And how the idol worked. That's why they were going to vote him out but Tiffany refused. Why are they acting surprised by what's in his bag?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, KaveDweller said:

Didn't Evvie tell Tiffany and Liana about the idol and his advantage like five minutes after Xander found it? And how the idol worked. That's why they were going to vote him out but Tiffany refused. Why are they acting surprised by what's in his bag?

I don't know, I thought they knew, too. Unless this segment was filmed five days or so before Day 10.

1 minute ago, KaveDweller said:

I thought I remembered that happening. But now I can't remember if Evvie told them about what exactly the note said.

But still. 

HOLY SHIT.

YES, NASEER, YES.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

That's what I thought.  And I thought she told them everything, including that he couldn't vote until the idol was activated.  And about the extra vote.  So I'm all sorts of confused why they were in the dark.

I agree that Evvie is probably going to regret keeping Tiffany around.  She's actually playing a good game and playing for her own best interests, so I have to give her that.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

It's pretty bad when Tiffany looks like the brainy one. 

I wish they'd merge. I'm tired of just seeing all the annoying advantage play, and "the vessel with the pestle has the pellet with the poison; the flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true" worked in The Court Jester but it's effing asinine here. I want to see real Survivor!

• Love 4

If Deshawn was serious about throwing the IC, he should have kept Heather in.  Not to pick on her, but maybe she'd choke like she did in the RC last week.  

2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

it's been awhile since i despised anyone on this show as much as i do shan and ricard.

They are snakes.

I just hate that Shan's all about being sneaky and making up a stupid hum to her deceit, but then has all this emotional conflict when putting a plan into action.  Ricard was cold hearted in tricking Genie about the idol.  If UA loses and Genie goes, I hope there's no merge next week and Shan and Ricard get seperated.  I want to see them sweat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Well, nice knowing you Genie.  I won't feel too bad if she goes because she royally screwed herself.

I don't know. I could see Ricard getting a big head and deciding that his big move is to get Shan out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know. I could see Ricard getting a big head and deciding that his big move is to get Shan out.

Apparently Shan thinks the big talk back at camp between Ricard and Genie will be to blindside her.  I mean, it will but it will likely just be empty promises on Ricard's end. 

I want to lose Ricard, more than ever after tonight, but I'd be okay if Shan went.  However, unless Ricard or Shan does something to tick off the other, I think Genie is gone.  And Ricard will sit at TC with that smirk on his face like he's king, and Shan will feel all emotional.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I want to lose Ricard, more than ever after tonight, but I'd be okay if Shan went.  However, unless Ricard or Shan does something to tick off the other, I think Genie is gone.

I prefer Shan to Ricard (again, true female villains who do well doesn't happen very often) but I don't see a scenario where Ricard leaves tonight. Not unless Shan gets wind of Ricard trying to turn the vote on her and her switching her votes to Ricard last minute.

• Love 3

So Shan just said she thinks it's an advantage to play with two women of color (she's at that island with Liana).  So does this mean she's going to keep Genie?

Liana decides to spill all.  So does Shan.  And it sounds like she might stick with Ricard.

They both say they'll see each other at the merge, so maybe they know it's happening soon?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I will say, this moment with Shan and Liana is actually very sweet.

I mean...I find it hard to see Shan eliminated tonight with this edit of her...it feels too early. With Shan's edit so far, it seems like she's a lock for jury, but maybe an early juror. So her going tonight would be shocking.

Oh, nice! Liana gets a new advantage! 

• Love 2

This advantage seems kind of crappy and useless considering Liana was allowed to go through Xander's bag and find out he had an advantage and now knows he has an idol.  And that Shan has one, not that she will likely betray her.  So she doesn't even have to take a chance on wasting it.

I have a feeling Evvie is going to really regret keeping the girls around once the merge comes.  Not just Tiffany, but Liana too.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

So after not being able to vote for multiple tribal councils, the game has now basically given Liana an advantage to literally just take Xander's idol. Yeah I don't know how I'm feeling about all these "twists". Seem less gameplay and just random shit being thrown in. 

• Love 6

I didn't quite get Liana's advantage. She has to ask someone if they have the idol, and if she asks the right person she gets the idol? And if it's the wrong person? Although since she was digging in Xander's bag she knows he has the idol. 

4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

So after not being able to vote for multiple tribal councils, the game has now basically given Liana an advantage to literally just take Xander's idol. Yeah I don't know how I'm feeling about all these "twists". Seem less gameplay and just random shit being thrown in. 

Yeah, this is why I'm not crazy about this advantage.  It doesn't seem fair that she was able to go through his stuff (which I don't think should be allowed anyway) and already know he's the one to ask.  There's no risk here.  

I'm wondering why Tiffany and Liana are so down on Xander.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
Just now, Lamb18 said:

I didn't quite get Liana's advantage. She has to ask someone if they have the idol, and if she asks the right person she gets the idol? And if it's the wrong person? Although since she was digging in Xander's bag she knows he has the idol. 

She can only ask one person one of the two questions once. If they answer yes, she gets their idol or advantage. If they answer no, she gets nothing.

Liana is fine, though, because she knows Xander has an idol and she also now knows Shan has an idol and an extra vote.

• Love 1