Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Vermont, Switzerland and Connecticut

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Wow!  No one has posted?  For some reason, my DVR recording started this in the middle, so I watched it from the foot rub until the end - and then the beginning.  🙄

You all called it on Gina buying the senior facility.  

• Love 1

That was not the same actress playing Adriana. Rosa Salazar played her last season, and this was Michelle Ortiz. I assume it doesn't matter since the character is probably gone for good now and they only needed to tie up that loose end.

What is the dog's name again? I can't remember. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That was not the same actress playing Adriana. Rosa Salazar played her last season, and this was Michelle Ortiz. I assume it doesn't matter since the character is probably gone for good now and they only needed to tie up that loose end.

Thank you for mentioning Adriana was played by another actress! I was wondering why she looked so different.

The dog's name is Cannoli.

• Useful 1
55 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Cannoli

I know someone who had to give up her cats when her husband had a transplant. I thought it was a thing, no pets after transplants. Is it not a thing?

Eli is a moron. If you have money problems, be grateful you have a partner who doesn't. The ego crap is really irritating.

But I still like him more than I like Drew.

Gina I like more than either of them, though. She deserves better.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I know someone who had to give up her cats when her husband had a transplant. I thought it was a thing, no pets after transplants. Is it not a thing?

Eli is a moron. If you have money problems, be grateful you have a partner who doesn't. The ego crap is really irritating.

But I still like him more than I like Drew.

Gina I like more than either of them, though. She deserves better.

Some man get really riled up when the woman in their lives has more money than them. It's the male ego/provider thing, I guess.

And yes, Gina deserves better. She's my favorite character. If the show focused solely on her and the nursing home, I'd like it more. I'm just afraid it's going to delve into will they or won't they when it comes to Drew and  Gina hooking up. Yuck. No thank you.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

Thank you for mentioning Adriana was played by another actress! I was wondering why she looked so different.

The dog's name is Cannoli.

Was it a different Cannoli, too? I thought this one looked a lot whiter than last season's.

2 hours ago, possibilities said:

Was it a bone marrow transplant or an organ transplant? BMT totally wrecks your immune system in ways that solid organ transplants don't. 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, eel21788 said:

Was it a bone marrow transplant or an organ transplant? BMT totally wrecks your immune system in ways that solid organ transplants don't. 

Organ. Heart, IIRC.

Wait... It might have been a kidney. He died of a heart attack several years later, completely unexpectedly. I forget which organ he had received earlier.

Edited by possibilities

I decided to do a little research. Apparently it's highly recommended not to adopt a pet, and to seriously consider giving up any you have, but it's not necessarily mandated in all cases. 

I read a few different articles, outlining the risks, which everyone seems to agree are real. And if you have pets, or even come into contact with any, you are supposed to take precautions in how you interact with them. But it doesn't look like it's absolutely required to get rid of a pet, it's more like "pets increase your infection risk a lot and could increase your risk of transplant failure"

It's interesting because, in other situations, pets are supposed to have positive health effects.

Here's one of the more general articles I found, which includes a section on pets.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/12/091218094639.htm

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 10/22/2021 at 2:25 PM, possibilities said:

know someone who had to give up her cats when her husband had a transplant. I thought it was a thing, no pets after transplants. Is it not a thing?

I think the main thing is to not get an infection. Assuming your dog is not vicious, a cat is much more likely to scratch or bite you while just playing (or just because they're in a bad mood, I love cats but they're moody little buggers).  My mom had a mastectomy and had to be really careful to not let our cat scratch her.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:33 PM, chitowngirl said:

Male ego aside-Eli had no business planning a Vermont  getaway when he knew he has no money

I was actually questioning that when Gina said they were going. We knew he was having serious money problems last season.  But, I guess realistically it probably is hard to adjust.

• Love 2
On 10/23/2021 at 5:33 PM, chitowngirl said:

Male ego aside-Eli had no business planning a Vermont  getaway when he knew he has no money

He thought he could at least fit it in under the limit on his credit card.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

My mom had a mastectomy and had to be really careful to not let our cat scratch her.

She most likely had some/a lot of lymph nodes removed. That would be why they wanted her to avoid cat scratches, especially to her arms. The danger is both of infection and lymphedema.

On 10/22/2021 at 7:38 PM, Sigmagirl said:

I have a friend who had a heart transplant five years ago and she has had rabbits and guinea pigs all along. Does it matter what kind of pets, or what kind of organ?

Different organs require different levels of immunosuppression to avoid rejection. A heart usually requires a higher level of immunosuppression than a kidney would. A combined heart and lung transplant would need even more. Then, there is also variation as to the recipient's natural immune system and how closely matched the donor organ was. Immunosuppressants have to be titrated for proper effect. It isn't a standard dose that works for everyone. Then, you can still have break-through rejections even after your meds have been working well. 

The type of pet does matter, too. Aquarium pets are often carriers of salmonella and pseudomonas, which would mean it wouldn't be a good idea to handle turtles or iguanas or such. Birds can also transmit salmonella or Chylamydia psittaci, and other stuff through their droppings, so let someone else clean the bird cage.

• Useful 4
On 10/22/2021 at 12:33 PM, Blakeston said:

I was pretty revolted by watching Drew moon over Gina in front of a delightful, lovely woman who's way too good for him.

I generally try not to comment on people's looks but the actor that plays Drew is creepy looking and making him some sex object is just making me more creeped out by him. Also, I don't know why Adrianna (and Drew) both acted like it was only Drew's decision (Drew acted the same way when he was talking to the guy from the dialysis clinic) and what Gina wants is irrelevant. Gina has never once given the impression that she has any feelings other than friendship for Drew.  I hate this whole storyline.  It's stupid and did I mention - creepy?!

Edited by I Want My MBTV
wrong name used
  • Love 6
On 10/25/2021 at 7:23 PM, I Want My MBTV said:

Also, I don't know why Gina (and Drew) both acted like it was only Drew's decision (Drew acted the same way when he was talking to the guy from the dialysis clinic) and what Gina wants is irrelevant. Gina has never once given the impression that she has any feelings other than friendship for Drew. 

How can Gina be acting like it's only Drew's decision when she doesn't even know he likes her? It is only Drew's decision if he wants to tell her about his feelings.  I mean, how could it be anyone else's?  And then it is only Gina's decision in how she reacts to that.  

I'm not saying that Drew has done nothing wrong.  Trying to manipulate Eli into breaking up with Gina and having sex with Ari when he has feelings for Gina.  But, as far as anything happening between him and Gina, right now, that ball is in his court.  Because he's the only that has any feelings to declare.

On 10/24/2021 at 9:00 PM, ams1001 said:

If I immediately recognized their Magic Spoon cereal box does that mean I watch too much YouTube? (I swear they sponsor every channel I watch.)

I've been buying Magic Spoon for over a year and don't really spend time on YouTube.  LOL!

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Pristine said:

I've been buying Magic Spoon for over a year and don't really spend time on YouTube.  LOL!

One of the channels I watch did a video where he bought all of the stuff in his ads. He wasn’t a fan of the cereal.

• Love 1