Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Let the Chips Fall

• Start Topic

As Grissom and Sara close in on who framed Hodges, the CSI team investigates a lock room murder mystery at 30,000 feet, when a cargo plane lands autonomously at McCarran Airport and everyone on board has been killed.

Good epi and liked the case though it did seem obvious that baby sitter was the culprit.

Nice to see Park again.

Enough with the personal love story drama nonsense.  Let the show stand on it's own before trying to hook everyone and his mom up.  Although I do like Yancey Arias but still.

Folsom showed some personality this epi and wasn't his usual pet rock self.  I can't determine if Allie is more annoying or less than Lucy from The Rookie re: their love lives but they need to both stop it.

Based on the promos it was obvious the doctor was just a lackey.  But yes, I'm sure Grissom and Sarah know better than to go by the guy's watch and also based on whatever it was that Grissom found on the wall.

• Love 4

How did the dead dad turn on autopilot without getting blood in the cockpit?

Grissom at the body farm was funny. I thought of that Dirty Jobs episode. But why did the head of it alert the bad guy if he didn't like him?

11 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Grissom at the body farm was funny. I thought of that Dirty Jobs episode. But why did the head of it alert the bad guy if he didn't like him?

Either body farm guy is in on it (doesn't seem likely, but this is CSI), or he wasn't the one that told the suspect.  Meaning that Gil and Sara are being watched.  Which I'm sure they suspect.

And great call-back to the early days of CSI.  Grissom loved the body farm then too.  He even took up Texas Hold-Em in order to finance his own personal body farm.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Then why was Folsom saying the guy was a hero for keeping the plane from crashing into a populated area?

I also thought that the guy turned on the autopilot; if it was already on, why did the plane turn upside down when the pilots were attacked?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Then why was Folsom saying the guy was a hero for keeping the plane from crashing into a populated area?

Plot hole? This is the same magical world where DNA results come back within hours lol. 

• LOL 1

I liked this episode a lot. It felt closer to the old show than the previous eps had so far. The airplane storyline was well done.

When Grissom and Sara's suspect went out of his way to "press the flesh" I believed, at first, that he was attempting to grab their prints somehow. Something about the way he gripped the hands. But Grissom probably would have noticed...

My only issue with the show remains the same one I had during the first episode: the show feels so empty. The CSI floor used to be jumping. It's so quiet and feels like only seven people work there now. There used to be cops running around (Brass practically lived there), various shifts coming and going, prick antagonists like Ecklie roaming the halls starting trouble .... For instance, I didn't much care about Louise Lombard's character, but she had her place, ya know? They need more bodies/activity for it to feel like a real place.

Budget constraints? Hopefully enough of us will watch so that next year this can be remedied.

Edited by eXiled
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, eXiled said:

My only issue with the show remains the same one I had during the first episode: the show feels so empty. The CSI floor used to be jumping. It's so quiet and feels like only seven people work there now. There used to be cops running around (Brass practically lived there), various shifts coming and going, prick antagonists like Ecklie roaming the halls starting trouble .... For instance, I didn't much care about Louise Lombard's character, but she had her place, ya know? They need more bodies/activity for it to feel like a real place.

Budget constraints? Hopefully enough of us will watch so that next year this can be remedied.

I am thinking more on set COVID protocols, extras come cheap. However the lack of lab the rats probably does have a secondary budgetary effect.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Raja said:

I am thinking more on set COVID protocols, extras come cheap. However the lack of lab the rats probably does have a secondary budgetary effect.

Ooh, this makes sense! I have to remember that we've not returned to normal. I hope you're right and that soon the CSI floor will be bustling with activity again.

Edited by eXiled
On 11/5/2021 at 3:41 AM, MrPissyPuppy said:

I'm not gonna believe it's that guy's body just because of a watch (prominently shown several times) and some shoes.   Just sayin'

Ditto, it's not him.

On 11/7/2021 at 1:27 AM, eXiled said:

This is my complaint too. I'm sure COVID-19 protocols have something to do with it, plus the big salaries to have both Jorja and William on board. My husband pointed this out to me when Folsom practically played assistant coroner taking out organs and sawing bones, etc. Doc Robbins would have gone mad. 

This is also probably the reason why they can't go back to the old format just yet - with 2 or even 3 (when Max is involved) CSIs go to one crime scene, you cannot have another crime scene anymore. I miss the old CSI where they're doing a lot of cases simultaneously. 

And the lack of detectives stand out. I mean, even if Captain Brass was the only regular in the old CSI - I know Louise Lombard was also a regular but only for a fleeting moment - there were a lot of other recurring detectives such as Vartann, Vega, etc. 

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying this series.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

This is my complaint too. I'm sure COVID-19 protocols have something to do with it, plus the big salaries to have both Jorja and William on board. My husband pointed this out to me when Folsom practically played assistant coroner taking out organs and sawing bones, etc. Doc Robbins would have gone mad. 

This is also probably the reason why they can't go back to the old format just yet - with 2 or even 3 (when Max is involved) CSIs go to one crime scene, you cannot have another crime scene anymore. I miss the old CSI where they're doing a lot of cases simultaneously. 

And the lack of detectives stand out. I mean, even if Captain Brass was the only regular in the old CSI - I know Louise Lombard was also a regular but only for a fleeting moment - there were a lot of other recurring detectives such as Vartann, Vega, etc. 

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying this series.

I think COVID is holding them back quite a bit. I imagine as soon as protocols life, if there is a s2, we will see Penny and Chris upgraded to series regulars and it start to feel more like the old CSI.