Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: The Good, The Bad, And The Lovely

• Start Topic

Airing October 14, 2021:

Stabler discovers Flutura's true role in the family business. Bell asks a favor from Kilbride to move her case forward. Bernadette and Eli adjust to their new living situation.

• Useful 1

This was an engaging, fast paced episode that I liked, but the Stabler family drama really gets on my nerves.

I am liking the case still and it was intense watching everything unfold at the party with the elitist dirtbags and how they rescued the girls. I am still suspicious of Kilbride the Congressman, I wouldn’t be shocked if he turned out to be sleazy, but this was an entertaining episode.

Fin!! It was awesome to see him play a role and assist in the case, after he was MIA on SVU tonight.

But I can’t stand the drama with Stabler’s kids, they drove me nuts on SVU and they drive me nuts now, they really drag down the show, and it still seems like Stabler neglects his family for his job. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

This was an engaging, fast paced episode that I liked, but the Stabler family drama really gets on my nerves.

I am liking the case still and it was intense watching everything unfold at the party with the elitist dirtbags and how they rescued the girls. I am still suspicious of Kilbride the Congressman, I wouldn’t be shocked if he turned out to be sleazy, but this was an entertaining episode.

Fin!! It was awesome to see him play a role and assist in the case, after he was MIA on SVU tonight.

But I can’t stand the drama with Stabler’s kids, they drove me nuts on SVU and they drive me nuts now, they really drag down the show, and it still seems like Stabler neglects his family for his job. 

I think it was determined that the congressman is sleazy. He knew his name would be in the black book and Bell agreed to leave him out of it. 

• Love 3

I am really hooked on this show.  For once, it made sense that SVU was involved, although they didn't need to be.  I just wish the shows were more separated, but I know that's never going to happen.  I like the premise of an ongoing case that lasts a whole season instead of the oversimplified, done in an episode cases.  Stabler's home life doesn't bother me.  Since he has so much history in the L&O world, it seems to work better than Noah drama.  Wonder if Flutura suspects "Eddie."  She's no dummy and just as involved as her hubby.  She could have hit on him because she's playing him.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I think it was determined that the congressman is sleazy. He knew his name would be in the black book and Bell agreed to leave him out of it.

Actually, I took it as "if I (congressman) accept the invitation, my name will be in the book (since those who attend go into the book, not that my name is already in the book). I'd rather not" Bell, in turn, said she'd make sure it wasn't, since he would be, in a sense, working for the police at the time. 

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure the congressman is bent.

That being said, I sort of/kind of watched this since I could care less about Benson.

I'd be stunned if Elliot didn't get burned next week for being the mole/new guy.

Don't really care about the family drama but it'll be interesting to see how or if it affects Elliot's absentee dad status after all this time.

• Love 3

I loved the end with Liv telling him to come home before he goes too far into Eddie Wagner. I text with a friend during the show and we've been saying for weeks that Elliot is getting too wrapped up in this new persona.

• Love 2

I am so sick of Olivia popping up on this show, whether SVU was needed or not. I'm not here for fuzzy schmoopiness with Stabler and Benson. If Wolf wanted a new L&O show with the Organized Crime angle, he could have had a new detective character be the lead and kept the show its own entity.

Instead, it just seems like a constant adjunct to SVU, and that show has its good years long in the rear view mirror, IMO. This show is only on Season 2. Way to chain it to the dying counterpart.

• Love 6

I like this show and the organized crime unit, but being undercover is so obviously toxic to Elliot that I'm ready to move onto the next story now, where he gets to be a cop. I prefer him in cop mode (like when he helped the waitress) to when he's pretending to be mob muscle. 

I did like to see the reminder of his SVU instincts. He fought for victims of sexual violence and abuse for a long time, and logically it would be somewhat hardwired into him. 

I like Bell a lot. I want her to get away from the politician, though. He doesn't have her best interests at heart. 

I knew Eli took those pills - he was too defensive. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

A sergeant and a captain on stakeout duty. How real is that?

• LOL 3

What’s with Elliot’s obsession in saving Rita? He could jeopardise the whole operation and blow his cover, sloppy! He should let SVU do the rescuing. And what happened to Amelia? Has Elliot forgotten about her because he was busy rescuing Rita and Flutura?

Not interested in Eli’s story. Oh god, please don’t bring Olivia to straighten him up or mother him or whatever, I cannot take it anymore! 😫

• Love 2

For the most part I liked this episode. I am not a fan of tying this show so closely to SVU. However, this was an actual reasonable tie-in episode. Having Olivia and Fin there worked considering the trafficked women. I feel like it may be time for Eddie Wagner to disappear though. I think he is going to be in serious trouble when he returns to the gang in the morning.

I kind of wish they didn't go this route with Eli, just because I don't want to see him inevitably get busted for dealing/using with his friend. I would rather not have Stabler's kids take up that much screentime, but this does make sense. Stabler has thrown himself into his work, and pretty much let his other kids look after Eli. Not to mention he has just lost his mother. Of course, he's getting into trouble. Stabler should have listened to his Mother earlier.

• Love 3
On 10/14/2021 at 11:11 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I wonder if useless Kathleen has been checking on Bernadette's cats.  Of course Eli is into drugs.

• LOL 2
13 hours ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

Stabler should have listened to his Mother earlier.

Well, that was the both clever and particularly awful aspect of who Eli was stealing from - she's not an easily reliable source because she's not stable and she often gets confused (thinking Olivia was Elliot's wife in an earlier episode instead of Kathy, etc). I don't know that Eli is doing it primarily BECAUSE she won't be believed, rather than she is simply the one with the pills that he has access to, but he doesn't seem to care about that side effect right now. Stealing medication from your vulnerable grandmother with mental disorders and some form of dementia is extra gross for several reasons, including this one.

• Love 8