Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Zaffy

My Life Is Murder

1407436492_MyLifeisMurder_Keyart.thumb.jpg.bada0c493721e4619ff46ade7ffbf48a.jpg

Anyone here watches this "feel good" crime mystery series with Lucy Lawless?
It is a charming little show,  it doesn't reinvent the genre, but it is very pleasant and offers nice scenery and a different location than the usual crime shows who dominate our TV sets (1st season was shoot in Australia, 2nd in New Zealand - due to Covid I guess).
Mysteries also getting improved after a few episodes.
And Lucy is great, she is the whole show actually.
Oh, and in 2nd season there will be a reunion with "Gabrielle"!

• Like 3

We watched the first season on DVD I borrowed from my library and really enjoyed it. A big plus is the cat for us cat lovers! lol! It really is a cute show.... nothing fancy or over dark, just entertaining. I also thought as it went on it got better. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

We watched the first season on DVD I borrowed from my library and really enjoyed it. A big plus is the cat for us cat lovers! lol! It really is a cute show.... nothing fancy or over dark, just entertaining. I also thought as it went on it got better. 

Mild spoiler, there is also a cat in season 2, although not the same, since the show has moved to NZ.
Lucy Lawless wanted to use her own cat but at the end they brought another feline actor for the role.

Edited by Zaffy
  • Surprise 1

13 hours ago, Zaffy said:

Mild spoiler, there is also a cat in season 2, although not the same, since the show has moved to NZ.
Lucy Lawless wanted to use her own cat but at the end they brought another feline actor for the role.

My husband was not happy to hear that! 

• Surprise 1

Really like the back and forth with Alexis and Madison. Scenery in Auckland this year is very good. Enjoyed Melbourne last year too.

• Like 3

The star of this show is Lucy’s coats…I love them!  I did a search and they actually sell them, “My Life Is Murder Alexa Crowe Trench Coat”.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I really like the show. It's fun and entertaining. My only problem with it is the fact that the character is named Alexa! My Alexa gets very confused.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

This is one of the more cheerful, relaxing shows that I put on. 

• Like 2

Today's episode was very cheerful at the end with the dancing. 

• Like 5

On 10/11/2021 at 2:27 PM, geekgirl921 said:

I really like the show. It's fun and entertaining. My only problem with it is the fact that the character is named Alexa! My Alexa gets very confused.

The other problem is she’s the only person on TV using the same phone ringtone as me. Gives me a start several times each episode. 

i’ve seen a few first season episodes via downloads from my public library. A bit disappointed I can’t see the NZ ones yet.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, EyewatchTV211 said:

Guessing you didn't watch the Lord of the Rings movies. Those made me want to visit NZ. 

I saw them but it was all green fields and hills and stuff, outdoorsy hiking. I’m not into that. 

• Laugh 1

Didn't realize that there is a separate thread for this show. I really enjoy it - although I found that they improved as time went on. I really like the Madison and Alexa mentorship - which keeps growing. I also like that it is not gory or very heavy. I watch enough of those kinds of mysteries.