Type keyword(s) to search

The Nate And Jeremiah Home Project - General Discussion

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, carrps said:

Yeah, I was thinking the antique cabinet could have been cool in a bedroom or closet to store hats or purses.

I figured they would paint it and repurpose it, much like they've done with other cabinets.  I happen to love traditional oak furniture, but that would also get the side-eye from most decorators!  I've tried to update certain pieces that blend with the oak pieces that I have, so it's not all one color/stain.  

• Like 1

I want to know what actually happened to those deer heads.  I don't remember if the house had a basement.  The husband really didn't want to give them up.

The bathroom opening into the kitchen seemed strange.  Powder room - OK.  Full bath - No.

I keep getting distracted by Jeremiah's unkempt, greasy-looking hair.  

• Like 4
On 3/30/2023 at 12:55 PM, ChitChat said:

I noticed that they had a mini-split unit, which was moved into the dining room.  The vents will turn slightly, so hopefully it will heat/cool the living & dining areas just fine. 

Besides the DR area, they also had a mini-split unit  in the kitchen as well

5 hours ago, mlp said:

I want to know what actually happened to those deer heads.  I don't remember if the house had a basement.  The husband really didn't want to give them up.

The bathroom opening into the kitchen seemed strange.  Powder room - OK.  Full bath - No.

They may have gone into the sunroom off the LR they never showed

• Like 1
(edited)
On 3/30/2023 at 11:28 AM, RoxiP said:

I'm just shocked they put the bathroom door facing the kitchen...why couldn't it face one of the other rooms (I think there was a wall that faced the dining room).  Just not my choice for sure.  Glad they got a 1st floor bathroom (and a second full bathroom) but who is going to do the run of shame down the stairs to take the shower?

Some older homes don't leave you much of a choice - it goes where it fits. And plenty of homes were built with half baths or bathrooms off the kitchen - it's where the plumbing was and considered fancy to have a first floor bathroom.

As for showering, you do that super early or very late and bring a robe. If your little brother won't get out of the bathroom because he's perfecting his hair the first floor bathroom is suddenly a very attractive option. 

On 3/30/2023 at 11:28 AM, RoxiP said:

I'm just shocked they put the bathroom door facing the kitchen...why couldn't it face one of the other rooms (I think there was a wall that faced the dining room).  Just not my choice for sure.  Glad they got a 1st floor bathroom (and a second full bathroom) but who is going to do the run of shame down the stairs to take the shower?

Edited by quirkygal
triple posted same reply
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, mlp said:

I get that it was the only place for it, but I would find it a pain to have to go downstairs to bathe. Still better than none!

• Like 1

I keep forgetting to mention the neon sign! All Jeremiah's kvetching about it and how he wanted a tasteful "soft white." Man, this sign came from a bar is some small town in Pennsylvania...not the West Village. The colors were exactly what I'd have expected.

Also, I watched The Limey again yesterday, and there was a scene in a crummy pool hall. I nudged my sister and said "Look!" There was a neon Budweiser sign on the wall that was the same exact colors as the Charley's sign.

• Like 3
On 3/31/2023 at 6:43 PM, mlp said:

He badly needs a haircut, new "do", or something.  Distracted by that and occasionally the length of his trousers.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

They did have a basement because they said they had a half bath in the basement and a full bath upstairs but no bathroom on the main floor. 

In my mind the dear's heads are now adorning the walls of the basement.

The family had two daughters - they shower all the time at any given hour of the day...LOL!  But maybe dad can use the downstairs bathroom and the girls will take over the second floor one.

• Like 2

I really wish they had kept that awesome 1970s flower wallpaper that was in the kitchen before the renovation.  I know it wouldn't work with the reno plans, but I'll admit I liked it! 

• Like 3

The Indian couple was adorable. So grateful for everything. 

I was underwhelmed with the kitchen. The island could have been better.  I suppose they could only do so much with the budget they had to work with. 

I wonder what N & J charge for their services? 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

The Indian couple was adorable. So grateful for everything. 

They did not like the salmon colored paint in the entryway, you could tell. Even at the final reveal, they were being quietly polite about it.

That house had a really weird layout. That front room is basically a white elephant room. All their time will be spent in the upper family room. And the kitchen is still really tiny.

I noticed that the new french doors in the kitchen were covered up with some kind of blue paper. I wonder what was outside that they couldn't show.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I wonder what N & J charge for their services? 

I don't know if they work together outside the show.  Some Googling indicates Nate has had his own design firm with a partner named Lauren Buxbaum Gordon for a couple of decades.  Jeremiah also appears to have his own firm.  I'm sure both are very expensive if you want to retain them to redo your home.    

The spice cabinet was another debacle - $800 for that? Plus marble countertops that stain for a couple that uses lots of spices. Good job.

While I liked the music room's color, I hate no contrasting trim, I'm sorry. I really also didn't like that salmon color either. I did like the upper room.

How was stringing that wire saving the old bannister? I thought they were trying to save that cool iron shape in the middle.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

They did not like the salmon colored paint in the entryway, you could tell. Even at the final reveal, they were being quietly polite about it.

I didn't like it either.  Maybe if there had been some contrasting color with the trim I would've liked it better, but probably not!  In most cases I'm not a fan of the monochromatic look.  There are exceptions.  I liked the reno done on the upstairs more than I did the downstairs.   I loved the painting with the inscription on it.  That was a nice touch.

• Like 1

The Indian couple were lovely but I didn't like what Nate and Jeremiah did to the house.  All that blue and one totally empty wall - no.  The wife clearly did not care for the salmon paint color but the guys thought they knew better and went with it anyway.  She still didn't like it.  

That spice cabinet they were so proud of was hung way away from the counter where the cook would be working.  It also opened in the wrong direction for the room.  It looked nice but it wasn't practical where it was.

At least they didn't paint the piano.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I really wish they had kept that awesome 1970s flower wallpaper that was in the kitchen before the renovation.  I know it wouldn't work with the reno plans, but I'll admit I liked it! 

That brought back memories for me.  We had a similar orange/green/yellow floral pattern in our kitchen too!  I found a piece of it in an old trinket/cedar box of mine that I had packed away.  I lined the little box with it way back in the day!  Needless to say, I will hold on to that little scrap of wallpaper forever!

2 minutes ago, mlp said:

The wife clearly did not care for the salmon paint color but the guys thought they knew better and went with it anyway. 

Nathan even pointed out that Jeremiah isn't that bold with color in their own house.  Jeremiah doesn't mind experimenting with it in other people's homes! He usually comments on how pretty a color is, without realizing that yes, it's pretty, but it might not be suitable for a particular space.  

3 minutes ago, mlp said:

That spice cabinet they were so proud of was hung way away from the counter where the cook would be working.

I liked that spice cabinet.  I didn't pay attention that it was so expensive!  I don't think it will be a problem for them to walk over and take a jar out of it though.  It would be like going to the pantry to get something.  I agree about the direction it opened though being backwards. 

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I noticed that the new french doors in the kitchen were covered up with some kind of blue paper. I wonder what was outside that they couldn't show

I watched this after I read your comment.  I tried to focus on that, but it was hard to tell what it was.   It didn't look like anything was covering it from the kitchen side of the window.  I thought it might be the kind of window with built-in blinds, but it didn't look like blinds.  It almost looked like a built-in shade, but I don't know how you'd operate that!  It's a mystery. 

59 minutes ago, mlp said:

The wife clearly did not care for the salmon paint color but the guys thought they knew better and went with it anyway.  She still didn't like it.  

I feel that since the couple are paying all this they should have asked N & J to change the salmon color. If they are too sweet to object then if it was me I would be at Home Depot buying paint color I liked and change that color myself! 

About 15 yrs ago I decided to paint our master bathroom that salmon color. My husband hated it then and hates that color still. He still jokes about it! I kept it for several years until I was so sick of it I changed it to a grey/blue. Live and Learn!🤣

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I kept it for several years until I was so sick of it I changed it to a grey/blue. 

I once painted a bedroom a very dark green.  I saw it in a magazine and thought it was pretty.  I got tired of it quickly too.  It might've been okay as an accent wall, but it made an already small room even smaller.  Anything other than neutral colors and some bluish grays are out of my comfort zone!!

• Like 1

It didn't look like anything was covering it from the kitchen side of the window.  I thought it might be the kind of window with built-in blinds, but it didn't look like blinds.  It almost looked like a built-in shade, but I don't know how you'd operate that!  It's a mystery. 

It was either some kind of blue paper taped up on the outside of the doors, or some sort of CGI blocking the windows in post-production. There must have been something out on the deck they didn't want to show. I can't imagine what it would be, unless it was just a complete mess or there was camera equipment or something.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I liked that spice cabinet.  I didn't pay attention that it was so expensive!  I don't think it will be a problem for them to walk over and take a jar out of it though.  It would be like going to the pantry to get something.

I don't know.  Indian dishes use a lot of spices and I don't think you could carry more than two of those cute little jars at once so you'd be walking back and forth several times then more times again to put them all back.  I'll bet the cabinet ended up being a display piece and the spices they use regularly ended up back on the counter somewhere.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, mlp said:

I'll bet the cabinet ended up being a display piece and the spices they use regularly ended up back on the counter somewhere.

Yes, I think that would be nice.  They need a pretty big cabinet in order to store the rest of those spices!!  I couldn't handle the clutter of having all of those spice bottles all over the countertop!! 

• Like 2
(edited)

Spices should be kept away from light and heat. So away from the stove is fine, but behind a glass door? I don't think those jars were tinted, but that would have been helpful. $800! because it was antique and something and French! Guys, I love watching you and your work, but c'mon with this place.

Nate and Jer keep saying they get to know the people so that they can make each home perfect for them. SHE HATED THAT COLOR. So, uh, read the room. Jeremiah's moment of saying he liked playing with color but not in his house was my least favorite moment with him ever. Usually, their "themes" are modern Euro or some generic such. Spices? Oy.

Also, Nate's story about the bookshelves shifted from they got overstripped to they were too far gone and couldn't be saved, but we tried! Sigh.

Mazel tov, couple! She's barely showing so plenty of time to repaint.

Edited by buttersister
typo
  • Like 3

I didn't like the color in the entryway either and I wouldn't have kept that wallpaper..  I would have asked to extend the kitchen out where they put the dining table if the layout had allowed for it.  Did they ever say whether those tiles did contain asbestos?  

I would have at least flipped the cabinet so that the door opened into the kitchen.

3 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Did they ever say whether those tiles did contain asbestos?  

If they did, I missed it!  I guess that's a case of erring on the side of caution and replacing the tiles no matter what.  I saw an episode of Fixer Upper once where they were removing asbestos and they were in full hazmat suits, and I think there was a sign on the front door alerting people.  Chip was very cautious and explained the seriousness of removing it correctly.   I think these guys just had N95 type of masks on.  Maybe it didn't have it after all.  

7 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

If they did, I missed it!  I guess that's a case of erring on the side of caution and replacing the tiles no matter what.  I saw an episode of Fixer Upper once where they were removing asbestos and they were in full hazmat suits, and I think there was a sign on the front door alerting people.  Chip was very cautious and explained the seriousness of removing it correctly.   I think these guys just had N95 type of masks on.  Maybe it didn't have it after all.  

They were in full hazmat on This Old House, too, one of the houses from last season. 

On 4/6/2023 at 9:57 AM, txhorns79 said:

eremiah also appears to have his own firm.  I'm sure both are very expensive if you want to retain them to redo your home.    

I just found out that Jeremiah has a shop here in L.A. Not my taste, so I'll probably never go.

On 4/6/2023 at 8:15 AM, bichonblitz said:

I was underwhelmed with the kitchen.

Yeah, it was unrelievedly boring.

I also loved Jeremiah asking for Sushil's guitar -- to do something special with. And they just plunk it on a stand on the floor hidden by the piano? And their "special" painting was also hidden.  I thought they were going to put the guitar in the display niche on the bookcase wall.

On 4/6/2023 at 12:36 PM, ChitChat said:
On 4/6/2023 at 8:27 AM, iMonrey said:

I noticed that the new french doors in the kitchen were covered up with some kind of blue paper. I wonder what was outside that they couldn't show

I watched this after I read your comment.  I tried to focus on that, but it was hard to tell what it was.   It didn't look like anything was covering it from the kitchen side of the window.  I thought it might be the kind of window with built-in blinds, but it didn't look like blinds.  It almost looked like a built-in shade, but I don't know how you'd operate that!  It's a mystery. 

I assume they had some of their TV filming equipment out there and didn't want to have to move it. Just block the glass, and you can't see it.

• Like 6

I don't always agree with their choices, but I never thought my reaction to one of their projects would be sadness.

There was zero, zip, nada energy in the front hall and music room. 

For the homeowners' sake, I hope it looks better in real life than in reel life.

• Like 5
On 4/7/2023 at 7:30 PM, carrps said:

I also loved Jeremiah asking for Sushil's guitar -- to do something special with. And they just plunk it on a stand on the floor hidden by the piano?

I don't follow either of them on social media and I don't know if they discuss the show anywhere, but WTF was that about? Either something they had planned didn't arrive or I don't even know.

• Like 4

Unless the show itself helps the owners pay for some of the reno, most of them would probably be better off financially by consulting with a designer for ideas, then sub-contracting out the work themselves.  I just don't think that some of these folks are getting $100,000+ worth of work done on these remodels.  Of course, building materials have gone up a lot, so between that and the cost of labor, maybe your money doesn't go very far these days in terms of home remodeling.  I know that kitchens can be quite expensive to redo.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
14 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Unless the show itself helps the owners pay for some of the reno, most of them would probably be better off financially by consulting with a designer for ideas, then sub-contracting out the work themselves.  I just don't think that some of these folks are getting $100,000+ worth of work done on these remodels.  Of course, building materials have gone up a lot, so between that and the cost of labor, maybe your money doesn't go very far these days in terms of home remodeling.  I know that kitchens can be quite expensive to redo.  

My problem with this show (and many others of its ilk) is that they always choose very expensive finishes and (especially) appliances that don't give you bang for your buck. There are a lot of perfectly good (and often really great) options that aren't at the tippy top of the price range. Also, you can find lots of cool vintage stuff in secondhand shops that don't have those antique store price tags.

Love It or List it was especially bad at this. Hilary would buy top of the line appliances, marble countertops, and then tell the homeowners she couldn't do one of their "requirements" for the remodel, when cutting back on some finishes would save a ton of money.

I would love a La Cornue range, but if that blew my entire budget, what's the point?

• Like 6
8 hours ago, carrps said:

that blew my entire budget, what's the point

We worked with a well-regarded local designer on a building project with a reasonable budget. When I noticed that he'd put really nice lights in a non-public room and proposed reusing lights in a more public room, I called BS and flipped them.

I understood they wanted the showier room (by design standards) to photograph well as a portfolio piece, but, uh-uh. N & J and Hilary are pretty much thinking the same with a much larger audience🤨.

• Like 1

The house is located in Forest Hills, NY, Elliot and Gordon are the couple.

I really dislike the bedroom wall paper in N & J's place.   Also, I don't see why they put the marble mantle top on a wall mount.   I hated the staircase bottom, it looked unfinished.  

I'm guessing that since Elliot and Gordon know what N & J's design style is, that they'll love the finished remodel, and that's the important thing.  

(The people I remember getting rid of vintage tile, was on Fix My Flip, and the tiles were not only worth thousands, but were a very desirable vintage detail that buyers would pay extra to keep.  Big mistake by them). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3

Oh I agree about the wallpaper in N&J's bedroom, and was not a huge fan of it in this couple's dining room but at least they toned it down a bit.  Wasn't exactly sure why the mantle was put in the dining room either - and it wasn't shown during the reveal was it?  Perhaps it didn't have the impact that Nate and Jeremiah thought it would have.

I also wasn't a fan of the tile that they put in the sunroom - I honestly thought the colors were unattractive and that it would show lots of dirt, especially if the couple follows through with their plans to have a family.  That whole room seemed like a wasted opportunity.

No comment about the kitchen cabinets because that was obviously tailored to the couples' tastes (although IMO they looked like they belonged in a house owned by a vampire).  The marble was beautiful in the kitchen though.

I agree that the tile on the original fireplace was not attractive but I would have at least liked to see if they had researched it before they covered it up - I will never forget watching one show where people got rid of some tile that was original to the house and it turned out that it was worth a lot of money and if they had removed it carefully they could have sold it.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

Oh I agree about the wallpaper in N&J's bedroom, and was not a huge fan of it in this couple's dining room but at least they toned it down a bit. 

I think they've used that wallpaper (or something similar) in other renovations we've seen.  That with the dark curtains made the dining room too dark.  

13 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

No comment about the kitchen cabinets because that was obviously tailored to the couples' tastes (although IMO they looked like they belonged in a house owned by a vampire). 

While I can appreciate what it took for those guys to do the finish on those cabinets, it's definitely not my style!  Again, it's just too dark for me, but I think it is more suited for the male clientele.  

17 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

I agree that the tile on the original fireplace was not attractive but I would have at least liked to see if they had researched it before they covered it up - I will never forget watching one show where people got rid of some tile that was original to the house and it turned out that it was worth a lot of money and if they had removed it carefully they could have sold it.

Yes!! I was waiting for them to uncover some great story behind the tiles.  I hope that they kept them and researched them later on.  Could be though that the contractor looked them over and knew if they were valuable or not.  I thought that N&J would've saved some of the tiles and made some kind of display with them.  

I loved the house though.  I'm glad they didn't paint over all of the beautiful woodwork.  Opening up the kitchen allowed more light to stream in, so that was nice.  The sunroom was underwhelming though.  It didn't have enough 'oomph'! 

I'm glad that the owners got rid of most of their original furniture.  They needed a fresh start.  I liked it when Nate said that he gives us all permission to get rid of hand-me-down/inherited furniture that we don't like!  We are not obligated to keep something that isn't our style.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really dislike the bedroom wall paper in N & J's place.

It looks like dirty walls to me. Awful! 

The house is located in Forest Hills, NY,

Forest Hills is in Queens. I was confused why they said they were still technically   in the city until I looked it up. Beautiful neighborhood. 

• Like 2

I'm guessing that since Elliot and Gordon know what N & J's design style is, that they'll love the finished remodel, and that's the important thing.  

I thought this was a strange episode and it made me wonder if N&J knew this couple from somewhere. It just didn't seem like the usual project. This couple bought their dream home, it looked like a fairy tale cottage on the outside and was in perfectly good shape on the inside. It basically just needed redecorating. Maybe N&J just liked the house.

Also, did Elliot and Gordon ever mention wanting kids? N&J kept bringing it up but I don't remember E&G ever saying anything about it. It seemed like N&J were trying to use that as an excuse to do the house, "for when they have kids!" even though the couple had no intention of ever having them.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
20 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Also, did Elliot and Gordon ever mention wanting kids?

I went back and rewatched the beginning.  Here's what the guys said about kids: "It (the house) wouldn't suit a family if we were to have children in the future."

I'll be the dissenter - I loved them keeping the woodwork dark and repainting but that was about it. I cannot figure out how you actually use cabinets with no handles and Venetian plaster finish. I did not like those benches in the sunroom - yes, I'll look out at the view...backwards?  What was wrong with the tiles that were there? What was wrong with the fireplace tile?

I did like that they saved the dining room table for a desk although that desk chair didn't work. I watch eleventy billion desk set up YT videos but apparently no HGTV designer does or uses a computer ever.

• Like 1

I also had the thought that N&J might have previously known the homeowners.  I also agree with Nate's statement about getting rid of stuff or refusing stuff you don't have (something I apparently have not been good at since right now I have a storage unit with all my furniture and most of my possessions in it because a lot of them were family hand-me-downs - no way would that fit in my RV!).

I couldn't believe Jeremiah even brought up painting the woodwork - that would have been a travesty.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, ML89 said:

What was wrong with the fireplace tile?

I don't think any of the guys liked it.  I was hoping they'd find another use for it, but I'm sure it was too difficult to remove the tiles without breaking them.  I didn't like what they replaced it with.  

41 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

I couldn't believe Jeremiah even brought up painting the woodwork - that would have been a travesty.

I agree, but sadly, many people don't like beautiful woodwork like that anymore.  I would love to have a house like that.  All of the interior doors with the beautiful glass were so lovely.  The sunroom deserved a better reno.  White cushions all the way around?  No thank you!   They needed some chairs that face out to the beautiful scenery, and some plants!  They either ran out of money by the time they got to the sunroom, or just decided to do it on the cheap (not that flooring is cheap, but it didn't 'wow' me!) 

• Like 6

I'm not crazy about painted woodwork anyway, but it kills me when it's close-grained, old growth timber that we'll never see again, and they just slather it in boring white paint it kills me.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I'm having a hard time believing Jeremiah saying he wanted to paint that wood was anything but a shtick to let Nate and Bob gang up on him.

N & J's bedroom was too moody for me, but I didn't mind the dining room. It had a mood that I think those guys liked, too. The round table worked really well--and those chairs looked comfy. 

I know I rag on them for using a lot of marble, but that stuff was pretty. Everywhere it went.

The sunroom was high concept, I guess. Or future toy room (maybe that white material was of the indestructible variety?). It also made me think the two couples have some kind of history.

(Whispers) I liked that tile floor.

• Like 1

I liked the tile floor, too, but the previous floor looked like it was in really good condition, and I know that hex tile is really expensive. I'd have kept the saltillo looking tile and kept that space more like a garden room. Adding all those permanent benches all the around the room used up a ton of floor space. And, as someone mentioned, none of the seating was oriented to the view.

The marble used in the kitchen and for the fireplace was pretty and really appealed to me. But that fireplace looked out of place in that room. The tapestry over the TV was dumb.

I didn't like how they finished the bottom of the stairs. The newel posts looked stranded and out of place. I hope those guys are going to rip up that carpet, because N & J just tacked on a non-matching swatch of some fabric at the bottom where the stairs were revealed when they removed the turning/landing. 

That wallpaper might look nice if it had some color. I adore a landscape/panorama wallpaper (especially in a dining room), but that paper looked like a serious case of black mold. The marble shelf was styled poorly, and it didn't look useful. There was no serving piece in that dining room, was there? I guess you could carry food directly to the table from kitchen, but it seems like poor planning to not have a landing space in the dining room. I didn't think the dry sink looked especially attractive in that room either.

Enough has probably been said about the fireplace. I like vintage tile, so I'd have worked with it. It fit the house. I  don't agree with Nate that it's a good thing to have a vintage house on the outside, then you walk into a modern interior. To me that's like taking the Philip Johnson Glass House and re-doing the interior in high Victorian style. Bad fit.

• Like 9

Where did that tapestry come from? Jeremiah, is that from your corner of the warehouse or something Nate bought that you wanted to be rid of?

And worse, stop putting TVs high up, either over fireplaces or randomly mounted "out of the way." A TV is supposed to be at eye level. Watching it isn't supposed to put a permanent crink in your neck. 

I thought the marble in the dining room would be a landing spot, staged this way because there was no meal going on and it would have looked weird with a bread basket and wine cooler on it. I could be wrong. But I laughed when Nate said it was so their style, cause it is, marble! From a salvage yard!

Again, I love watching their work and it's such a relief from white boxes with geometric touches. At least it's usually pretty and usually interesting--so some of these WTF? moments stand out. Or make me think 80% is good enough to go home and see the babies. Sorry, guys. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, buttersister said:

And worse, stop putting TVs high up, either over fireplaces or randomly mounted "out of the way."

Amen!  Unfortunately, this seems to be the trend.  You see it being done on a lot of home renovations on TV. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Amen!  Unfortunately, this seems to be the trend.  You see it being done on a lot of home renovations on TV. 

Some of my neighbors have TVs above their fireplaces. Mine is on a TV table/chest designed to be at the proper height for watching when seated across the room.

• Like 6
On 4/13/2023 at 8:20 PM, carrps said:

Enough has probably been said about the fireplace. I like vintage tile, so I'd have worked with it. It fit the house.

I liked the original fireplace too, but it definitely would not have worked with the design the guys wanted.  My hope is that they simply covered it up without destroying it. 

I really liked the sun room, and benches.  I realize the kitchen was about what the owners wanted, but it was just not attractive to me.  It felt really dark and lacked much warmth, in my view.

• Like 3