Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Wakey, Wake

Persnickety1
  • Start Topic

S02.E01: Wakey Wakey

After Ronald’s escape, Cassie distracts herself with work at Dewell & Hoyt while Jenny, recovering from her near-death experience, decides to take Sheriff Tubb up on his offer for her to rejoin the force. Yet, even as these two seem to move in different directions, it won’t be long before a mysterious accident leads them to cross paths. Elsewhere, Ronald is wrapped up in something he can’t get out of but who did the wrapping?

Season Premiere   THURSDAY, SEPT. 30    10:01p.m. EDT on ABC 

160195_1473.jpg

Let's Rock and Roll!

157143_0077.jpg

157143_0085.jpg

160196_0067.jpg

I just started the new "Chimpanzee Diet".

160196_0219.jpg

160195_0799.jpg

• Love 1

I can see absolutely NO REASON why those kids didn't report the crash and killed guys and the drugs and money to the police. I mean, absolutely NO REASON. It's not like they had anything to do with it.

That girl's mom's boyfriend is all kinds of skeevy. I don't even want to watch any part he's in.

I didn't recognize Ronald. But his situation looks interesting.

Glad this show is back. It's a fun diversion.

Can the name of this thread be changed to E1 so others can find it?

• Love 10

Stupid kids. I was liking Max until she told everyone they shouldn't call the cops. They didn't knowingly take the drugs or the money, and the cops would easily see that. If they were really worried, they should have dropped the bags to the ground before running away. You don't steal from murderous heroine dealers.

I was surprised they actually made Jenny become a cop, but I guess that will mix things up and let them be involved in more cases?

• Love 7

Big Sky is back and they apparently thought "Hey, remember how in the first season we kicked things off with two teenagers getting into danger due to their stupid decision making?  Well, we're going to double that here and have it be four this time!"

Seriously, I really can't figure out the reasoning behind the kids not wanting to call the cops after what happened.  I know that trust in law enforcement these days isn't very high (especially with the lot on this show), but I really doubt they were going to assume that a bunch of teenagers are hardcore drug dealers, and would have understood the more likely story that they panicked and swiped the bags after the guy told them to.  Especially since it seemed like these kids were just your average middle class teens and not like they had records or anything.  It was just so ridiculously flimsy.  And if at least one of them listens to true crime podcasts, you would think that they would know that hiding and keeping known drug money is going to eventually blow up in their faces.  But I guess all of this was to be expected on this show.  It was cool seeing the actress who played Ruby on Walker as Max at least.

Anyway, no surprise that Jenny survived survived getting shot in the chest and is already up and about after six weeks.  Does have some soreness at least, but still not enough to stop her from a hook up or two with an undercover cop/former flame (?) played by Logan Marshall-Green (a.k.a. American Tom Hardy!)  We'll see where this goes.  Hopefully not his death, because if so, then Jenny might want to just quit on love because that would make him her third love interest to suffer a bad fate.

Speaking of which, Cassie is totally doing the whole "I find him annoying and obnoxious, but still kind of... like him?) thing with Lindor.

Max's mom's new boyfriend is so bad news.  And not just because he willing calls himself T-Lock and is played by Arturo Del Puerto, who tends to play unsavory characters...

Didn't know much about the cast changes going in, so I was pleasantly surprised to see Janina Gavankar's name in the credits, although it looks like whoever she is playing hasn't shown up yet.  I also noticed that Jesse James Keitel is only a special guest star now, so I wonder if Jerrie won't be featured as much this go around?

Finally, to the surprise of probably no one, John Caroll Lynch is back, baby!  Playing what I'm assuming is Rick's brother that Ronald mentioned last season, and basically seems to be just as crazy as good old Rick, only this time he's got a bitching beard!  At least he's using his current nefarious methods only on a captured Ronald right now, so maybe he is the good one out of the Legarski twins!

Welcome back, Big Sky!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Finally, to the surprise of probably no one, John Caroll Lynch is back, baby!  Playing what I'm assuming is Rick's brother that Ronald mentioned last season

Oh, thanks for that. I saw his name in the credits and wondered how he's going to come back from the dead, or the mostly dead. I totally did not recognize him. Of course I didn't recognize Ronald either so there's that.

In fact, i barely remember (make that don't remember anything about) what happened on the end of last season. Who was the woman the camera caught being loaded in the soon-to-be-dead cop's car? Was that Ronald's girlfriend from last season? If not, what happened to her. And if so, wasn't there a daughter?

I don't even remember Jenny getting shot. And I was a faithful watcher last season. *sigh*

• Love 1

Why do the kids keep going back to the scene of the crime, don't they know that is a good way to get caught by the bad guy.

That goes double for the pervert in the woods, didn't he see the murderous criminals and all the police, he doesn't want to be caught by either, so he should take a night off.

• Love 2
On 9/30/2021 at 11:19 PM, thuganomics85 said:

"Hey, remember how in the first season we kicked things off with two teenagers getting into danger due to their stupid decision making?  Well, we're going to double that here and have it be four this time!"

Extended version of the GEICO commercial. 

• LOL 8

I do not like the two leads so it's weird that I still watch this show.  Jenny begs for her old job back (not that she had to beg that hard) because she She Wants That Badge, then immediately refuses to wear a uniform.  M'kay.  She still wants her name on the PI business and doesn't want to cash out, but won't be there for day-to-day operations, let alone any conflicts of interest between PI Dewell and the LE she now works for.  I don't know how that's all going to work out.  Nice to see Hoyt back in the saddle again with some rando ex-flame, hookup, or whatever he is.  The kissing scene was gross when she was sticking her tongue out while Travis, a friend of her deceased husband, was kissing her.

A lot of new characters to become familiar with.  Not liking T-Lock and I fear for Max, and not just because he takes her babysitting money.

The best part was the end when Legarski's twin serves breakfast to Ronald!

• Love 4

Ronald apparently found the worst Bed and Breakfast ever...

Glad to have this batshit crazy show back. How many stupid choices will the characters make? How weirdly quirky will the villains be? How will we keep John Caroll Lynch around as we continue to kill him off? Tune in this season to find out!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Ronald apparently found the worst Bed and Breakfast ever...

Glad to have this batshit crazy show back. How many stupid choices will the characters make? How weirdly quirky will the villains be? How will we keep John Caroll Lynch around as we continue to kill him off? Tune in this season to find out!

Triplets next!

• LOL 7

In the words of my favorite YouTube show commentator Alexander Rogers that boyfriend gives me a hobosexual teas and I am guessing he will find the money and drugs and end up on the business end of a sawed off shotgun by the end of season.  He needs to go out and find himself a job and leave that girl and her babysitting money alone.

(edited)
On 10/1/2021 at 2:19 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Max's mom's new boyfriend is so bad news.  And not just because he willing calls himself T-Lock and is played by Arturo Del Puerto, who tends to play unsavory characters...

He was so good as Pulpo ,a big time drug dealer, whose big thing was decapitating his enemies. He played Pulpo in 3 episodes of season 1 of Chicago PD including ep.1 and 2.

Edited by blackdahlia
spelling