Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: It's Like the Flu

• Start Topic

So Bradley pull a Kelly Ripa.  Kelly Ripa found out they hired her a new costar without her knowledge and did something very similar.  I still remember when she did this.  The biggest difference is the Kelly Ripa had actually been there working for years when she pulled this.  She was basically a veteran that they didn’t even show the respect to tell her they hired a new person. The fact that they stole this plot further highlights that Bradley is not a Kelly Ripa and the fact that she’s not even been there that long.  

She’s essentially a person who they didn’t want to hire and was forced on them.  They view her as inexperienced and her current show isn’t doing well.  Her leverage there is essentially Cory.  Stella said they had some tough decisions regarding her.  Cory’s boss wants to dump her.  

Cory also said last week that she doesn’t have a friend there and now I see why.

It’s hard to believe Bradley’s ego has grown this much in eight months of fame.

Alex coming back was basically Cory’s attempt at saving her job.  

Bradley is going have to face some harsh realities soon.

Also I’m not sure her issue with Alex either.  Bradley and Alex barely know each other and Bradley was openly plotting against her up until the last scene of the last episode of last year. 

Alex doesn’t owe Bradley anything.  She also doesn’t owe Chip anything by the way either.  To my knowledge Chip was just her coworker who had a crush on her.  The show hasn’t even hinted of any romance these two had they just worked together.  He had feelings for her.  

Then he’s telling Bradley she makes you feel like the most important person in the world and she throws you off of a cliff.  Chip you jumped off a cliff when you got a crush on your married coworker.

So Bradley telling her about Chip while being a diva to everybody that works there was rich.

Edited by dmc
  • Love 6

It was nice to see Steve Carell but I'm wondering if his role is diminished this season or if he's going to come more into play later. Right now he seems so removed from everything that it's almost like he's in a different show.

• Love 1

Not sure what I just watched? Besides Chip and Cory this was really bad. I feel like I just watched Bradley screaming at everyone for 50 minutes. Sometimes you watch a show and wonder why take this likeable character and make them the absolute worst that they can be? For redemption or for tension? Why make her completely unlikeable and the show along with it? Why add in 5 useless minutes of Mitch?

Believe it or not at this point I was cheering for Cory being fired for not listening to his own boss and firing her and he is my favorite character!!

Bradley's character is so unlikeable I am probably going to pull the cord on this show in the next few weeks.

Edited by juno
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, dmc said:

So Bradley pull a Kelly Ripa.  Kelly Ripa found out they hired her a new costar without her knowledge and did something very similar.  I still remember when she did this.  The biggest difference is the Kelly Ripa had actually been there working for years when she pulled this.  She was basically a veteran that they didn’t even show the respect to tell her they hired a new person. The fact that they stole this plot further highlights that Bradley is not a Kelly Ripa and the fact that she’s not even been there that long.  

I hadn't made the connection to Kelly Ripa but I remember that too. They treated her like garbage and I was glad she stood up for herself. I had no such feelings for Bradley. I agree she was disrespected and her anger at Cory is justified for lying to her about moving to evening but I can't say I was rooting for her.

I feel like Daniel is being a stand-in for the audience by the way he's just quietly calling out bullshit and telling the truth. Also, his warnings about the coronavirus and seeing him on that plane for Wuhan filled me with dread because we know that not everyone can survive this season. 

The Italian woman calling out the feminist influencer made my heart sing. "I fought for your right to be an asshole." Tell it. 

• Love 7

Well, I think there’s a reason that Italy is also a setting in this season because it was hit extremely hard by Covid early on. My question is will it be Mitch or Valeria Golino’s character who gets sick and dies?

On a purely superficial note didn’t they call “last looks” on Jennifer Aniston’s hair when Alex makes that speech as she’s about to leave the dinner party? There’s this massive flyaway in the back of her head for the entire head-on shot as well as from other angles. Like...really? OK. Maybe it was a creative decision for her famous locks to look disheveled?

Edited by TimWil
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/25/2021 at 12:04 PM, marceline said:

I hadn't made the connection to Kelly Ripa but I remember that too. They treated her like garbage and I was glad she stood up for herself. I had no such feelings for Bradley. I agree she was disrespected and her anger at Cory is justified for lying to her about moving to evening but I can't say I was rooting for her.

I feel like Daniel is being a stand-in for the audience by the way he's just quietly calling out bullshit and telling the truth. Also, his warnings about the coronavirus and seeing him on that plane for Wuhan filled me with dread because we know that not everyone can survive this season. 

The Italian woman calling out the feminist influencer made my heart sing. "I fought for your right to be an asshole." Tell it. 

Same I have no such feelings for Bradley.  I also don't know I think she was disrespected.  I think Cory was surprised given the way she got the job and her ratings that she would even ask for a promotion.  Look at his face during that conversation.  I think their friendship is legit the only reason he wasn't like who asks for a promotion when we didn't want to hire you and you aren't doing well.  I think he deliberately is postponing the conversation with her, because it's a "you're screwing up conversation".  I don't think he's doing her any favors either.  Bradley still hasn't figured out that Cory hired Alex back to save her Bradley's job.  I absolutely think there was pressure on him to let her go.  

Edited by dmc
  • Love 3

In season one, I didn't have nearly as big a problem with Bradley's character as others did. But man oh man, do I hate her now.

Did she really have the audacity to claim that when she started the job, she did whatever was asked of her? She blew everything up on her first episode as co-anchor (when she revealed that she had an abortion), because she refused to go along with the segment they were doing with her mother.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I really enjoyed Valeria Golino's character going off on the millennial/gen z performative outrage complete with calling out the friend recording. Brava!

Bradley's back on her bullshit. Ugh. 

Alex and Chip, together again! It's probably wishful thinking on my part that they'd ever become an actual couple, but I enjoy the implication that there is an attraction. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 2
On 9/24/2021 at 9:52 PM, juno said:

Not sure what I just watched? Besides Chip and Cory this was really bad. I feel like I just watched Bradley screaming at everyone for 50 minutes. Sometimes you watch a show and wonder why take this likeable character and make them the absolute worst that they can be? For redemption or for tension? Why make her completely unlikeable and the show along with it? Why add in 5 useless minutes of Mitch?

Believe it or not at this point I was cheering for Cory being fired for not listening to his own boss and firing her and he is my favorite character!!

Bradley's character is so unlikeable I am probably going to pull the cord on this show in the next few weeks.

I didn't like Bradley last season but I enjoyed watching her character because she was interesting and edgy. Also, I'm a Reese Witherspoon fan. 

So far, I'm finding Bradley to be less edgy and more bratty this season. It's just not as interesting. 

On 9/25/2021 at 11:11 PM, TimWil said:

Well, I think there’s a reason that Italy is also a setting in this season because it was hit extremely hard by Covid early on. My question is will it be Mitch or Valeria Golino’s character who gets sick and dies?

On a purely superficial note didn’t they call “last looks” on Jennifer Aniston’s hair when Alex makes that speech as she’s about to leave the dinner party? There’s this massive flyaway in the back of her head for the entire head-on shot as well as from other angles. Like...really? OK. Maybe it was a creative decision for her famous locks to look disheveled?

I can see it being a creative decision. She's the type of person who can be falling apart and then collect herself half a second before she goes live on air. Not having everything in place could reflect just how out of control things have gotten for her. 

Or maybe it's just that someone didn't fix her hair...I dunno LOL. 

• Love 2