• Pepsi
    • Other (RC, Rite, Faygo...)
  2. 2. Flavored?

• No Way - Plain for me
    • Cherry
    • Lemon
    • Lime
    • Other

True fact: it is impossible for me to be in an airplane without a Coke. At a baseball game, I will deign to drink Pepsi if that's all that's there. But if I'm flying somewhere and they don't have Coke, the plane must land ASAP as this constitutes an emergency.

• Love 5

Not gonna vote.  I was a Coke-aholic for a long time.  Like almost 30 years.  I would easily drink a 12 pack in a day if I was allowed, or if it was there.  I gave up all sodas about 5 years ago, and I stick to flavoring my own now.  So I lean towards Coke, if that helps.   Pepsi is a wanna be Coke.  ::giggle::

• Love 1

I hardly ever drink either one, but Pepsi, hands down.  And don't come near me with diet soda of any kind.

(Maybe that should be your next poll -- do you call it soda, cola or pop?)

• Love 3

I need an option for none, yuck, never, no way. I've always hated cola, or soda/pop of any kind. I only drink water, and sometimes iced tea. And, coffee of course. My kid's the same way, minus the coffee (so far).

• Love 1

D) I can't take it anymore.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been hearing Billy Joel ever since finding the topic.

Took me a minute!  I'm sure I'll be singing it all day now  :)

I weaned myself onto Diet Coke years ago, but Coke has always been a favorite of mine.  However, I always loved Mountain Dew when I was younger, but I drink it now that I'm used to diet because it tastes like liquid candy.  I miss it.  (And diet Mountain Dew is disgusting, imo)

• Love 1

The ONLY diet soda I'd willingly drink is Diet Dr. Pepper. For once, the commercials don't lie: It does taste like the original (which I love, and I thank my Gramp for turning me on to it as a kid!). But Diet Pepsi and/or Diet Coke? Gross.

• Love 2

Diet Coke, almost exclusively.  If the only option is Pepsi, I'll take Dr. Pepper or root beer.

It's always interesting to me how peoples' tastes differ wildly.  I seldom buy pop for home and when I do it's usually Diet Squirt.  Mostly, I buy Diet Peach Snapple or Trop-a-Rocka.  If I have a choice when out, I get Diet Pepsi.  If not, Diet Coke.  I think regular pop of all kinds is much too sweet and, if I can't get a diet variety, I prefer water.  I'm not diabetic or anything.  I just don't like sweet drinks.

Now I need a Billy Joel forum.  I could talk about him all day.  I'm also a can't vote-r.  I love them both, pretty equally.  & my flavor of choice is cherry, for both.

There was BIlly Joel channel on XM radio in May and we got our daughter hooked.

I can take both. I find that amaretto is better in Pepsi, though. Also, the diet does make you hungry after you eat it, so I've really cut down on my soda/cola drinking.

I grew up on Billy Joel, my mom listened to him all the time.  In fact, the first concert I ever attended in a stadium was during his River of Dreams tour.

I don't drink as much soda as I used to, but if I'm going to have anything it's Cherry 7-Up or regular Squirt (my grandma still keeps some on hand for our visits). 

Does anyone do the peanut in a Coke thing?  I've never tried it.

All this talk of candy makes me long for Halloween so I can steal some Almond Joy bars from my kid's stash. I never buy them; just wait until Halloween time to have candy. Bonus: the candy you steal from your kid's Halloween stash has zero calories.

• Love 2

Started on our kids years ago--our 13 year old daughter loves and can sing along to "Italian Restaurant". 

Never even heard of peanut in a Coke!

"In keeping with the music theme: 

I remember circlin' the drive-in, pullin' up

An' turnin' down George Jones

I remember when no one was lookin'

I was puttin' peanuts in my Coke"

George Jones~ I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool

This could actually be fun--lyrics with the names of different brands of soda in them :)

That was Barbara Mandrell, with a guest appearance by George Jones.

It was Pepsi, but yes, of course - my dad is from Oklahoma.  :-)  It's delicious. 

Does anyone do the peanut in a Coke thing? I've never tried it.

Yes! Growing up we had that ocassionally as a treat. It was always a Coke in glass bottle. I loved it. Salty, sweet & fizzy. Yum!

My parents grew up dirt poor & they rarely had soda but Pepsi was usually cheaper than Coke so Pepsi was the winner. Probably because of that fact, growing up if we had soda in the house it was Coke. I'm definitely a Coke over Pepsi gal, although if I have one it's generally a Coke Zero or Diet Dr. Pepper.

I try not to drink cokes (& they're all cokes to me) but I'm not always successful. I've gone years at a time without drinking any & then I'll have one & it's a fight again. I blame Sonic's ice. Mainly because I don't want to blame myself.

• Love 1

That was Barbara Mandrell, with a guest appearance by George Jones.

You know, I thought so.  The one on my iphone is by Barbara Mandrell, but the website listed it as a George Jones song, so I wondered if she did a remake and the live version that I had was with George Jones joining her on stage.

It was Pepsi, but yes, of course - my dad is from Oklahoma.  :-)  It's delicious.

And is there a general measurement of peanuts or is it just by taste? 

You'd take a few swigs from the bottle to make room, and then pour in peanuts. 

(I don't remember who wrote the song, but it was neither Mandrell nor Jones; she recorded it with his guest vocals.  It was written in response to the Urban Cowboy era, when that non-traditional genre of country music became a fad - to the dismay of many fans - and became something of an anthem.)

Although I've always preferred Pepsi, I don't dislike Coke.  But since I drink soda so rarely, when I do I go with my favorite. 

Root beer floats made with A&W root beer were a treat when I was a kid.  And I remember drinking RC for a while.  And Squirt, I liked that.  (A friend of mine still drinks it, only now with tequila <g>.)  I never liked Dr. Pepper, but had an uncle who would drink that stuff by the case. 

Diet cherry 7-Up is my usual soda of choice, on the rare occasion when I drink it anymore. I didn't quit for any conscious reasons, I just got lazy about buying it and putting it in the fridge.

I can't actually tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, especially the caffeine-free, which is the only thing I can have. When I have flavor options at a fountain, I go for raspberry whenever it's available and vanilla when it's not.

Another Diet Dr Pepper fan here. I remember with fondness visiting the Dr Pepper plant in Waco TX some years ago.

I never heard of the peanut thing, either, but then I'm a Yankee. Are you supposed to let the peanuts dissolve (is that possible?) to have peanut-flavored soda, or drink the soda first and then eat soda-flavored peanuts?

I always take a few sips from the Coke bottle, enough to make room for the peanuts, and then pour them in. I've only used soda in glass bottles for the peanut party & the smaller bottle, the 6 ounce, is what I used growing up, but I don't even know if they make those now. I think smaller bottles work better with peanuts.

My family has always done this using the single package peanuts, like you'd get at a convenience store. The salty, oily type. I say that because I tried it once with the kind I keep around for general snacking, which are dry roasted & lightly salted & it wasn't as good IMO, but that may be just from what I'm used to. Once the peanuts are in you just drink the soda & get a few peanuts at a time with each drink. The peanuts stay crunchy unless you take quite awhile to drink & then they just get mildly mushy. To me the treat was always the mixture of a sweet fizziness & a salty crunch. It was a snack combined. I haven't had one in a few years because I try not to drink soda & if I do it's usually at a movie, but typing all this out makes me want to have one again!

I rarely drink Cokes (or soft drinks in general), but whenever I am on a road trip, I have to have a cherry coke, its a tradition.

When my younger sister was studying abroad in Europe, I flew over to visit her.  This was slightly before the days of liquid limits in your carry-on, and her one big request was that I bring her a Dr. Pepper, which was not available in the UK.  I did... and was sweating it the whole flight thinking the bottle was bound to explode!  It didn't though, big relief! 

In this county of NC we call it drink. "Is there any drink at the house or do I need to stop and get some?" 

That's interesting. I've heard it called soda, pop, and cola, but I've never heard it referred to as "drink". 

Yep, it's still made (my best friend drinks it).  I believe it was discontinued for a time, but brought back several years ago.  Maybe only in certain markets?

I like Coke (or Pepsi) with vanilla-infused vodka, but one drink is about all I can handle with something that sweet tasting.