Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: You Can't Always Trust What You See

DanaK
  • Start Topic

09/22/2021 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Will Halstead returns to Med to help Goodwin with a secret investigation. Archer and Charles deal with twins who insist on being identical inside and out. Stevie and Dylan treat a young patient with sickle cell anemia.

1 minute ago, Frisky Wig said:

It took 8 minutes for me to remember how awfully unrealistic this show is. 

“Dr Halsted, I know I fired your ass but I want you to come back to spy on a guy you kinda sorta barely knew 25 or whatever years ago! Welcome back to the team!”

Edited by Frisky Wig
Accidentally quoted myself instead of hitting the edit icon, don’t know how to delete.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 9/22/2021 at 8:19 PM, DanaK said:

Those twins were creepy

They really were!  I didn't see how that story resolved.  I saw that Dr. Charles stopped the surgery on the healthy twin, but then did they ever do the surgery on the twin who needed it?

Natalie's gone!  Yay! 

• Love 1

I didn’t find it necessary for them to show Natalie driving away smiling with a nice future ahead after all the grief she has brought to Chicago Med. I’d think she might be a little concerned over her behavior and perhaps criminal charges.  

Love Dr. Charles’s comment to Dr. Archer, well with your history who knows what you might do?  😆

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

How did the twins switch wrist bands?

Only one would have had a wrist band (Gemma), and not speak from (unfortunately) long personal experience that it's not hard to get in and out of wrist bands. Just tell them not to put it on too tight; they make sure it doesn't come off by itself but it's easy to slide it off.

• Love 2

I love how Goodwin was asking Halstead for progress reports literally hours after she asked him to spy on that doctor. Like if it was so easy, why not do it yourself?

And how could it even be legal, basing someone's employment on whether they nab another employee's wrongdoing? For starters, it makes Halstead biased - if they did catch the doctor doing something and he found out Halstead and Goodwin's arrangement, he could always argue that Halstead had motive to make false claims against him in order to save his own job and curry favor with Goodwin.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

And how could it even be legal, basing someone's employment on whether they nab another employee's wrongdoing? For starters, it makes Halstead biased - if they did catch the doctor doing something and he found out Halstead and Goodwin's arrangement, he could always argue that Halstead had motive to make false claims against him in order to save his own job and curry favor with Goodwin.

It's totally not legal, but Halstead is too dumb to point this out.  Ridiculous plot point

• Love 4
2 hours ago, judyri said:

It's totally not legal, but Halstead is too dumb to point this out.  Ridiculous plot point

Because, for some bizarre reason (apparently besides him being a main character who , that is) Halstead thinks that he "belongs at Med", as he told Goodwin. 

Why exactly? He doesn't really get along with either Choi or Archer, and he's been on Goodwin's bad list since the whole season one legal debacle. And he was super upset this time last year, when he learned he not only didn't get to be in charge of the ED, but wasn't even in Goodwin's consideration for it. Why would Halstead want to remain at a hospital that has so clearly told him there's no chance for advancement?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

Why exactly? He doesn't really get along with either Choi or Archer, and he's been on Goodwin's bad list since the whole season one legal debacle. And he was super upset this time last year, when he learned he not only didn't get to be in charge of the ED, but wasn't even in Goodwin's consideration for it. Why would Halstead want to remain at a hospital that has so clearly told him there's no chance for advancement?

And except for some of the nurses, I don't see him having any friendships at the hospital.  Except some ill-fated romances: Natalie, heroin doc.  Just move on and try to reinvent yourself.  He's not well respected there.

• Love 3

Goodwin asking Halstead to be her spy was hilarious.

Nice not to have Natalie or April on the show.

I like the new doctors.

Was also nice to see the General from Chuck, even if her character wasn’t in the best of spirits.

Edited by Quark
  • Love 2

1. I was surprised to realize this show has made it to season 7

2. happy for Natalie and April to be gone.

3. I like all the new docs so far. I hope they don't mess them up--and really they could use some more people to bounce storylines off of. I hope they keep them all and come up with meaningful storylines so not every episode is Halsted focused or focused on maybe 3 people.

4. it occurred to me when Dr Charles came out of his first meeting with the twins how funny it would be if they did a spoof episode and he just blurted out "these 2 are really nuts." 

5. the Halsted spy storyline is the only one that jumped out as totally stupid. If you are an outlier, there is a process for doing chart reviews. she could easily call in a 3rd party to do a chart audit. since this is a show, I'm sure Matt will blurt out at some point "I'm ordering these because of these great kickbacks!!" Real life isn't like that. The doctor getting kickbacks will swear on his grave (and convince himself he believes this) that the $$ had nothing to do with his medical judgment. 

• Love 2