Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

(edited)

Chuck is delusional. How old is this woman, 40s? Way out of his league. Nothing like having your dating portrait taken with a messy living room full of kid toys and (I think) an unmade sofa bed as your background. I agree, why does he have this role? Why are he, Ed, Liz, and various others on, in which there is no foreign fiance? At least the coven has not made an appearance. The Grecian formula on his head is ridiculous.

SEVEN kids with the first wife?

I wish the Chuck Luck, and I think it's smart for Andre to "set up a new business" a couple of hours away from the rest of L's family. Sounds like a get-rich-quick scheme, though. "Internet trading"     

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
(edited)

Gotta git me a low-cut peasant blouse like LeAnn. 

I've got a couple of double-D's in there that I haven't used to their full potential, if you know what I mean. 

God there are some  hard-looking women on this show and franchise...including Meghan, TyRay's date, and now Rebecca. What happened to her? Has she been ill? 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 1
Just now, judylo said:

Rebecca looks like a washerwoman.

DEAD

Just now, judylo said:

Weren’t we here before?

We are ALWAYS here. The crack team in the Sharp writers room desperately needs to come up with some new plots.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

PillowTalk was actually amusing this time (Single Life). Even those I dislike were actually pretty funny, and all seemed happy to have some good material to work with, given the dregs of regular 90DF this season. And no Chantel or Ed on the premises! 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m hoping they do a psychological assessment of these women before doling out the sperm. Because Nuttie? 

Agreed. 100%. I don’t believe I’ve seen another woman more ill-suited to motherhood than immature, impetuous, illogical, selfish, flighty, not-too-bright Natalie. Plus, ZERO discussion re: the cost of IVF and/or raising a child! As far as I can tell Natalie’s never worked a day in her life or put anyone else first ahead of what SHE wants. Stupid (and repetitive) Sharp plot line. 

Edited by ChiBurbsMama
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

So, not an anecdote, but I seek recommendations. I've been LIVING for British police procedurals lately... Anyone got a hidden gem for me? 

Foyle's War. Writing, acting, locations, production values are all incredible. So many of the actors, too, are over 50. Libraries may have the DVDs. 

Speaking of drama, Meghan needs to learn to quit while she's ahead. Let the guy move there and in a year talk about how you guys feel about future plans. But enough with the ultimatums already! And John is on to those, per preview. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

So, not an anecdote, but I seek recommendations. I've been LIVING for British police procedurals lately. I've seen Line of Duty (GREAT), Scott and Bailey (BEYOND GREAT), No Offence (Super Good), The Bay, (meh) Granite Harbor, (OK) Dalgleish (VERY GOOD), Happy Valley (GREAT), Broadchurch (GREAT), The Fall (first season good, second meh, stupid ending), Unforgotten (GREAT)...the list goes on. Anyone got a hidden gem for me? 

Oh my god. I think I've just left my body for a moment. 

Hamish Macbeth, about a constable and his Westie in a small town in Scotland. Based on a long running series of novels and, frankly, the tv show is better. Three seasons.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, judylo said:

It was fun tonight with us merry few. Good night, see you soon.

@Pepper Mostly Vera is already on your list, right?

I just started watching it but so far I am finding Vera to be, well, very unlikable. I'm not sure I can hang in with her. 

1 hour ago, Gobi said:

Hamish Macbeth, about a constable and his Westie in a small town in Scotland. Based on a long running series of novels and, frankly, the tv show is better. Three seasons.

I LOVE that show, have already watched it through twice. And yes, I ran out to get one of the books after the first viewing, hope in my heart, then hurled it across the room in disgust because it was so bad. I love Robert Carlyle!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I just started watching it but so far I am finding Vera to be, well, very unlikable. I'm not sure I can hang in with her. 

I LOVE that show, have already watched it through twice. And yes, I ran out to get one of the books after the first viewing, hope in my heart, then hurled it across the room in disgust because it was so bad. I love Robert Carlyle!

Yeah, Vera can be dark. But Shetland, while moody, has very likable characters. Also, Inspector George Gently (on Acorn) is fantastic. Set in the 60s!

• Love 1
On 2/26/2024 at 9:09 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Are there alligators in the lake? I just watched the latest episode of Naked and Afraid.

Always. Gators are in all bodies of water. One was even found at Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom) a few years ago. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, judylo said:

Yeah, Vera can be dark. But Shetland, while moody, has very likable characters. Also, Inspector George Gently (on Acorn) is fantastic. Set in the 60s!

Dark I don't mind. And flawed characters I don't mind either. (The incomparable Suranne Jones in Scott and Bailey is a MESS). Vera? So far she's just an old crab. I'll definitely give Shetland another shot, I did see a few episodes but got distracted. 

• Love 1

@Pepper Mostly...The Ian Rutledge Scotland Yard series is available on e-books.

Charles & Caroline Todd wrote 24 in the WW1-era series before her recent death. IMHO they're worth a try, from the beginning. Haven't explored their other novels because I prefer "heroes" over "heroines". YMMV.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Peppermint said:

@Pepper Mostly...The Ian Rutledge Scotland Yard series is available on e-books.

Charles & Caroline Todd wrote 24 in the WW1-era series before her recent death. IMHO they're worth a try, from the beginning. Haven't explored their other novels because I prefer "heroes" over "heroines". YMMV.

Thanks! I prefer to watch mystery/procedurals on TV, rarely read them though. Non fiction is more my jam when it comes to books! Though I do enjoy the occasional novel. I did read the Number One Ladies' Detective Agency books, and the Roma Sub Rosa series, by Steven Saylor, and loved them!

I just started watching "Astrid" on PBS and I'm really enjoying it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I just started watching "Astrid" on PBS and I'm really enjoying it. 

Astrid was great. I loved it and even shed an occasional tear or two while watching it unfold. There’s another show (can’t remember the platform, maybe Britbox) called Blue Lights(?) which I liked. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Astrid was great. I loved it and even shed an occasional tear or two while watching it unfold. There’s another show (can’t remember the platform, maybe Britbox) called Blue Lights(?) which I liked. 

I think I started one called Blue Murder, it was OK, but not enough to keep me watching after a few episodes. I started COBRA on PBS because I LOVE Robert Carlyle. 

7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I think I started one called Blue Murder, it was OK, but not enough to keep me watching after a few episodes. I started COBRA on PBS because I LOVE Robert Carlyle. 

I looked on Britbox but it is no longer there. Definitely called Blue Lights. Takes place in Belfast. If you stumble across it, it’s worth the watch.

• Applause 1

Ashley OMG Cry Crying GIF by POWERSeven her friend right behind her is having a hard time keeping a straight face! 

• LOL 3

Hi everyone. Again coming in early. I will probably be watching and reading along, but probably not commenting much today. A few hours ago I found out that a dear friend and longtime former colleague died suddenly yesterday. He and his wife had moved to Italy and had just gotten their permanent residency a few weeks ago. He had asthma, but they think it might have been a massive heart attack. He was 67. New grandkid. Such a great guy. I am shocked and heartbroken.

• Hugs 16
  • Sad 3

Can someone come over and help me zip up my new Tell All gown? It’s from the Common Streetwalker Barbie Collection.

I watched the preview. Assley said she lost 100 pounds. Apparently she was hiding a ton of weight under those muumuus. 

• LOL 12
14 minutes ago, judylo said:

Hi everyone. Again coming in early. I will probably be watching and reading along, but probably not commenting much today. A few hours ago I found out that a dear friend and longtime former colleague died suddenly yesterday. He and his wife had moved to Italy and had just gotten their permanent residency a few weeks ago. He had asthma, but they think it might have been a massive heart attack. He was 67. New grandkid. Such a great guy. I am shocked and heartbroken.

So sorry for your loss.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Hola, my snarky darlings! Looking forward to the Tell Nothing, A small pool on who'll be the first flounce? 

@judylo, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about your friend! Sending hugs across the miles. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Sam I Am! Sam I Am! I do not like that Sam I Am! I do not like him at the mall, I do not like him on a Tell All!

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Can someone come over and help me zip up my new Tell All gown? It’s from the Common Streetwalker Barbie Collection.

I watched the preview. Assley said she lost 100 pounds. Apparently she was hiding a ton of weight under those muumuus. 

I also watched the previews and the dress that I liked the most was Jasmine.   And yes, Ashley has lost a lot of weight.

• Love 3