Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, MagicEyes said:

Is anyone having good snacks tonight? I’m hungry but I don’t feel like eating any of the snacks I have, so I need to live vicariously. 

I just had mac and cheese and put some pita crackers in there to give it crunch.  Sunday is carb night.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
Just now, MagicEyes said:

Is anyone having good snacks tonight? I’m hungry but I don’t feel like eating any of the snacks I have, so I need to live vicariously. 

I can’t risk getting up to get a snack. If I do, my dog will think it’s time to go out for a pee and she’ll relentlessly pester me until she gets her way (she always gets her way). Today is our 1 year anniversary. I guess I’ll keep her 😉

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, MagicEyes said:

I made goulash because I didn’t want chili or spaghetti but something hearty

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh no…your poor houseguest! I have Britbox so I need to check that out but the show cows and show rabbits made me lose my mind. I also learned a lot about Birds of Prey. I have the red tailed hawk to thank for eliminating our pigeon problem.

Birds of prey are awesome, I sometimes see hawks here. When I was working at MIT we'd sometimes see red tailed hawks around the river. 

This Farming Life is just my favorite show, I love it so much. My only gripe is that you get different families every season so I get all emotionally invested then never see them again. Sometimes there's one who carries over into another season, so that's a bonus. This past season I fell in love with a strapping young farmer named Sean who lives in the Orkney islands and has the loveliest accent and a great work ethic (he travels all over England and Scotland for three months shearing sheep so he can save up the $$ for his own farm) and soulful eyes. Sigh.  Though my heart will really always belong to Stevie, who has Asian water buffalo. He has dreams of being the first person in Scotland to make buffalo mozzarella. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I'm on Ozempic (the dose for diabetes, not weight loss). It is like having chemical gastric bypass--I'm starving, but the food doesn't fit, so I'm full after a few bites, but my brain says "Food is fun! Eat!"--but I can't and I'm very pouty.

I can't finish a meal and dessert is absolutely out. There is an apple pie here that I have smelled instead of tasting

Nope, haven't lost an ounce.

This is rough.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 4
21 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Fail. Whoever did that breast implant surgery needs to get his/her license revoked.

I think they used the same implants front and back 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
4 minutes ago, MagicEyes said:

I was so starved by about 4 pm I ordered a pizza. And ate the whole thing. I'm now stuffed. 

In other news, once again we learn that Sophie is a posing poser who is so not posh. Her mother's accent is totes working class. 

• Like 13
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I'm on Ozempic (the dose for diabetes, not weight loss). It is like having chemical gastric bypass--I'm starving, but the food doesn't fit, so I'm full after a few bites, but my brain says "Food is fun! Eat!"--but I can't and I'm very pouty.

I can't finish a meal and dessert is absolutely out. There is an apple pie here that I have smelled instead of tasting

I’m taking something similar, so my cheese consumption has gone way down. Unfortunately I’m also taking another drug that makes me gain weight. It’s very sad. Hopefully that will turn around some day. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 1

This is rough.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

I feel for your houseguest. I have broken both of mine. Did she tape the broken toe to the one beside it ? That always helped me.

I actually went to an Urgent Care for a broken pinky toe and all they did was xray it and “buddy tape” it to the next toe. 

• Like 4

The gang in the Sharp writers room are all drunk, right? Or is AI writing all the episode now? We've hit so many tried and true tropes already this season. 

1. Traditional parents object to foreign fiancee

2. Over involved friend 

3. Parents' blessing must be obtained

4. Someone has a secret. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

The gang in the Sharp writers room are all drunk, right? Or is AI writing all the episode now? We've hit so many tried and true tropes already this season. 

1. Traditional parents object to foreign fiancee

2. Over involved friend 

3. Parents' blessing must be obtained

4. Someone has a secret. 

To be fair, mom in a closet is new.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I actually went to an Urgent Care for a broken pinky toe and all they did was xray it and “buddy tape” it to the next toe. 

Yeah, this morning I said "Do you think you should go to the ER" but her aunt's a nurse so she called her and aunt said don't bother they'll just tape it. So she taped it. 

• Like 5

Hi, everyone! Hope all are doing well and have recovered from LAL's wild ride!

I don't understand Rob and Sheila(?) She's missing an ovary. That doesn't necessarily mean she can't have kids. Something must be missing. He seems like a jerk anyway.

Nikki seems pretty demanding. Things aren't going well.

Gino doesn't understand cleanliness! He thinks she's allergic to almonds. Not likely!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2