Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

I bought $100 worth of crypto cash. In two months, it was up to $125, so I sold it, took the original hundred and bought bitcoin, which promptly decreased to $89. Sold again while I was ahead. I now know less than I did when I started.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 7
Just now, Suzywriter said:

I bought $100 worth of crypto cash. In two months, it was up to $125, so I sold it, took the original hundred and bought bitcoin, which promptly decreased to $89. Sold again while I was ahead. I now know less than I did when I started.

It's still sort of a black hole of investment.

• Like 2

So my son just called me--his old mentor has a friend who's a James Beard award winning chef. He told this chef about my lad. Award winning chef wants to talk to him! The lad is on cloud nine! Said chef is in Seattle so I have no idea what they'd talk ABOUT, but it is exciting. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

So my son just called me--his old mentor has a friend who's a James Beard award winning chef. He told this chef about my lad. Award winning chef wants to talk to him! The lad is on cloud nine! Said chef is in Seattle so I have no idea what they'd talk ABOUT, but it is exciting. 

I’m so proud of your boy! Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

That's great - would he move to Seattle?  That's not so great.

• Sad 2
  • Love 1

EEEE!!!

That IS exciting!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

What great news!  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LEILANI2 said:

Mary needs therapy, intensive therapy or she will SNAP.

That girl is a MESS. How I yearn to see Brandan respond "You know, you're right. This is not going to work. I wish you all the best" and leave when she whimpers, through copious tears "then find someone else!". Never happen but a girl can dream, right? 

• Like 8

All right! Party on dude!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Very exciting !!!! Yay!!!

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, OneGuy said:

Thank you.  My son accepted an offer to play football at a D1 school which is my anecdote for the evening.

I've just been preoccupied on Sunday nights lately.  I've missed the people here, definitely, but the shows . . . not so much.

Wow, congrats! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Doublemint said:

That's great - would he move to Seattle?  That's not so great.

I don't know! He's a Salem boy, born and raised, and there's a great restaurant scene here. I'm sure he'd be up for it, for the adventure and the experience. He's a personable lad, he makes friends easily so he'd probably do fine. I would, of course, be wicked sad and miss him but he's a grown up. Positive side, he'd be rid of crap roommate. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

Mary is a piece of work.

That's putting it mildly. 

Oh, @Auntie Anxiety called it. Panic attack. It reminds me of that episode of Fawlty Towers when Basil screams and throws himself to the floor, claiming an old injury to avoid the consequences of his actions. I see you, Mary.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I don't know! He's a Salem boy, born and raised, and there's a great restaurant scene here. I'm sure he'd be up for it, for the adventure and the experience. He's a personable lad, he makes friends easily so he'd probably do fine. I would, of course, be wicked sad and miss him but he's a grown up. Positive side, he'd be rid of crap roommate. 

He needs to go where his life takes him. He’ll get enough experience to open his own restaurant in Salem one day.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yay! Hoping  great things will result from them meeting up.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hope something shakes out of this - sounds promising.  Hope he stays in Salem too!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

He needs to go where his life takes him. He’ll get enough experience to open his own restaurant in Salem one day.

I think he'd like the PNW. But I will not over anticipate. I mean, he hasn't even talked to the guy yet! 

Thanks for all your kind words, friends. See you all next time, have a great week, don't look at girls or I'll have a panic attack or a case of the vapors. 

• Like 6

The tv was still on while I’ve been reading through your comments and then I heard Ed say, “I think we’re the number one couple.” Click.

Great being with you all tonight. The snark always lifts my spirits. Have a lovely week and don’t ask Wayne for investment ideas.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1