Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

I have gone through 1/2 bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo.  Saw eye doctor and have also been using antibiotic drops, and warm compresses.   Get this every so often in the right eye.  Doctor says I will get it, try to stave off with the drops at the first indication of anything.

Aw, so sorry!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

I have gone through 1/2 bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo.  Saw eye doctor and have also been using antibiotic drops, and warm compresses.   Get this every so often in the right eye.  Doctor says I will get it, try to stave off with the drops at the first indication of anything.

Have you tried a tea bag? Its my go to for eye things. Something about the tannic acid. 

• Useful 4
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Have you tried a tea bag? Its my go to for eye things. Something about the tannic acid. 

I've used dry tea bags for bleeding in the mouth - which I used to get.  It works great for that.  Not sure about the eye - will call the doctor for a second appt tomorrow.    Thank you everyone for your support and kind words!!!!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 5
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

I've used dry tea bags for bleeding in the mouth - which I used to get.  It works great for that.  Not sure about the eye - will call the doctor for a second appt tomorrow.    Thank you everyone for your support and kind words!!!!

I had a style once and live in fear of another.  I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Doublemint said:

I learned the tea bag trick from a grizzled old bell captain at the Parker House Hotel in Boston, where I worked many years ago. I went in to pick up my paycheck one day and I was all upset because my eye was just a mess, all red and tearing and sore and I was in misery and thought I'd have to go to the ER on my day off. Earl said "No way, it'll be fifty dollars just to walk in the door!" (it was 1978). "Sit right there, I'll get you a tea bag. Put that tea bag on there for ten minutes!" Tea bag was obtained, I was ushered into the front desk manager's office to sit with the tea bag on my eye. Ten minutes later it was vastly improved. Earl pressed a couple of extra tea bags into my hand, patted me on the head and sent me on my way, and I have used a tea bag on any eye thing ever since. The end of another long and rambling Pepper Mostly anecdote. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m sending both of my sons and their families a Cuisinart ice cream maker. I thought it would be a fun gift.

You are a very creative and thoughtful gifter!

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I learned the tea bag trick from a grizzled old bell captain at the Parker House Hotel in Boston, where I worked many years ago. I went in to pick up my paycheck one day and I was all upset because my eye was just a mess, all red and tearing and sore and I was in misery and thought I'd have to go to the ER on my day off. Earl said "No way, it'll be fifty dollars just to walk in the door!" (it was 1978). "Sit right there, I'll get you a tea bag. Put that tea bag on there for ten minutes!" Tea bag was obtained, I was ushered into the front desk manager's office to sit with the tea bag on my eye. Ten minutes later it was vastly improved. Earl pressed a couple of extra tea bags into my hand, patted me on the head and sent me on my way, and I have used a tea bag on any eye thing ever since. The end of another long and rambling Pepper Mostly anecdote. 

Worth a shot - what do I have to loose?

• Like 1
  • Love 2