Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Thanks for the tip! I am also a curly girl. I love Curlsmith products, also Deva Curl, Not Your Mother's, and Tresemme Flawless Curls. 

I’ll have to check these out.  I would like to venture away from my Eco Styler gel bun that turns into a Holly-style rats nest by day 2.  I would love to just wear my curls but I have so many different textures.  If I could freeze the look I get right after detangling, it would be great!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Zombness said:

Yohan, your laid back island style does not apply at all in the US.  Work, work, work is what we do here.

I suspect that Yohan would have 2 jobs pronto in the US. He's not stupid...he knows that in the US, one can earn much more than one can as questionable chicken seller or resort personal gigolo trainer.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, For Cereals said:

I’ll have to check these out.  I would like to venture away from my Eco Styler gel bun that turns into a Holly-style rats nest by day 2.  I would love to just wear my curls but I have so many different textures.  If I could freeze the look I get right after detangling, it would be great!

Do you have a stylist who specializes in curly? Once I started getting my hair cut by a stylist who could do curly, WHAT a difference. My hair is more wavy/curly than coarse/coily, and its a constant search for products that work. Houseguest has a wild mass of super curly frizzy and what works for her is too heavy for my hair, and what works for me doesn't do anything for hers. Get sample sizes and try lots of things. Most of my hair stuff I get at Target, doesn't break the bank. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
Just now, ezzy4 said:

Uhm...they are MARRIED... but she doesn't want to COMMIT to a long term visa? Wha?

She has to be his sponsor and maybe she doesn't have the money.  Besides what about if he does a Pedro on her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, ezzy4 said:

Uhm...they are MARRIED... but she doesn't want to COMMIT to a long term visa? Wha?

She only commits to what she wants. She wants him to be in the DR, where she has more control. In the US, he might get wised up that there are nice Americans. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I suspect that Yohan would have 2 jobs pronto in the US. He's not stupid...he knows that in the US, one can earn much more than one can as questionable chicken seller or resort personal gigolo trainer.

Every Dominican I know works his or her butt off. 

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, Zombness said:

Yohan, your laid back island style does not apply at all in the US.  Work, work, work is what we do here.

And usually the work doesn't include meat covered in flies. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1