Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

Reading "Beatrix Potter, Drawn To Nature" out of the library, a large, hardbound book based on the BP exhibit at the V & A Museum in London. May buy it. Beautifully produced and bound, the art is irresistible, and there's more to BP than many folks know. This was nice for me. I've had trouble reading almost anything ever since the pandemic started. I'll get a chapter or two in, and that's it. Is 90DF melting my brain?    

My brain is mush, reading a novella by David Duchovny and I can only do 5 pages at a time. However I can spend hours on click bait or candy crush

• Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4

I had quite a few singing jobs at Mt Fuji, a Japanese restaurant which was originally a tea house that was imported from Japan.  It is on top of a mountain in N Y State.   I worked there with a Japanese piano player and Japanese bass player (great players I know and hired especially for this).  They said Hibachi doesn't exist in Japan.   Our restaurant has a large lounge (where we were) and a hibachi room in the original part of the building.  Their sushi is great. ( I never eat when I sing, but I don't eat sushi at all).  My co-workers were over the moon with the food.  The authentic food - no hibachi.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

Reading "Beatrix Potter, Drawn To Nature" out of the library, a large, hardbound book based on the BP exhibit at the V & A Museum in London. May buy it. Beautifully designed and produced, the art is irresistible, and there's more to BP than many folks know. This was very nice for me. I've had trouble reading almost anything ever since the pandemic started. I'll get a chapter or two in, and flake. Is 90DF melting my brain?    

The first year, with lockdown? Couldn't read much at all. I read a lot, but I spent a lot of time commuting and read for hours a day while I was traveling back and forth. Took awhile to get used to reading at home. 

6 minutes ago, Gobi said:

"I didn't want to stand you up but I tested positive for Covid. And my dog ate my driver's license. And my grandmother died. And I lost my glasses."

"I had to go to my nephew's hockey game."

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

Check the couples thread.

I know three of the “single” women are still married and I have a pretty good idea who is getting divorced, I just mean the whole premise of the show is supposed to be UNMARRIED people looking for love. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

My aunt married at 16, she never got an education and dude was super abusive. She got out but my mom always raised me to never rely on a man, always toldme to work, get an education, have my own money etc. Men who don’t want you to work and have your own money want to control you…period

• Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

My aunt married at 16, she never got an education and dude was super abusive. She got out but my mom always raised me to never rely on a man, always toldme to work, get an education, have my own money etc. Men who don’t want you to work and have your own money want to control you…period

I got and continue to give the same advice.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5