Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day: The Single Life Live Chat

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Off topic: My 98yo father’s girlfriend died last week. They lived together for 17 years and did a lot of caregiving when she got ill. Her daughter didn’t even mention him in the obituary and I’m pissed. The daughter (62yo, lived far away) didn’t get a long with my dad. Thoughts?

People are people. Funerals bring out a not so good side of them. Your dad's girlfriend made him happy. Be there for him. The daughter is unlikely to change.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Off topic: My 98yo father’s girlfriend died last week. They lived together for 17 years and did a lot of caregiving when she got ill. Her daughter didn’t even mention him in the obituary and I’m pissed. The daughter (62yo, lived far away) didn’t get a long with my dad. Thoughts?

Maybe you can help him set up a memorial site or page and invite friends to make comments ? This must hurt him very deeply. Did she know how close they were? I say help him find his own path to healing.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Gobi said:

"Life is short, it could have been taken away. So, we should have sex now."

“Life is short & so am I … let’s bang” - sleazy PrEd 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

So sad. I might find a poem or song that meant a lot to them and put it on a plaque with her photo. He could display it in his home. People can be cruel. I’ve seen people leave children off of obits. 😔

• Love 5

I'm sitting in my living room eating homemade keto meatloaf and steamed spinach. I can't imagine wanting to sit up straight and smile, make small talk and seem interested in anything but this meal and the tv. 
And that is why I don't date. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@Auntie Anxiety I am so sorry. It must be very tough on your dad. 

My dad doesn’t even know about the obit. It’s all online. She died in Philly 10 days after her daughter insisted on bringing her there from Florida because it was convenient for the daughter. I went to the legacy website and posted a nice message, included my dad’s name and referred to him as her devoted companion and occasional caregiver for the last 17 years. “Fuck you” was implied.

• Love 13

Didn't Ed arrange for there to be only one bed in his and Liz's room and then lie to her about the hotel screwing up because there were supposed to be two? I seem to remember that, which makes me think I wouldn't put it past him to have arranged for the gunshots.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I'm glad that they had each other. 

Place an In Memoriam notice that highlights them as a couple. Place it in their town and in daughter's town. It will be worth the money. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

My dad doesn’t even know about the obit. It’s all online. She died in Philly 10 days after her daughter insisted on bringing her there from Florida because it was convenient for the daughter. I went to the legacy website and posted a nice message, included my dad’s name and referred to him as her devoted companion and occasional caregiver for the last 17 years. “Fuck you” was implied.

You handle it the way you wish to. People are crappy. Weddings and funerals are the homes of family feuds. Remember the lady as you want and do something special.

• Love 8

I was reading an article about Courtney Stodden and they are starting To see they were groomed as a prize mare for their  creepy husband. People teased them relentlessly….they were a child. It’s interesting how things have changed in the last 10 years.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 3