Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E05: Week 5

• Start Topic

(edited)

Ouch, Katie outsourcing breaking the news to the guys. This awkward silence as Blake stands there rambling about negative energy as the guys glare at him is cracking me up. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Ouch, Katie outsourcing breaking the news to the guys. This awkward silence as Blake stands there rambling about negative energy as the guys glare at him is cracking me up. 

I was that surprised all of the guys were relatively silent—especially once Blake got the date card. But I expect that we’ll get cut scenes of the date, then back at the house with the guys riling each other up Wrong Reasoning about Blake.

• Love 2

“They do have chemistry “ voice over as Blake and Katie are rolling on the ground making out… instant chemistry or are they both downplaying just how well they already know each other?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

HeNs all about consent but the he’s totally grabbing her ass as they are dancing.  I think that roll in the hay may have gone way past just making out.  

Loved Greg and Connor snuggling on the couch.  

• Love 2

I always wonder why the contestants still cry about being booted off of the current seasons of American Idol. Being relegated to the musical guest on The Bachelorette is about all the latest winners are getting from the prize.  

• Love 1

Blake’s a wildlife manager (whatever that is?)  but has never ridden a horse?  And is terrified of horses?  If they are going to bring in these has-beens why don’t they bring theM in on night one?  

Katie’s outfits are awful.  It’s like she has no stylist.  I love a casual look but her flannels don’t even fit her well. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Promos led us to believe that it was Hunter who tackled someone and the medics were called. It was actually Justin, whom I think, really did feel badly. When I saw it was Michael A all I could think about was his young son. Glad he's okay. 

Edited by ECM1231
  • Love 12

This is f’cking reckless! I hate that they do these violent “challenges” in embarrassing outfits every damn season! How the fuck are they allowing these people to full-on tackle each other without any helmets or other protective gear! They’re lucky Michael didn’t break his neck! 

• Love 20
(edited)

Those physical competitions are always awful.  And why make them wear wrestling singlets?

eta, they dislike seeing other guys with her on this date…if they’d seen her and Blake, a lot of them would just leave.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 1

I do not understand the attraction to Blake.  Katie must think he really wants to be there since he came for her.  The guys have her convinced half the guys are like Thomas and not there for her.  Blake comes along and makes Katie feel like he is definitely there for her.  

• Love 11

I hate these stupid challenges that combine being physically painful with being embarrassingly degrading. So unpleasant. This seems especially dangerous, they’re lucky that the injury was minor, poor guy.

• Love 18

Why are they all suddenly pulling out gimmicks again?! Playing a ukulele. Wrapping yourself in toilet paper in case sh!t goes down?! Talking in sports terminology to go to first base? Pictures of kids…ok, I’ll allow that one—but did we know Hunter had kids??

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I hate these stupid challenges that combine being physically painful with being embarrassingly degrading. So unpleasant. This seems especially dangerous, they’re lucky that the injury was minor, poor guy.

And unlike other seasons…if you have to go to the hospital, you are off the show since you will be out of the bubble.  

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

So is this Hunter guy a nice guy or not?  He’s kind of Neanderthal looking and seems pretty confident  cocky.

But tonight’s my first night watching.

No, I don’t think any of us like Hunter?? I haven’t seen any pro-Hunter comments. Favorites seem to be Greg, Connor, Michael, and Andrew, who is going on his 1:1 date next!

100 extra points to Greg for having empathy for Michael!

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Why are they all suddenly pulling out gimmicks again?! Playing a ukulele. Wrapping yourself in toilet paper in case sh!t goes down?! Talking in sports terminology to go to first base? Pictures of kids…ok, I’ll allow that one—but did we know Hunter had kids??

Yes, we did. He did mention previously that he was divorced and had kids. I think it was at that group date where they all told their secrets. Nick Viall moderated.

Producer interference made Katie give Hunter that group date 🌹.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Most of them are good guys.  Liked Greg.  Michael is such a great, emotionally mature guy.   Either would make a good bachelor if they don’t end up with Katie.   

Hunter?   What was she thinking?   I thought he was delusional in his talking heads, but clearly there is something there.  

• Love 9

Oh, Hunter is going to be the next one Aaron Wrong Reasons! When are they going to catch on that Aaron stirs up all the drama and targeting people?

• Love 4
(edited)

What a conversation WRT: Michael A’s wife. I actually teared up.  He and Greg are definitely too good for Katie, but I do give her credit for stopping the game when Michael was tackled so hard.

Edited by CraftyHazel
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, Hunter is going to be the next one Aaron Wrong Reasons! When are they going to catch on that Aaron stirs up all the drama and targeting people?

I was thinking the same thing! Aaron just needs to have a target, other than the "real" target, which is Katie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I wish the guys would just walk out. I stopped watching when she went through her sex positive story again and then starting rolling around in the hay. I’ll just have to read along here because this season is wasted on Katie. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

This set up is actually pretty cute, and Katie and Andrew have nice chemistry. He seems like a good guy. 

I agree. This is a cute date and all the questions are a good way to get to know one another better. I love Andrew's smile.

• Love 12

That date with Andrew was absolute perfection! That was an amazing, adorable way to get to really know someone, and Andrew was an absolute doll. 

• Love 20