Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E05: Week 5

• Start Topic

Unfortunately I don’t think Greg is “the one”. No one wants to date or be married to someone that they think has “resting sad face”.    I think his shyness has gone from being  “cute” to Katie to just being kind of boring.   Too bad, as he seems like a great guy.

Ukelele guy needs to start buttoning up his shirts.   Does he teach HS math dressed like that? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

We’re all in on Andrew in my household! My 25-year-old is saying that if Andrew is Bachelor, she would apply, my 13-year-old is saying she would nominate her, and I’m over here saying I’ve always told you to never go on this show, but I would 100% back her for Andrew!

BTW, my daughter also has a friend of a friend who dated Greg, and he apparently is just as sweet and genuine as he appears on TV.

I hope Katie doesn't pick Andrew because he would make a great bachelor. It would be great to tune in for the right reasons (and  not be zoning out or cleaning during the next season). 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, adore said:

I hope Katie doesn't pick Andrew because he would make a great bachelor. It would be great to tune in for the right reasons (and  not be zoning out or cleaning during the next season). 

Andrew is awesome.  But I’m hoping if Katie doesn’t choose him that he will show up for Michelle’s season. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Hunter screams Napoleon Complex. That said, in the time some of these guys were sitting around complaining about Hunter being annoying, they could have used it to you know, go and get time with Katie.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 19
Just now, TheFinalRose said:

Um, Hunter's interrupter is wearing a black turtleneck, black suit, slicked back hair and a silver necklace. What is this guy thinking with his getup? I'm sorry I don't know his name. 

That’s box boy.  

Who is that guy with Hunter and Quartney?   I could swear I haven’t seen him before this episode.  

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, TheFinalRose said:

Um, Hunter's interrupter is wearing a black turtleneck, black suit, slicked back hair and a silver necklace. What is this guy thinking with his getup? I'm sorry I don't know his name. 

I do like his eyebrows though.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, TheFinalRose said:

Box boy James 

• Love 1

Thank goodness we are getting a rose ceremony!

James, “getting a rose would give me confidence going into next week”…. Well, if you don’t get that rose, you aren’t going into next week LOL.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Can’t she tell he just says what he thinks she wants to hear?  (Blake). He sounds so fake, and there is no way this is real.  It is creepy and weird.  I don’t know why the other guys have to waste their time.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Are you saying you’re not enamoured with his ‘90s R&B boy band meets a mobster look?

• LOL 14
(edited)

Does anyone actually find Blake attractive? I find him to be completely unattractive on every level.

Team Andrew all the way, by which I mean I hope he’s not chosen so he doesn’t have to be locked into a farce relationship and can date someone wonderful when this is over. Or even better, be the next Bachelor if this ridiculous show isn’t canceled.

Edited by rlc
  • Love 15

Shockingly, the guy we’ve seen most gets the rose! Next thing you’ll tell me, the guy on the away mission with no name and a red shirt on is the only one who gets eaten by the alien! 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Do they always do that?  Stop —dramatic music — “gentlemen, this is the final rose”????   LIKE WE/THEY DON’T KNOW THAT??!!!😂😂😂

OMG, only for the last 20+ seasons!  I was hoping that trope would be retired along with Chris Harrison, but no such luck.

• Love 5

Watching late, and I'm only 30 minutes  in.  All the guys waiting to see who gets the one on one date, in walks Blake. And he gets the date?  So, all these guys waiting, hoping to be worthy of her attention. But no, she's saving them for the humiliating group date! None of them are worthy enough. She brought along a NEW guy! (New in the house, she seems to know him).  Why aren't they all storming out, pissed off at her? Do any of them really think that someone who cares about them would treat them so callously? 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Rebky said:

Who in the actual hell is Blake???? 

Blake was on Claire's season, allegedly was in love with her before it started. Then she walked off with Dale, and Blake paused, considered leaving, decided to stay, and fell for Tayshia. Tayshia didn't choose him. Then, he watched the Bachelor and fell for Katie.  He is determined to land a Bachelorette,  no matter how many seasons it takes.

Personally  I find him odd looking, and I think without the beard his face would be even more weird.  I also don't think he's sincere. I think this was all planned ahead of time.

This is also not the first time some "twist" is introduced just before a competitive group date. All planned to make sure the guys are hyped up and aggressive. 

• Love 23
(edited)

So if Katie knew that her "husband is in the room" before Blake showed up, then in set-theoretical terms Blake cannot be her husband. Or, if she admits she was wrong when she said that, that means none of the original contestants are her husband. So much BS and manipulation, do TPTB think we're stupid?

Those group date outfits were the most humiliating thing I've seen on this show, and I've been watching for a very long time. And then Katie remembers only *after* Michael gets hurt that if someone has to go to the hospital, they'd be off the show because of the bubble. THEN HOW ABOUT NOT HAVING THIS STUPID GROUP DATE IN THE FIRST PLACE, FFS?!?!

I noticed when Katie asked Connor B. whether he would accept the rose, he said "yes, absolutely" but shook his head no. I hope Aaron picked up on that so that he can call out yet another man for being there for the wrong reasons.

There was a very handsome man in a gray suit who didn't get a rose. He had very little camera time, but was shown giving Michael a hug after Michael shared his story with the group.

The date with Andrew was really sweet but Katie's outfit was hideous - a lamé blouse with skinny faux-leather jeans, knee-high boots, and jangly rhinestone belt. Did ABC have to raid the wardrobe of an 80s soap opera in these desperate times?

5 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Wait. Blake is a wildlife manager?

How does one manage wildlife? I thought the definition of wildlife is that it's wild and not "managed."

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, clubsauce said:

Katie’s type is apparently Cro-Magnon.

Oh definitely!  Hunter is in desperate need of Mucinex and is one casting call away from being a Geico commercial caveman.  When I saw that she kept Hunter and sent the stunningly gorgeous, smart and way too good for her Andrew M home, I was so disappointed in her decision making- there goes my Bachelorette contestant crush.  I don't even think Katie is really looking for a husband, she's just looking for mind blowing sex- they should've put her on Bachelor in Paradise instead. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Love Greg and Michael A.  Why the hell did Hunter get the rose?  

Because there are “drama” roses and “love” roses.  I think the producers are responsible for the “drama” rose choices, hence Hunter getting the rose.

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

How does one manage wildlife? I thought the definition of wildlife is that it's wild and not "managed."

He's probably an exterminator. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • LOL 23
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Thumper said:

I just clicked over and those outfits the guys are wearing to play — whatever it is — are obscene and objectifying.    The stupid hearts on their butts?? Ugh.   I don’t like it when they do it to women; I don’t like it when the do it to men.

Agreed.  I don't normally watch this show... but I was channel surfing last night.  I get that if you're going to appear on a show like this, you have to have a certain mentality and personality and not be afraid of how you're going to look on TV.  But these outfits were ridiculous.  Tight wrestling singlets to play some kind of rugby game?  With the butts cut out, revealing tight underwear with hearts on them?  Truly demeaning.  They might as well have made the guys drop their pants and measured everyone's penises on camera.   Or just simply forced them to play naked.  If the next edition of the Bachelor made the women dance while wearing pasties and butt floss and nothing else, I'm sure people would be complaining.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, blackwing said:

If the next edition of the Bachelor made the women dance while wearing pasties and butt floss and nothing else, I'm sure people would be complaining.

On Farmer Chris's season, there was a group date where the women had to ride tractors through the streets of LA wearing only bikinis. There was a huge uproar about that, but it now seems tame in comparison to last night's "bash ball" date.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Oh definitely!  Hunter is in desperate need of Mucinex and is one casting call away from being a Geico commercial caveman.  

Hunter reminds me of a very unsexy Zach Roloff.  When Katie's chipmunk cheeks and his mug come together for a kiss, I have to use the mental bleach.  There's sex positive, and then there's just plain indiscriminate. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I haven't watched this show in probably 15 years, and just happened upon it this year on Hulu.

I hate Blake.  He's totally a type that I want to punch every time I see them.  He also has crazy eyes.

Hunter is a jerk, through and through. He reminds me of some character from a movie or something, but, I can't quite place him.

I am totally team Greg.  I love that he seemed very genuine, and he didn't seem at all discomfited about crying in front of the other guys.  I hate the idea that guys have to be these strong, non-emotional stereotypes, so, I really appreciated that.

That said, I hope he doesn't end up with Katie, because, just, no.  She's irritating me.  Especially with the whole Blake thing.  I kind of hope he doesn't become the next Bachelor because I feel like I would end up lowering my opinion of him, and I'd rather he just go home, and in six months meet a really nice woman where he lives and we get updated after their wedding in a couple of years. 

• Love 7

I've posted this before, but I can't get this out of my head.   Blake said when he first saw Katie on The Bachelor, he was attracted to her.   Now, she was one of how many women who stepped out of the limo, said hello, did a little intro, and said "see you inside". What was different, unique, about Katie, as opposed to the other 2 dozen women?  Her hair?  her body?  her dress?  sparking personality?   No, Katie brought along a dildo and made a sex joke!   Said she'd been masturbating, and wanted to meet a man so she didn't need the dildo any more!  And Blake thought, "wow!  that's the girl for me!"  

Enough said.   Weirdo meets weirdo.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, eyelash said:

Hunter reminds me of a very unsexy Zach Roloff.  When Katie's chipmunk cheeks and his mug come together for a kiss, I have to use the mental bleach.  There's sex positive, and then there's just plain indiscriminate. 

hahaha  great description of both of them 😆! In addition to Hunter, I also find Tre to be very average looking and I don't know why she gave the last rose to Tre rather than the super hot/smart Andrew M.  Blake's head is shaped like a peanut M & M, but he's perfect for Katie since they're both impulsive, self absorbed, hyper sexual and they both overuse the word "like" in conversation.   I don't think Hunter will go far in this and his hideous chest tattoos add to my zero attraction to him. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

I guess I am in the minority, but I thought the date with Andrew was weird and uncomfortable.  Contrived. Producers worked hard to make a child’s birthday party.  Guys always act so stupid on these dark walk-in the-woods dates. You’re scared?  What could you possibly be scared of?  Katie is walking beside you in high-heeled boots. I am glad she gave him a rose, because he seems like a nice guy.  

Greg is giving me “brother” vibes.  Michael is giving me “cousin.”  Sadly, I don’t think Michael is ready to move on.  He referred to his “wife” instead of his “late wife.”

Edited by Just Carol
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I've posted this before, but I can't get this out of my head.   Blake said when he first saw Katie on The Bachelor, he was attracted to her.   Now, she was one of how many women who stepped out of the limo, said hello, did a little intro, and said "see you inside". What was different, unique, about Katie, as opposed to the other 2 dozen women?  Her hair?  her body?  her dress?  sparking personality?   No, Katie brought along a dildo and made a sex joke!   Said she'd been masturbating, and wanted to meet a man so she didn't need the dildo any more!  And Blake thought, "wow!  that's the girl for me!"  

I think he’s attracted to Katie because shes the bachelorette du’jour and thats all that matters to him. Nothing else, just an association with the leading lady is all that attracts him. He likes the lime light, and since he cant be the bachelor, he wants to plop himself in the middle of any bachelorette season using any means necessary. He’s the epitome of wrong reasons, Feigning love and attraction , for the spotlight.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

I guess I am in the minority, but I thought the date with Andrew was weird and uncomfortable.  Contrived. Producers worked hard to make a child’s birthday party.  Guys always act so stupid on these dark walk-in the-woods dates. You’re scared?  What could you possibly be scared of?  Katie is walking beside you in high-heeled boots. I am glad she gave him a rose, because he seems like a nice guy.  

Greg is giving me “brother” vibes.  Michael is giving me “cousin.”  Sadly, I don’t think Michael is ready to move on.  He referred to his “wife” instead of his “late wife.”

I also thought that the date with Andrew was very weird and uncomfortable; all of the dates make me, as a jaded spinster- laugh out loud because they are so unrealistic and thought up by some bubbly producer or set assistant.  I want real dates: eating a meal at Denny's or going to Safeway to buy trash bags and a rotisserie chicken, not this flowery bullshit!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Is is my imagination, or is this one of the saddest Bachelorette seasons ever?  These guys don't seem to be happy or having fun.  Maybe it's the bubble.

The resort they're staying at is probably boring, and unlike a typical Bachelor(ette) season, they don't even have exotic locations to look forward to.

19 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Ouch, Katie outsourcing breaking the news to the guys. This awkward silence as Blake stands there rambling about negative energy as the guys glare at him is cracking me up. 

I'm positive that was a producer thing: "Let's let Blake tell them himself."

I could see why Blake immediately got an individual date: Katie probably wanted to see if there was something worth pursuing. A couple of seasons back, I remember some guy showing up midway through and the Bachelorette (maybe Hannah Brown?) letting him in the house, giving him an individual date, then quickly deciding he was a dead end and dumping him.

Hunter is getting the Olivia-from-Ben's-Season edit, i.e. lots of talking head shots about "I'm already the winner. All the other contestants are just wasting our time and need to leave NOW so Ben/Katie and I can get on with our life together," which is then followed by a humiliating exit a few episodes later. Rinse and repeat.

Gee, a spur-of-the-moment athletic contest featuring live tackling by a bunch of guys of varying athletic levels who don't know each other's abilities and have convinced themselves they have an emotional stake in the outcome. What could POSSIBLY go wrong? One of these seasons, some idiot is going to seriously hurt someone and, medical release or no, Fleiss and ABC are going to have a big lawsuit and a ton of bad publicity on their hands.

• Love 5

Just random thoughts from the doghouse…Whenever I see Blake, the words “stranger danger” flash in my head. 

I wouldn’t  be surprised if Hunter’s wife left him because of his temper, not because he was working too much. He reminds me of rumplestiltskin from the Grimm’s brothers or maybe a gremlin. 

I don’t see any chemistry between Katie and Tre, so maybe the producers asked her to keep him. 

Katie’s “hi, everybody” is like nails on a chalk board. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

17 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Are you saying you’re not enamoured with his ‘90s R&B boy band meets a mobster look?

I can see that, but all I could think of while watching was an Aleister Crowley/1920's occult priest, lol

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

I think he’s attracted to Katie because shes the bachelorette du’jour and thats all that matters to him. Nothing else, just an association with the leading lady is all that attracts him. He likes the lime light, and since he cant be the bachelor, he wants to plop himself in the middle of any bachelorette season using any means necessary. He’s the epitome of wrong reasons, Feigning love and attraction , for the spotlight.

I agree with all of this, but I also think that in the back of his mind he thinks maybe he can Nick Viall his way into being the bachelor--keep showing up and eventually they'll give him the gig.  I would hope that that's not a possibility, but you never know with this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6