Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E05: Week 5

• Start Topic

I'm starting to think The Bachelor is doing Hunter a bit dirty. In addition to leaving in the tics without the explanation, I just saw part of an Instagram post from Hunter about his journey to sobriety and I compared it to this episode.  In the Instagram post he's surprisingly attractive where I think he's kind of ugly on this show.

He also appeared likable and interesting. 

I've had my opinion flip on contestants before but never with one post.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm starting to think The Bachelor is doing Hunter a bit dirty. In addition to leaving in the tics without the explanation, I just saw part of an Instagram post from Hunter about his journey to sobriety and I compared it to this episode.  In the Instagram post he's surprisingly attractive where I think he's kind of ugly on this show.

He also appeared likable and interesting. 

I've had my opinion flip on contestants before but never with one post.

100% .  The producers are so gung ho on having a ‘villain’.  They’ll craft it from any narrative.  Did I think that Hunter was kind of a jerk in the last episode? Yeah.  He was being selfish with the time at the RC.  However if he really digs Katie and wants to spend more time with her to see if they are compatible for an engagement then what actually is wrong with that?  This whole episode was full of Frankenbites and bad editing.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, LBS said:

100% .  The producers are so gung ho on having a ‘villain’.  They’ll craft it from any narrative.  Did I think that Hunter was kind of a jerk in the last episode? Yeah.  He was being selfish with the time at the RC.  However if he really digs Katie and wants to spend more time with her to see if they are compatible for an engagement then what actually is wrong with that?  This whole episode was full of Frankenbites and bad editing.  

I agree, but I’m wondering if there isn’t a large aggressive side to his persona. The editing monkeys are probably involved a lot. But hey, Katie gave him the rose, so maybe a lot was left on the editing floor. 

I just have a bad feeling that Katie is going to make a bunch of stupid decisions soon that are not in her best interests in the long run (well, that’s what happens most of the times on this show)

• Love 4

I can see what Katie means when she said Greg has “ resting sad face .” He reminds me of Ryan Gosling a little for reasons I’m not sure of but maybe it’s in the eyes . Ryan Gosling also has that bashful , oh shucks look . Greg lives in my town so hoping to see him out ! He is cute and seems like a sweet guy . 

• Love 6
On 7/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, Jax7917 said:

I can see what Katie means when she said Greg has “ resting sad face .” He reminds me of Ryan Gosling a little for reasons I’m not sure of but maybe it’s in the eyes . Ryan Gosling also has that bashful , oh shucks look . Greg lives in my town so hoping to see him out ! He is cute and seems like a sweet guy . 

They have similar hangdog faces and sad puppy eyes. I can see why Greg was offended, but Katie wasn't wrong. Smiling changes his entire face, it's very striking.

• Love 2