Type keyword(s) to search

Rachel & Doug: The Third Violent Convict is the Charm

• Start Topic

Rachel wants a man that will push her around.  She married Doug while he was in jail and is taking care of his child, Dougie.  Dougie has already informed us that his father is a controlling douche.  I am already thinking Britney should go on a BDSM site and find someone who will respect her safe word rather than abuse her.  

• Love 2

People on fb are saying they are no longer together, he’s with his ex and Dougie is back with the sister. 

Also, Rachel has an 11 year old son she didn’t want on the show. 

I have no idea if any of this is true but they mentioned interviews on YouTube and Instagram posts. I’m not invested enough or care enough to go looking. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Certainly not surprised if they are no longer together.  I am more surprised Doug isn't a guest of the state yet.  It makes me sad that Rachel let Dougie go back to Doug's sister who treats him like garbage.  Being tough on a child worked out so well for the rest of the family, why not destroy Dougie too? The world does not need another Doug Sr. 

• Love 5

It makes me sad that Rachel let Dougie go back to Doug's sister who treats him like garbage.

She probably didn't have a choice. She isn't his biological parent so she has no legal rights to him.

• Love 3

Doug has reportedly been arrested again, in a raid.  He had oodles of firerms and meth for distribution.  According to the article, the lead suspect (Doug?) jumped on a motorcycle, tried to leave the scene, crashed into a police vehicle and attempted to draw a weapon on law enforcement!  There were 3 raids and 7 people are in custody.  According to a Redditor, one of the addresses is the home of Doug's latest girlfriend.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Doug has reportedly been arrested again, in a raid.  He had oodles of firerms and meth for distribution.  According to the article, the lead suspect (Doug?) jumped on a motorcycle, tried to leave the scene, crashed into a police vehicle and attempted to draw a weapon on law enforcement!  There were 3 raids and 7 people are in custody.  According to a Redditor, one of the addresses is the home of Doug's latest girlfriend.

I’m sure it’s all a silly misunderstanding.

• LOL 9
11 hours ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

Also found this on their relationship.

This is from the spoiler link, but not a spoiler -

Ha, that letter he sent to his mom to post... lots of good stuff -my favorite is: 

Hey Mom whats up why have you not wrote me back?

His mom was not writing him back!  And then she posts THAT info onto facebook for the world to see, along with his note to his friends and family.  HAHA

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/15/2021 at 3:23 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

Shocking. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2021 at 12:19 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

It makes me sad that Rachel let Dougie go back to Doug's sister who treats him like garbage. 

• I don't think that's the case at all.  Rachel is not related to Dougie; he has two parents.  Rachel cannot win.
  • No matter what kind of horror he is, at that point Doug must have had custody.  Would YOU want to argue with him--about anything?
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Back Atcha said:
  • I don't think that's the case at all.  Rachel is not related to Dougie; he has two parents.  Rachel cannot win.
  • No matter what kind of horror he is, at that point Doug must have had custody.  Would YOU want to argue with him--about anything?

Where is Dougie's mother - do we know? Dead? Prison? Took off and left Dougie?

According to this article, Rachel does have custody of Dougie. It seems she adopted Dougie early in the marriage which is likely why he can live with her.  I don't recall if the adoption was mentioned on the show which, if not stated, would lend credence to the idea that she has no legal standing. With a finalized adoption, she does.  And yes, unfortunately, that does keep Doug in her life, but at least Dougie is in a more stable environment and not with people who think the best way to toughen up a child is by abusing them. 

On the show it was stated that Dougie's mother is a junkie who left.  Don't know any more than that. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

According to this article, Rachel does have custody of Dougie. It seems she adopted Dougie early in the marriage which is likely why he can live with her.  I don't recall if the adoption was mentioned on the show which, if not stated, would lend credence to the idea that she has no legal standing. With a finalized adoption, she does.  And yes, unfortunately, that does keep Doug in her life, but at least Dougie is in a more stable environment and not with people who think the best way to toughen up a child is by abusing them. 

On the show it was stated that Dougie's mother is a junkie who left.  Don't know any more than that. 

I really hope she did adopt him. That does give her the same legal standing as a biological parent and gives her an excellent shot at keeping custody until Dougie reaches 18, which I think is the best thing for him. CPS would consider placing Dougie with her as "fictive kin" (a family friend who isn't a biological family member) if no other family members would take him but it's much stronger for her to be his adoptive mom. Fingers crossed that Dougie Jr. stays with her and Doug Sr. stays the hell away from both of them.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I don't recall if the adoption was mentioned on the show which, if not stated, would lend credence to the idea that she has no legal standing.

I think it was mentioned in sort of a "talking head" after the show was over.  Rachel was considering adoption and mentioned that she was still married.  I think she said she might maintain the marriage if she could adopt Dougie.  Then we saw a photo of her and a bigger/older Dougie.  They looked like a normal family.

• Love 2

None of this story makes sense. I don’t think Dougie was actually adopted by Rachel, it’s  likely she just has guardianship. If Rachel actually adopted him, she would have the same rights as a birth mother and there wouldn’t be any custody battle with a father set to be in prison for years. Blood doesn’t mean anything when an adoption has occurred. The rest of the family wouldn’t have a claim when he has a safe environment with his legal mom. I doubt Doug’s family has the money, or the inclination, to go through a prolonged fight for Dougie. I would love to see the police records for that family. 

Edited by MakingBacon
On 10/26/2021 at 3:18 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Rachel makes poor choices but she is a good person. Doug is a piece of shit. He doesn’t care about his son, he just doesn’t want Rachel to have him. https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2021/09/love-after-lockup-doug-wages-custody-battle-against-rachel-from/

Can't say I'm surprised. Doug is a petty piece of shit. It's just too bad that Dougie will likely be the one to suffer because of it.

1 hour ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

Can't say I'm surprised. Doug is a petty piece of shit. It's just too bad that Dougie will likely be the one to suffer because of it.

Hopefully Dougie will stay with Rachel. Doug may maintain his parental rights in jail, but the kid has to live somewhere and no one else seems able or willing to take him in. I don't see social services moving him out of a safe, stable and loving home, especially since there's really nowhere else for him to go. Every state has a shortage of foster homes so it's not like there are foster families lined up to take him. 

I just re-read what I wrote. That is the saddest thing ever - that a kid who is what? 12 years old doesn't have more than one person in his life who is ready, willing and able to give him a safe, loving home. And he only has that one because his father met her on a prisoner dating site.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Hopefully Dougie will stay with Rachel. Doug may maintain his parental rights in jail, but the kid has to live somewhere and no one else seems able or willing to take him in. I don't see social services moving him out of a safe, stable and loving home, especially since there's really nowhere else for him to go. Every state has a shortage of foster homes so it's not like there are foster families lined up to take him. 

I just re-read what I wrote. That is the saddest thing ever - that a kid who is what? 12 years old doesn't have more than one person in his life who is ready, willing and able to give him a safe, loving home. And he only has that one because his father met her on a prisoner dating site.

It is very sad. Dougie was telling anyone who would listen that his dad was and always will be a womanizer and not a great person. I think he is happy with Rachel and Rachel and her mother both seem to love and care for him. Dougie knew his dad would fuck up again, it is what he does best, and I think he was angry because he loves Rachel and wants to stay with her.  It is nice that Rachel is showing him love and the fact that she is no longer with his dad doesn’t change anything.  I wish them the best. Doug Sr. And his new flavour of the week can eat shit.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 5
On 10/28/2021 at 8:35 PM, Elizzikra said:

It is so sad. His future without Rachel is very bleak. I highly doubt a 12 year old boy from a troubled home would go to a foster family if it came to down to foster care. He'd end up in a group home with a bunch of other kids from the same type of troubled homes. At 18, he'd be dropped off somewhere with everything he owns in trash bags. You can see why most foster kids (especially ones who enter the system in their teens) don't do so well in life.

1 hour ago, Soobs said:

It is so sad. His future without Rachel is very bleak. I highly doubt a 12 year old boy from a troubled home would go to a foster family if it came to down to foster care. He'd end up in a group home with a bunch of other kids from the same type of troubled homes. At 18, he'd be dropped off somewhere with everything he owns in trash bags. You can see why most foster kids (especially ones who enter the system in their teens) don't do so well in life.

I think nearly every state has a shortage of foster families. It helps that Dougie doesn't have siblings (there is always an attempt made to place siblings together and of course, it's harder to place larger groups). If he doesn't have mental health diagnoses, that also helps. But yeah, the odds are pretty good that he'd be in a group home, some of which are better than others. Rachel's is the best place for him and honestly, I think that the child welfare system would be pretty invested in keeping him there despite Doug's attempts to get him to move elsewhere.

• Love 3

I was just reading about the charges pending against Doug.  They are shocking and he is dangerous and crazy.  I'll try to put a link to the reddit post here, but, be warned, it is not for the faint of heart....

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
trying to put spoiler alert.