Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Defend the Ranch

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Aww not Hoyt :( I really like the actor and wanted to see more of him. 

Well, no one will ever mistake Liam for being anything but a Walker since he's now been branded, heh. 

• Love 5

Oh, Hoyt!  You fell victim to the classic situation where you were the only (special) guest star amongst regulars in a perilous situation, where clearly someone had to die in order to make the lead feel bad going forward!  Fare thee well, buddy!  While I still felt like he was treated with kid gloves (especially by Abeline), Matt Barr was great in the role and I will miss him here.

At least Clint is finally done for as well.  I know he was suppose to be unlikable, but I was still getting tired of all of his speeches and preening, so thank you, Liam for taking care of that!  Of course, Liam didn't exactly have a great episode with getting shot and then having surgery performed on him by his niece and nephew of all people (with a phone assist from Trey), but if anything, this will probably help him gain support in his campaign!

Not sure what will happen to Trevor, since he finally did the right thing at the end, but still allowed a lot of bad stuff to happen before then.  At the very least, I'd like to think he and Stella are done for, but it's not like her judgement has been sound lately.

Bonham's cancer diagnosis is at least known to Abeline now.  We'll see if that changes anything.

Walker's turned in his badge for now.  I wonder how many episodes he'll be taking his leave of absence, because you know that won't last long.  Hopefully it won't cut back on any Micki time!

• Love 4

Bye bye my eye candy - saw that one coming!  Shame they killed off one of their best players, but Matt Barr’s probably committed to Season 2 of Blood and Treasure, whenever that happens.  I shall definitely miss Team SassyBoots.    I am now transferring my MVP allegiances to the newly branded and blooded Liam.  Hats off to whoever did Keegan’s make-up in this ep, cos I felt green every time I looked at him, and I don’t do squeamish easily.  I actually liked Stella this ep - who’d a thunk?  She stepped up when she had to.  Poor little Auggie’s face, and Abeline’s cry when she realised Hoyt was hurt 😪  The angst was turned up to 11 this week.  I’m glad they brought out fighting Jared again though - more please!  All in all, this would have been an excellent season finale, as it was originally intended to be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Thank the Gods that Clint is gone. While I'm always up got great dramatics between antagonists, Clint wasn't a compelling character and his justifications for seeking vengeance on Cordell was pretty weak. Sorry bud, but you and your wife were criminals long before "Duke" showed up. Sad that she died, but that wasn't Cordell's doing. And nice how you had to drag your son into this and get him in trouble. Hoping that Trevor doesn't have to seriously pay for his father's actions. He seems like a decent kid when all is said and done.

I was sure than Bonham would be the one to bite it after finding out he has cancer, but  it had to be one of my pieces of eye candy. Hoyt was a sweetie and if he had to go, it was protecting his best friend and the family that took him in. And poor Liam... he really had a shitty day, but props to him for being the one to shoot Clint.

Nice to see Action Jared and some realistic fighting (much preferable to the stylized fights in the original Walker that seemed to be more about letting Norris show off his moves). And taking a leave from his job is probably the best thing since he's still dealing with his wife's death, and now the repercussions of this case and the death of his best friend. I know that it won't be more than one of two episodes.

Edited by Hana Chan
Fixing an embarrassing typo
  • Love 6

Haven't seen the episode yet but I was accidentally spoiled so I know about Hoyt. I seriously hope they don't use his death as an excuse to put Walker and Geri together. A clearing of the playing field, as it were. I REALLY don't want to see them end up together. 

• Love 3

I suspected this would happen, but it sucks that they killed Hoyt. Poor guy, I will really miss him and the actor who plays him, he had a lot of charisma with more potential as a character, but I guess someone had to die during the ranch invasion. Really tense episode, I am glad that Walker is taking some time off. Him jumping right back into work after his wife died was a total mess, so taking some time away from the job after all of this seems like a really good idea. We know it wont be long until he goes back to work, but taking time off sounds right. They really dialed that angst up on this one, everyone in the Walker family needs a vacation or something. 

Liam especially needs that vacation, he had a real fuck of a time this episode. Getting shot, then operated on by his teenage niece and nephew, his family almost dying, having to shoot a guy, death of a family friend, but I guess this will at least make one hell of a campaign ad. I would vote for him just for killing Clint, a true public service. I am so relieved that he was killed and didn't get away to continue to be Walkers arch nemesis, I was so sick of his stupid speeches and his constantly blaming Walker for things that are clearly not his fault. The way he talks, Walker went up to his wife and shot her in cold blood, it was his and his wife's choice to be bank robbers. Its a dangerous job whether or not Walker was there in his job as an undercover cop, and it was Clint who insisted they do the last job, he was the leader, he could have stopped if he wanted to, but he didn't, because he was greedy. How dare Walker catch a gang of violent criminals in his job as a law enforcement officer, obviously he is the bad guy here. He didn't make Clint or his wife do what they did. Then bringing his own kid into it after being a criminal got his wife killed, what a piece of crap. I hope that this doesn't ruin Trevor's life, he seems like a decent kid who made terrible mistakes while being manipulated by his father. 

Nice to see Stella get a cool moment, running over a bad guy during the shoot out. 

• Love 4

I'd like to remember Hoyt in all of his special guest starring glory. I loved what he brought to the show (hotness and charm). It blows that his death is what will ultimately pave the way for guilt-free Walker/Geri pairing (TV writers do love a cliched romance subplot). 

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 6.35.36 PM.png

• Love 3
21 hours ago, wlk68 said:

Haven't seen the episode yet but I was accidentally spoiled so I know about Hoyt. I seriously hope they don't use his death as an excuse to put Walker and Geri together. A clearing of the playing field, as it were. I REALLY don't want to see them end up together. 

I have now seen the episode while I will definitely miss Hoyt can I just say that Liam has got some nice pecs? We got lot a lovely glimpse when he shot Clint. So glad he's finally gone. 

• LOL 1
21 hours ago, ZeeEnnui said:

I'd like to remember Hoyt in all of his special guest starring glory. I loved what he brought to the show (hotness and charm). It blows that his death is what will ultimately pave the way for guilt-free Walker/Geri pairing (TV writers do love a cliched romance subplot). 

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 6.35.36 PM.png

What really made it for me was the shimmery gold body glitter. He was so pretty in that scene. *sigh* 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/11/2021 at 3:52 AM, ukgirl71 said:

Matt Barr’s probably committed to Season 2 of Blood and Treasure, whenever that happens. 

Filming is already done but the network keeps pushing airings back, it was supposed to be summer 2020 then fall 2020 then this summer now it's "probably late 2021 or early 2022".  I really want to see it but at this point it's been so long I have no hope for it to go further than airing season 2 or ever getting a season 3 at all.

Matt Barr really deserves more attention than the gets, it's a shame he was used as the convenient red shirt family friend to give Walker more survivor angst.  Couldn't Geri have dropped by the ranch and gotten caught in the middle of the gunfight instead?

Pretty good episode for what would have been the first season finale if the network hadn't ordered additional episodes based on ratings.  I still think they threw too many plots and people into the show too fast.  And I definitely think they need to give both kids especially Stella some extra brains in the trusting people/think before taking action department.  Still it's early in the shows life and it's a fun watch, at least for now.

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/11/2021 at 4:25 PM, ukgirl71 said:

I would have loved to have seen a flashback episode about how Hoyt saved (presumably) Cordell when they were younger.  A good opportunity lost, unfortunately.

They could still swing it. In an upcoming episode, Walker could be reminiscing with Geri or they could all be sharing stories about Hoyt at his memorial service. There are ways. 

(edited)

And if Stella didn't be a shitty person and set up her dad for something SHE DID, leading to him taking that undercover Job Maybe that wouldn't have happened. If she had any remorse for her shitty lie, Walker would know already.  August sucks for sitting on the lie as well. The fact Stella tells Walker this shitty lie while putting on her fake tears Grrrrr.

I

Edited by Josh371982
  • Love 1