Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

S05•E02 - Footsteps

Ray Jr. becomes a little bit interesting around Ray Sr. Cora is boring.

“Why are you being so mean to me?”

“I’m not. That’s just my face.”

😂😂😂

Listen to Mrs. Crowder, Remy. Nobody likes a wiseass.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I enjoyed this episode: nothing gruesome, limited Smarmy Remy. I did not understand why they would leave Ray Senior in the house alone without protection - huge plot hole. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Unpopular opinion but I think this might be my favorite of the FBI’s.    I enjoy the COTW more on this show even with the high turnover.  I discovered all the season on Peacock of all places and rewatched the Jess Lacroix episodes and I found most of them at bare minimum entertaining.    I liked his gf that he got the last few episodes and wish that story could have continued.      

plus I really like Hana.

Remy is good enough even though his personal story does nothing for me and much preferred Jess and being a single father learning to live again over whatever is happening with Remy and his dead brother but it is still not enough to sour me on the show.    

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 3
On 2/23/2024 at 9:54 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Unpopular opinion but I think this might be my favorite of the FBI’s.    I enjoy the COTW more on this show even with the high turnover.  I discovered all the season on Peacock of all places and rewatched the Jess Lacroix episodes and I found most of them at bare minimum entertaining.    I liked his gf that he got the last few episodes and wish that story could have continued.      

plus I really like Hana.

Remy is good enough even though his personal story does nothing for me and much preferred Jess and being a single father learning to live again over whatever is happening with Remy and his dead brother but it is still not enough to sour me on the show.    

I think this show has the best cases of the 3 FBI shows - I find the cases to be usually the most suspenseful and interesting of the 3 shows, they have a lot of good twists and investigation. FBI original has my favorite characters and the cases are usually entertaining, but I think MW’s cases are a bit more compelling. International is definitely my least favorite of the FBI shows, but it has grown on me since it’s start.

I like both Jess and Remy, but neither of their personal lives are very interesting to me - Jess’ kid got way too much screen time at the start of the show, and I didn’t care for the story about Remy’s brother last season. 

• Like 4
On 2/25/2024 at 2:05 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I think this show has the best cases of the 3 FBI shows - I find the cases to be usually the most suspenseful and interesting of the 3 shows, they have a lot of good twists and investigation. FBI original has my favorite characters and the cases are usually entertaining, but I think MW’s cases are a bit more compelling. International is definitely my least favorite of the FBI shows, but it has grown on me since it’s start.

I like both Jess and Remy, but neither of their personal lives are very interesting to me - Jess’ kid got way too much screen time at the start of the show, and I didn’t care for the story about Remy’s brother last season. 

Interesting.  I never gave it a lot of thought, but I think I agree with you.  I like the original FBI best, but maybe that's because I like all of the characters.  I don't dislike any of the Most Wanted characters, but it doesn't bother me when the cast changes.  I'm not that invested in any of them.  But the stories are better, I think...  other than the family drama. I don't care for that in any of the versions.  I can't get into the International series.  Tried again this year and couldn't make it through the first episode.

• Like 3

I have the same problem with the International one. I think I've gotten through maybe one or two episodes, but I was only half paying attention. One involved an abducted tennis player, I think?

Remy kind of annoys me--and it doesn't help that he was a main villain in two seasons of L&O: Organized Crime, so I kind of have Richard Wheatley in my head when I see him. I like Hana, and Nina seems like a good fit for the team so far (not missing Kristin really). As others said, Ray got a little more interesting with meeting his father. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, preeya said:

Does anyone else think that Hanna's new roomie is not what she appears to be?

This times 1000! I thought the plot twist was going to be NewRoomie working with grieving insane widower. Even though she wasn't, I still think she's up to something.

Have none of these tech people seen 2001? Don't they know about HAL?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Very good and creepy episode. AI is scary shit. Very fascinating plot, couldn’t tell where it was going, I liked the twists it took and how they identified the perp. Good roles for the entire team in this episode. The killer was off his rocker but I felt a bit sorry for him at the end, he just went crazy after his wife’s death and the AI bot made things worse. It was a compelling story, this show has good cases.

I also wondered about Hana’s new roommate, and I kind of expected her to be involved with the case in some way. I wonder if something will happen with her. I liked the acknowledgment that Hana’s apartment has basically become a boarding house for FBI agents, Kenny lived there, then Ortiz, now Ray and now this new agent. 

• Like 5
13 hours ago, preeya said:

2/27/2024 S05E03

Does anyone else think that Hanna's new roomie is not what she appears to be?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was muttering, "Don't do it, Hana, don't offer... oh, hell," at the end.

2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Very good and creepy episode. AI is scary shit. Very fascinating plot, couldn’t tell where it was going, I liked the twists it took and how they identified the perp. Good roles for the entire team in this episode. The killer was off his rocker but I felt a bit sorry for him at the end, he just went crazy after his wife’s death and the AI bot made things worse. It was a compelling story, this show has good cases.

Agreed about the cases on MW. I think this edition has the most interesting cases. I keep wanting to like International, but none of the characters work for me since Jaeger left.

• Like 6

Glad that we're all on the Hana's new room mate possibly being a problem later on.  Hopefully not but I'm not getting warm fuzzies.

The COTW was good and does make you think about what could go wrong with AI.

• Like 6

S05•E03 - Ghost In The Machine

Dammit. This show has me worried about Poppy’s cat. Oliver is all alone now. 😢

Stories about smart home and AI goes rogue are always creepy. Who is creepier - Jeff Sherman the killer or Brian Borstone the perv?

Poppy should know better not to attend any meeting scheduled at a secluded hotel room at night, alone.

The way Nina talks to a witness (Alice Horvath) is quite unfriendly. Why is she so moody?

Hana is being unnecessarily generous to Kat Vaughn. As a Quantico graduate, Kat is not that resourceful in making personal arrangement. Kat is assigned to a cybercrime division, right? Maybe she will find out about Hana’s shady online activities in trapping pedophiles and humiliate them. That will put Hana in hot water.

• Like 2

At least Hana isn’t working directly with this new roommate. I don’t  why she thinks she needs roommates. She doesn’t act as if she’s hurting for money. 

I think the new roommate is shady and at the very least way too perky for Hannah to deal with. 

The only reason I can see for them giving Hana a roommate not previously on the team is because she's going to cause some trouble.  Not very subtle foreshadowing.

• Like 2

Something else I meant to say about Hana helping that girl... Why?  She doesn't know her, but she's going to put in a good word to get her hired? I'd want my recommendations to mean something and I wouldn't recommend someone unproven to me.  She'd just met the girl.  The she tells the girl she deserved the job...  Based on what?  The fact that she attended a lecture?  I know she felt she had to say something, but, how about a noncommittal "congratulations".

I thought Hana was more savvy than this. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Johannah said:

Something else I meant to say about Hana helping that girl... Why?  She doesn't know her, but she's going to put in a good word to get her hired? I'd want my recommendations to mean something and I wouldn't recommend someone unproven to me.  She'd just met the girl.  The she tells the girl she deserved the job...  Based on what?  The fact that she attended a lecture?  I know she felt she had to say something, but, how about a noncommittal "congratulations".

I thought Hana was more savvy than this. 

Completely agree. It is a clumsy way to get Hana into trouble. Doesn't fit with the street-smart Hana. 

• Like 2

There are maybe 4 directions this could be going concerning Hana's new roomie...

1.  Hana and her roomie are going to become friends, but the roomie is going to be a victim of a murder and Hana will be hell bent in capturing the killer.

2.  Someone on this forum said that the new roomie might figure out Hana's "side gig" setting up pedos.  So, maybe she's the one to bring this to light.

3.  The new roomie is a baddie and maybe is seeking revenge on Hana.  Maybe Hana helped put away someone close and dear to the roomie.

4.  I hope that this isn't the case, but maybe the new roomie is a "love interest" to Hana.  I got these vibes when they were having dinner and Hana gave the roomie a certain look. 

Whatever the reasons, it will be interesting to find out more about the roomie.

• Like 3

Good and creepy episode tonight. This perp was one of the sickest and creepiest they’ve had - a cannibal serial killer. I always like a good dark creepy case like this one, and it was a good investigation with nice work from the entire team. I think this show has the most interesting cases of the 3 FBI shows. This team gels well together, Nina is a good addition and I like all of the characters. 

So Barnes’ wife is cheating on her? I didn’t see that coming, I had a feeling they might be headed for a split but I didn’t see the infidelity angle coming. I don’t care much about personal stuff but I’m curious to see how this plays out. 

• Like 5

S05•E04 - Hollow

A solid and creepy case involving MMIW and cannibalism. The killer starts hunting and eating internal organs instead of getting the necessary treatment.

I like that tribal cop. He’s competent, motivated and passionate about his job. He cares… 👍🏻

Remy is a man of god? 👀

The location where Maya’s car breaks down, it looks so familiar. I think I have seen it in Dexter New Blood.

Sheryll needs a new, fresh personal arc. Why is she always having troubles at home - not very understanding wife, overbearing mother, unsupportive father? Charlotte carried their first child and Sheryll carried their second. Will these complicate their custody arrangement?

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Sheryll needs a new, fresh personal arc. Why is she always having troubles at home - not very understanding wife, overbearing mother, unsupportive father? Charlotte carried their first child and Sheryll carried their second. Will these complicate their custody arrangement?

I had the same thoughts.  She can't seem to catch a break.  I get her job keeps her away a lot but it just seems like shows always go this way.

I liked the tribal cop and I was fine with Mr. Cannibal not seeing a court room.  At some point, you either try proven treatments or not but murder/cannibalism should not fall under alternative treatment.

• Like 6

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Ghosts, FBI: Most Wanted, Grey’s, TWD, Chicago P.D., Station 19 and More!

Q: Are we going to find out what is going on with Nina on FBI: Most Wanted? For someone who seemed pretty excited about becoming a mother while on FBI, she hasn’t seemed real thrilled whenever the subject comes up on Most Wanted. Will this be addressed?

Quite possi-maybe! Showrunner David Hudgins tells Inside Line, “We will go home with Nina, Scola and the baby in an upcoming episode.”

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Hey...showrunners for FBI: Most Wanted....I have complained about this before but Tuesday's episode had me in a tither...Nina was wearing LEATHER (tight) pants while tracking down a killer in a remote rural area in the snow. It's bad enough that Remy is wearing a dress coat common amongst Wall Street brokers and Madison Ave executives but LEATHER pants? No one in an FBI field operation would be dressed like this...why can't you put some authenticity in these episodes? I mean,come on...leather pants in the snow? They were so tight she could barely run in them. I get that you have targeted this character as the sexy gal, but at the expense of some modicum of realism, this is just ridiculous.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4

Good episode tonight - that coal mine was creepy and a unique setting - that was an intense ending with them figuring out how to escape. Good case, I figured one of the parents had mob connections once it was discovered mobsters did it and that’s why the kids were kidnapped - that dad was scum to help those mobsters - I loved Remy’s fury with him, what a colossal moron. Good investigation, good case, this show delivers compelling cases on a weekly basis.

Don’t really care about Remy’s nephew Cory but I hope he doesn’t become a source of nonstop drama - don’t make him the family member always causing problems, he didn’t seem to take his legal trouble seriously and I’m afraid he’ll just be a pain for Remy. I don’t find Cory’s mom sympathetic at all - her keeping her mouth shut about the circumstances of Remy’s brother’s murder led to an innocent guy dying in jail and justice not being served for 20 years, and now she’s giving Remy attitude just because he’s helping Cory out, Cory has a right to be angry at her and she shouldn’t take it out on Remy. 

I wonder when we’ll hear about Barnes’ relationship problems again, kind of surprised they didn’t even mention it. 

• Like 5
On 2/14/2024 at 9:08 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

Ok...I just have to get this off my chest...Nina is ridiculous. The freshly highlighted hair and blown out to perfection along with the spandex top, tight black pants and two inch heel boots running around with a gun is absurd. I live in an area where there are many FBI special agents in our neighborhood. They look NOTHING like this! They usually wear pants that are government issue and like wise with the shirts. They don't wear normal attire unless they are doing an undercover operation. And they most certainly don't wear two inch heel black leather boots! This is the problem with mainstream network TV shows. They just aren't realistic in the portrayal of people in jobs like this. "Nina" is just too Hollywood for me...I never liked her character before and now I just find her comical.

It could be worst as many shows would put her in a wedge to hide the heel when at least with heels you can flex your foot.

S05•E05 - Desperate

This is a forgettable episode.

The Princeton ring is the case’s deus ex machina where Remy quickly jumps into conclusion that Ian is the 3rd bad guy.

Those scenes in the mine are too dark and claustrophobic. Nina’s knowledge of motor/engine/belt comes in handy.

Does Remy’s comm really work when he’s deep underground? He continues to communicate with Hana flawlessly despite the structures collapsing.

Dear Corey - please solve your personal problems offscreen. We aren’t interested. Thank you! 👌🏻

• Like 4

I really liked Season 5 Episode 5: Desperate.   All the characters worked for me and the story was interesting.  Yes you can nitpick but I usually prefer not to.   I liked the scenes with the teacher and the kids trapped in the mine and felt genuinely bad when teacher got killed and later when one of the kids walked past the kidnappers and said “they got what they deserved.”  I thought it was a good moment.

Yes it was fairly obvious that the dad was involved but it still hit all the right notes how quickly things devolved for him.  This wasn’t how things were supposed to go down.   No I didn’t feel sorry for him but I thought the reasons he did what he did made sense in a well…desperate way.  Dude was about to lose everything so he thought up a crazy kidnap plan that got waaaaaaayyyyyy out of control.    

And I thought the escape from the mine was the proper amount of nerve wracking for this kid of show.

Dont care about Remy’s back story.

• Like 6

I think the show is missing Kristin.  She was a tough character and I think the show needs this type of character besides Remy.  Besides, we never saw Kristin in tight jeans and boots chasing the bad guys.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I think the show is missing Kristin.  She was a tough character and I think the show needs this type of character besides Remy.  Besides, we never saw Kristin in tight jeans and boots chasing the bad guys.

I disagree, Kristin wasn’t that great of a fit IMO, she came off as rather cold and didn’t really have strong chemistry with the team. I’m really glad they brought in Nina, I liked her on original FBI and I’m glad they found a way to keep her around. She fits in better with the team than Kristin did I think. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I disagree, Kristin wasn’t that great of a fit IMO, she came off as rather cold and didn’t really have strong chemistry with the team. I’m really glad they brought in Nina, I liked her on original FBI and I’m glad they found a way to keep her around. She fits in better with the team than Kristin did I think. 

Agreed--I was never that into Kristin, and I feel Nina is a good fit.

• Like 2

New characters take awhile to mesh.  Nina is a good fit because she has a history in the FBI universe and when the franchise does the inevitable crossovers Nina and her relationship to Scola will always be an easy bridge.    

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Oh well, I guess I saw Kristin as a great fit.  They need a character that is "I'm kicking your ass" type and Kristin fits the bill.  I loved when Kristin first came on board and kind of let everyone know that she knew her stuff.  Kristin seemed like she would be second in command if Remy was away.  

• Like 1

I really liked both Kristen and Nina. Wouldn't mind getting rid of Remy. 

Haven't heard anything about Hana's roommate lately. Wonder when that will erupt?

• Like 5

Another strong episode tonight - very compelling case with a lot of moving parts but it all made sense in the end - the shooter went to the bar planning to kill the player so him and the coach could split the money from his will but things went wrong at the bar and he shot the two guys. I had a feeling the coach was going to play a big role and was hiding something from the start - he was a piece of shit. I liked how Remy and the team figured it all out. I didn’t feel much sympathy for Manny either, sure the coach was manipulating him but he was complicit in the whole thing and was plotting with coach to murder an innocent kid. Twisted case, this show delivers those on a weekly basis.

So they went back to Barnes’ relationship problems, not sure how that will work out, and I had a feeling Cory was just going to be a pain for Remy and it sounds like that’s what’s happening based on Remy’s frustrations at the end. Don’t really care about the personal stuff but I thought the end scene with Remy and Barnes was done well. I think this is my favorite of the 3 FBI shows - the cases are very strong, and the teams works well together. 

• Like 5

I knew it was the coach because the actor was Detective Fusco on Person of Interest (not a one minor scene actor).

Why would you want to shoot a college basketball star doing PR in a bar with dozens of people taking selfies with your picture on it? Very bad plan unless the coach was expecting the perp to get arrested or shot while committing the crime so coach would not have to share the money.

There have always been tons of rising stars that either had injuries on/off the court or drugs/gangbanging that kept them from making any money in the sport with no fallback. Most are not very bright to begin with.

College coaches not in Division 1 make crap for salary.

• Like 5

It was another good episode.....but, very predictable!  I knew that the shooter was going to be portrayed as a "someone made me do it" type of character.
  I figured the show was trying to make us feel sorry for the shooter.  The shooter was an adult and had choices, but chose wrong.

Yeah, the only personal story I'm interested is Hana's roomie.  The others not so much

On 3/24/2024 at 5:47 PM, LisaM said:

Wouldn't mind getting rid of Remy. 

I think Remy is what the unit needed!  Jess did things his own way and Remy does it his own way.  
  Remy is the type of character that has flaws but when you need him to find the bad guy, he will find them.  He's a tough guy and will not "have coffee with the bad guys". 

• Like 10
2 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I think Remy is what the unit needed!  Jess did things his own way and Remy does it his own way.  
  Remy is the type of character that has flaws but when you need him to find the bad guy, he will find them.  He's a tough guy and will not "have coffee with the bad guys". 

Nice to see someone else who likes Remy. I like him and think he’s a strong leader and I like the charisma and personality he brings to the show. I’ve liked each team member pretty good on this show, I liked Jess and his original team and I like Remy and the current team - both work well together. I can’t help but wonder if some of the Remy hate comes from the fact that the actor played irritating supervillain Wheatley on L&O:OC just before he played Remy, and some viewers who watch both shows were so fed up with Wheatley that they never gave Remy a chance. I was skeptical at first of how it would be because I hated the Wheatley crap but I like Remy and what he brings to the show and I have no trouble distinguishing Remy from Wheatley

• Like 10

S05•E06 - Fouled Out

Err Hana, that cigar cutter is a thumb/flash drive. It’s definitely NOT a hard drive. So silly. 🤦🏻‍♀️

The sports agent - Pete Lee, what a soft spoken guy! Am glad he isn’t harmed.

I have no sympathy for Manny. Radicalized or not, that guy has massive attitude problem and ego.

Hey Sheryll, don’t let yourself being gaslighted by Charlotte for her mistakes and change of heart.

• Like 3
On 3/27/2024 at 4:21 AM, UnknownK said:

I knew it was the coach because the actor was Detective Fusco on Person of Interest (not a one minor scene actor).

Fusco! I could not recall how I knew the actor. That's it! 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

S05•E06 - Fouled Out

Err Hana, that cigar cutter is a thumb/flash drive. It’s definitely NOT a hard drive. So silly. 🤦🏻‍♀️

The sports agent - Pete Lee, what a soft spoken guy! Am glad he isn’t harmed.

I have no sympathy for Manny. Radicalized or not, that guy has massive attitude problem and ego.

Hey Sheryll, don’t let yourself being gaslighted by Charlotte for her mistakes and change of heart.

I also had no sympathy for Manny, he was just as complicit as the coach was in their scheme to commit murder, and he had serious anger issues, he should’ve just said no to the coach’s scheme, but he was greedy and something of a psychopath I believe. It was a twisted plot and I liked how they figured it all out. This show has the best cases of the 3 FBI shows IMO.

1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

This show has the best cases of the 3 FBI shows IMO.

Yeah, I think so too. I like that their cases are darker and psychologically twisted.

My only worry for FMW is their cast turnover. They introduced the characters, we started to care and then poof! They’re gone, some without explanations (Clinton Skye and his parents).

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Yeah, I think so too. I like that their cases are darker and psychologically twisted.

My only worry for FMW is their cast turnover. They introduced the characters, we started to care and then poof! They’re gone, some without explanations (Clinton Skye and his parents).

Hopefully we'll find out WTH is going on behind the scenes of this show sooner rather than later.

• Like 1
On 3/28/2024 at 9:22 PM, Jaded said:

Hopefully we'll find out WTH is going on behind the scenes of this show sooner rather than later.

It probably has to do with money. 

• Like 1
(edited)
On 3/19/2024 at 9:22 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

S5: E5 Desperate. 3/19/24
High School debate team and teacher are kidnapped. 

Remy seemed way out of his depth this episode.  He was panicking from the minute he heard the ransom call.  He’s supposed to be an FBI agent - calm cool and collected. Jess would have never shown so much panic.  Where’s Aaron Hotchner when you need him?  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 2

Another pretty good episode last night, but it was extremely complex with all of the gang members involvement - I had a hard time keeping track of who was who. So did the gang leader order the abduction of the kid - I take it he did, since the dirty cop was on his payroll and I guess he got the info about where the prisoner transfer was taking place from him and sent his goons there to snatch the kid/shoot the cops, and then the kid’s hitman dad showed up and freed him from the kidnappers. It was very complex but an entertaining hour nonetheless. 

• Like 3