Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Aftermath

• Start Topic

(edited)

Kanan backstory... Useless Stormtroopers exist because Palpatine & Tarkin were too cheap...

When cloning Jango Fett, why mess with the DNA even more to create a girl?

Edited by paigow
  • Love 3
(edited)

I really did not like the Bad Batch when they appeared in Clone Wars. Now, with time, I like them a lot better.

Loved seeing the aftermath of Order 66. I’ve rewatching Clone Wars, so every time Crosshairs said “Good soldiers follow orders,” I knew where the story was heading.

Wonder what Omega’s enhancement is. I thought maybe she picked up on other abilities or emotions. We saw her brash and picked a fight like Wrecker. Shoot like Crosshair. She heard the clones and Crosshair walk up to the hanger like Hunter. Her convo with Crosshair was weird too-she knows about the chips but didn’t warn anyone.

Edit to say: Wonder if the girl child with Saw was Jyn Erso.

Order 66 always makes me sad for what could have been-would have loved to see Caleb with the Bad Batch. I was not expecting to see Caleb Dume and Depa Billaba to open this show. That wrecked me. Hearing Billaba actually screaming for him to run and then silenced was haunting. Also explains why 

Spoiler

Kana Jarrus was so terrified of Clones. He was chased down by two clones that had just taken out a platoon of clankers and saw they were enhanced. Actually seeing the moment that defines his life is going to cause me to choke up watching Rebels when he talks about it to Ezra. Definitely made the right decision by getting away from Hunter. Even with his skills, I doubt he could have gotten Caleb away safely.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, paigow said:

When cloning Jango Fett, why mess with the DNA even more to create a girl?

I actually thought she was a new clone not Jenga Fett.

2 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

That wrecked me. Hearing Billaba actually screaming for him to run and then silenced was haunting.

I was not emotionally prepared for this episode. Seeing Kanan right at the moment of Order 66 and, then having Crosshair turn on The Bad Batch was too sad.

I liked them when they were first introduced but, I'm shocked at how attached I was to them during this episode.

Seeing Saw again also made me happy/sad. This is going to be a roller coaster for sure.

• Love 2

I’m going to be the lone SW fan on the board who hasn’t watched Clone Wars—I can’t get past the third episode for some reason. (I might try again though after liking live-action Ahsoka on Mando much, much more than I liked her in CW.)

Anyway! I loved this episode and can’t wait for the season. I loved Crosshair turning on the Batch and think it’ll bring some real pathos in eps to come. 

One thing I kind of missed—what’s Echo’s special thing? I know he’s largely cybernetic but is that his whole thing? Because it seems to overlap pretty heavily with Tech, for instance, but the other guys too. 

May the Fourth be with you! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pachengala said:

I’m going to be the lone SW fan on the board who hasn’t watched Clone Wars—I can’t get past the third episode for some reason. (I might try again though after liking live-action Ahsoka on Mando much, much more than I liked her in CW.)

Anyway! I loved this episode and can’t wait for the season. I loved Crosshair turning on the Batch and think it’ll bring some real pathos in eps to come. 

One thing I kind of missed—what’s Echo’s special thing? I know he’s largely cybernetic but is that his whole thing? Because it seems to overlap pretty heavily with Tech, for instance, but the other guys too. 

The first four episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Season 7, feature The Bad Batch. It's a great prequel to the new series. S07:Ep. 2 is all about Echo and will answer all your questions.

9 hours ago, Pachengala said:

I don't think he has a special thing, per se.  The other members were genetically augmented to boost a specific ability (Intelligence, Strength, Awareness, Precision), but Echo was just "rebuilt" for lack of a better word.   I think being cybernetic is his deal.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, jcin617 said:

I don't think he has a special thing, per se.  The other members were genetically augmented to boost a specific ability (Intelligence, Strength, Awareness, Precision), but Echo was just "rebuilt" for lack of a better word.   I think being cybernetic is his deal.

Dude was a POW. The Separatists hardwired him to their mainframe so they could read his mind and develop counter moves for standard clone attack plans. The only way to keep him alive after being disconnected was installing cybernetic implants. He tried to stay with Rex but felt more at home with the Bad Batch. He was an original formula clone. 

14 hours ago, Pachengala said:

May The Fourth Be With You! 

I can already tell that this is going to be a real roller coaster, I just re-watched Clone Wars and exploring the aftermath of Order 66 is already really tough to watch. I am liking it a lot so far, I am really interested to see where the show goes from here, especially with the new batch of Star wars shows we will be getting soon. 

That cloning tech really has taken some turns, even creating a gender swapped clone. I am as confused as I am impressed. 

• Love 3

Needs rewatching as there were so many great details. My favorite was Omega mirroring Hunter in the holding cell - that was damn cute. I'm also intrigued by the game the Kaminoans are playing.

Seeing Kanan/Caleb lose his Master was tough but was a good reminder of the horror and confusion Order 66 created.

• Love 2
(edited)

Great start!

The mention of Depa immediately had me (and I am sure many others) thinking on the lines of “Alright! Oh crap!”

I admit, the Bad Batch’s confusion on who Omega might be, asking about her family, had me laughing. She has the same face as most of the other clones.

I was surprised that Echo was still so pale. Right after his rescue, I took it as a sign before of how malnourished and sickly he was, but he is still very pale. However, who knows what was fully done to him.

ETA: The details of the exact aftermath order Order 66 for Depa and Kanan were changed a bit from the comics. I want to add that I thought it was done quite well since the show had to accommodate the Bad Batch being there. They also added a new layer of mistrust because he had Hunter trying to gain his trust while Crosshair kept attacking him. Poor kid!

Edited by Meushell
  • Love 1
On 5/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, MissLucas said:

I'm also intrigued by the game the Kaminoans are playing.

I am too because I realized on a rewatch that Tarkin probably doesn’t realize when Nala Se says there is only five enhanced Clones she’s not talking about Echo but Omega. She was specifically vague when answering his questions about the Bad Batch. And then Nala Se helps get Omega off Kamino by keeping the doors open.

I definitely hope we see more of the long game that the Kaminoans are playing.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/5/2021 at 12:09 AM, Pachengala said:

You are not alone! I hated the CW movie so much that I had zero interest in the series (or Rebels, to be honest). Then I read a synopsis of the series and watched the second half of the final season because everyone raved about it. I liked it, but it had almost no emotional impact for me because I didn't know the characters. However, I think I'm going to have to watch it eventually, if for no other reason than to keep up with all the references in the other series that I like (Mandolorian) and am looking forward to (Kenobi).

That being said, despite being utterly confused for the first 20 minutes of this episode, I did like it and will keep watching. I'll also definitely go back and watch the relevant episodes of CW for added backstory.

Edited by Cherpumple
  • Love 2
On 5/5/2021 at 12:09 AM, Pachengala said:

You are definitely not alone.  I couldn't get past the the 4th episode.  I didn't know these characters and they didn't interest me in the least.  I only watched the last four episodes of season 7 because of a watch party.  By then I kind of knew who some of the characters were because of The Mandalorian.  I'm not sure I'll bother trying again. 

I'm still having trouble seeing Omega as a girl because I was halfway thru this first episode thinking she was a boy having missed that one statement identifying her as female.

• Love 1