Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: New Blood

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I doubt most viewers remembered Henry’s congenital heart defect, so it seems if that’s what’s happening, they should have had it mentioned in a recent bit of dialogue. 

It was mentioned this season...Nolan met some new parent facing the same situation and explained how treatment options are the same as 20 years ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, bros402 said:

I forgot all about those heart problems.

It'll probably end up being him needing a transplant

then in season 20 of The Rookie, he'll end up having cancer from the anti-rejection drugs!

although if he needs a transplant, the odds are close to 100 that Nolan responds to the scene of an accident where he has to stay with a person while firefighters come to rescue them, he gets attached to the person, then they die and the heart ends up going to Henry, right?

I'm placing bets on Fiona.  Or the white supremacist who dies trying to kill her. 

This storyline hasn't even started and I'm already hating it.  Looking forward to Emily D as Nolan's ex wife, though.  I never really liked her character on Bones, felt she and David B had -0- chemistry on that show, so I'm hoping there may be a few sparks with her and Nolan.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I doubt most viewers remembered Henry’s congenital heart defect, so it seems if that’s what’s happening, they should have had it mentioned in a recent bit of dialogue. 

Why should they have mentioned it? If that's what it turns out to be, viewers will be either reminded or made aware of his heart defect then. In real life when someone has a stroke or an issue like this they have no warning. Why should they have mentioned it again signaling something was going to happen. I prefer to be caught off guard and surprised.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, chaifan said:

I'm placing bets on Fiona.  Or the white supremacist who dies trying to kill her. 

This storyline hasn't even started and I'm already hating it.  Looking forward to Emily D as Nolan's ex wife, though.  I never really liked her character on Bones, felt she and David B had -0- chemistry on that show, so I'm hoping there may be a few sparks with her and Nolan.

Emily Deschanel is playing the ex? That seems like it will either be hit, or an amazingly bad miss in terms of chemistry.

20 minutes ago, bros402 said:

Emily Deschanel is playing the ex? That seems like it will either be hit, or an amazingly bad miss in terms of chemistry.

Considering the constant rivalry between Castle and Bones, the irony doesn't escape me regarding Emily Deschanel playing Nathan Fillion's ex-wife! 😋

On 4/20/2021 at 3:35 AM, Surrealist said:

Her name is Katy O'Brian. It seems she's also a martial artist IRL too.

I knew Barnes from Magnum PI, she played the MMA fighter in S03/E04. I wish she could stay for several episodes, I like the character & her dynamic with Tim. And she’s a lot tougher than Nolan! 🤣

• Love 1

Not much to say, except to echo the WTF of bringing in two rookies, only to have them both gone by the end of the episode.  I figured "The Badger" was for comedic effect or something but that Barnes would stick around for a while.  I liked her scenes with Bradford, how at first it seemed that maybe he was all enamored with her military background, etc., but then it quickly became obvious that he was adjusting his training style to fit the trainee.  Bradford is the man.  Man of Honor!

Anyway, I figured Barnes would stick around because Nolan will (hopefully) not be a rookie much longer, and there should be at least one rookie on a show called The Rookie.

• Love 5
On 4/19/2021 at 8:13 AM, paigow said:

Great A-Team firefight - hundreds of assault rifle rounds exchanged at close range with 0 hits by the bad guys.

They must have gone to the Stormtrooper training academy...

On 4/19/2021 at 2:59 PM, Pepper the Cat said:

Who played Barnes?
I really liked her. I wish she had stayed

She looked like a young Leonardo DiCaprio to me. Sorry to see her gone after only one episode.

This was one of those "TV things" - professor gets death threats, refuses protection, isn't going to "let the bad guys win" by altering her routine. If that were me, and I got a death threat, I'd want half the precinct camped out at my place, and an armored vehicle for any trips I needed to make. Screw that "hero" crap...

• Love 5
15 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I knew Barnes from Magnum PI, she played the MMA fighter in S03/E04. I wish she could stay for several episodes, I like the character & her dynamic with Tim. And she’s a lot tougher than Nolan! 🤣

that episode of Magnum is airing again tonight for those that want to see her MMA skills.  

I really hope they bring her back and keep Tim as her TO.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/22/2021 at 1:54 AM, bros402 said:

he gets attached to the person, then they die and the heart ends up going to Henry, right?

No need to worry about the national waiting list... LAPD comes first!

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Moose135 said:

They must have gone to the Stormtrooper training academy...

She looked like a young Leonardo DiCaprio to me. Sorry to see her gone after only one episode.

This was one of those "TV things" - professor gets death threats, refuses protection, isn't going to "let the bad guys win" by altering her routine. If that were me, and I got a death threat, I'd want half the precinct camped out at my place, and an armored vehicle for any trips I needed to make. Screw that "hero" crap...

"Stormtrooper training academy" - laughed out loud.

Yes, refusing protection is one of those things that really annoys and puzzles me. If someone's out to get me (or mine), I'm accepting any protection offered.

• Love 3
On 4/20/2021 at 8:15 PM, Aliconehead said:

So yes equality. 

for a man yes. Women are generally allowed a higher body fat percentage because of things men don’t have or are different, you know like breasts and hips. 

• LOL 5

Barnes would have been an amazing addition. Yes, the show is called "The Rookie," so it WOULD be nice to have a rookie ... otherwise the title of the show is gone in a few episodes!  Didn't expect her to leave as quickly as she did.  Way to go for Bradford, realizing that his different boots needed different techniques.  I like his character even more now.

That being said, the minute I saw Greg Grunberg, I knew he'd leave, and quickly.  No way was he going to show up mid-season and stick around.  Didn't think it would be the cold open that got him removed.

• Love 2
On 4/20/2021 at 10:30 AM, shapeshifter said:

I would like to see such comments for a lot of shows rather random mask wearing.
They could also just have something like: This show does not demonstrate COVID protocols.

I don't need to know.  I don't care.  I'm not going to mask/covid police my shows as to whether production is following protocols.  I'm taking it on good faith that they are in order to get in there and film episodes that don't feel the need to address covid  so we, the viewers, can escape from the constant barrage of covid, forget for an hour and be entertained

• Love 1