Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Some Things Are Worth The Risk

• Start Topic

Airing on April 21, 2021:

Archer and Ethan respond to a scene that brings back some bad memories. When Carol's condition worsens, Natalie is willing to do whatever it takes to get her mom feeling better.

Between Natalie, Will, and possibly April previously, they’ve gotten the ethical violations all sewn up. Sheesh

I wonderful if Charles’ daughter is acting out as fallout from the pregnancy and its failure?

The post  Covid patient apparently has endometriosis in her lung (which I’ve never heard of, so fascinating), but nothing was said that it was affecting her uterus and it would likely affect her getting pregnant 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Between Natalie, Will, and possibly April previously, they’ve gotten the ethical violations all sewn up. Sheesh

I wonderful if Charles’ daughter is acting out as fallout from the pregnancy and its failure?

The post  Covid patient apparently has endometriosis in her lung (which I’ve never heard of, so fascinating), but nothing was said that it was affecting her uterus and it would likely affect her getting pregnant 

There was a show on Discovery Life called Mystery Diagnosis. It focused on real life cases of people who suffered for years with extreme medical conditions then finally get diagnosed with a rare disorder. One woman had endometriosis that migrated through just about her entire body. Weird and fascinating.

Ramona’s story about her father was very strange. She’ll be back.

Natalie stole that medicine? Please let her lose her license. 🙏🏻

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Ramona’s story about her father was very strange. She’ll be back.

I will absolutely not be surprised if it turned out he abused her. Or she killed him

• Love 8
11 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Natalie stole that medicine? Please let her lose her license. 🙏🏻

This ↑

Wishful thinking:  Also, should the mother die, The Almighty Natalie could/should be charged with murder/manslaughter.

• Love 3

You know something is wrong when Ramona turns out to be more sane than Natalie.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the series finale of this show, whenever that happens, results in all the main characters getting fired for all the many, many, many violations that they have made over the years.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, preeya said:

Wishful thinking:  Also, should the mother die, The Almighty Natalie could/should be charged with murder/manslaughter.

yeah, but will's name is on the bottle, so he'll get blamed somehow.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

She has mental health issues that need to be addressed, and it isn't just attentionwhoreitis.  Charles has a blind spot in regards to his daughter

Where are you getting this from? To me she seems like a normal teenagers whose parents don't get along.  Not saying you are wrong, just curious about the basis.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't blame Natalie for wanting to do all she can to save her mom.  I think most people would do that, damn the consequences.   The problem is that she is such an arrogant twit, it is really hard to give her the benefit of a doubt.

I don't think "most people" would commit a felony to save anyone, especially by giving a patient an unproven trial drug. Granted she is a doctor but she is stepping miles over the line with this.

"Arrogant twit" is an understatement and "benefit of the doubt" does not even apply here.

I hope the writers pick up on this and we, the viewers see the ultimate consequences for this criminal act.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, preeya said:

I don't think "most people" would commit a felony to save anyone, especially by giving a patient an unproven trial drug. Granted she is a doctor but she is stepping miles over the line with this.

"Arrogant twit" is an understatement and "benefit of the doubt" does not even apply here.

I hope the writers pick up on this and we, the viewers see the ultimate consequences for this criminal act.

It doesn't even make sense medically - let alone ethically.

The pills could be placebos.

There is a limited number of pills left. What happens when they run out and treatment is abruptly stopped. 

And utterly ridiculous that Will chose to let the woman know he had unblinded the study. Someone with his shady morals could easily have covered by saying he assumed the medication was effective because there had been the same medical improvement shown by some and not others. 

Horrible thing to do to the woman since she is damned both ways. If she tells the company Will unblinded the whole study will be eliminated. All that money will be wasted and she will receive a black mark. She will have a black mark even though she had nothing to do with the unblinding.

If she says nothing, she will be in worst shape if it comes out. And she will be responsible for allowing someone with shady ethics to rise in the field of running drug tests. Because someone who will violate protocols once is going to do it again and again when it is expedient.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, jabRI said:

Where are you getting this from? To me she seems like a normal teenagers whose parents don't get along.  Not saying you are wrong, just curious about the basis.

I agree she definitely has issue (don't know if they are mental or not), but definitely acting out.  Being caught by your father 3 times in one week for being out in the middle of night tells me something.  Looking for attention, etc.  Think she would have learned her lesson after the pregnancy scare but maybe that was her plan the whole time.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, amarante said:

It doesn't even make sense medically - let alone ethically.

The pills could be placebos.

There is a limited number of pills left. What happens when they run out and treatment is abruptly stopped. 

And utterly ridiculous that Will chose to let the woman know he had unblinded the study. Someone with his shady morals could easily have covered by saying he assumed the medication was effective because there had been the same medical improvement shown by some and not others. 

Horrible thing to do to the woman since she is damned both ways. If she tells the company Will unblinded the whole study will be eliminated. All that money will be wasted and she will receive a black mark. She will have a black mark even though she had nothing to do with the unblinding.

If she says nothing, she will be in worst shape if it comes out. And she will be responsible for allowing someone with shady ethics to rise in the field of running drug tests. Because someone who will violate protocols once is going to do it again and again when it is expedient.

But we know they will be whacked with a limp lettuce leaf and left to continue on their merry way ruining other people's professional careers while they insipidly make come fuck me eyes at each other. Gah...

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

So, in Chicago Med world nurses are encouraged to make a diagnosis, right? Or is it only allowed if it’s Saint April? It’s so confusing.

Natalie is awful. Halstead is awful.  They are both really, really awful. 

• Love 4

WHY is Natalie still allowed to practice medicine?? I’ve never seen such an irritating, unlikeable and self righteous character in any medical drama. Ever!! And that stupid whiny voice! Aaaggghhhh!! 
Perhaps a different actress might have made her more likeable, who knows-but I think she’s more than run her course.

• Love 5
On 4/23/2021 at 1:29 PM, icemiser69 said:

Yes she is stepping over the line, but I think most people who are desperate to save someone are often willing to step over that line no matter how minimal the chances are for a successful outcome.  A slim chance is better than no chance.  Natalie is willing to do anything and everything to save her mom.  She has gotten away with things before that could have sent her to prison, there is no reason why she wouldn't believe she would get away with what she is doing now.

When emotion gets in the way logic goes out the window. 

Thing is, logic is going out the window in every episode now. Yes, she wants to save her mother, but trying an unproven trial drug with no confirmation that it works, could very well make things worse for her mom. The fact she's gotten away with crap before speaks to how irrational her character is. And since Sharon doesn't dole out any form or discipline or reprimands, Natalie thinks breaking the rules is OK. With this show being in it's sixth season, you expect characters to actually grow, but this show has no character growth at all.

What would be fitting is if the writers actually decided to knock Natalie down a peg and have her find out the hard way that there are steep consequences for breaking rules and protocols. And having her mother die, along with the backlash coming down on Will, would be a severe consequence that she doesn't get away with.

• Love 6
On 4/30/2021 at 5:46 PM, limecoke said:

So, in Chicago Med world nurses are encouraged to make a diagnosis, right? Or is it only allowed if it’s Saint April? It’s so confusing.

Natalie is awful. Halstead is awful.  They are both really, really awful. 

This is what happens when there is no character growth after 6 seasons.

• Love 2
On 4/22/2021 at 10:48 AM, preeya said:

No, because then probably Will would take custody of Owen and there would literally be no end to his saintliness...

On 4/30/2021 at 6:46 PM, limecoke said:

Also, Natalie is a pediatrician, yet rarely do we see her working with kids. Most times she just takes on whatever adult patient comes into the ED, which makes no sense...I would imagine an emergency department in the middle of a major American city would have tons of people, including kids, coming in all the time. It's not likely that Natalie would have "down time" in which she'd see an adult because there weren't any patients under 18.

• Love 1