Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: I've Got the Power

• Start Topic

An infamous ice cold throwback challenge leaves some players in a compromising position. Years-old tensions between two all-stars boil over in an explosive argument, while two new allies mix business with pleasure. Air Date: Apr 14, 2021

Airs April 15th.

Lots of thoughts, not enough time now.

”Okay, you two are gonna break tiles on this structure. Are you ready? Oh, wait, you’ll be eating these deadly peppers that’s just obviously tacked on.” Seriously. Worse was Teege donning the glove.

I don’t think I can handle Ruthie vs. Aneesa. I like ‘em both.

Thanks for showing me Teck and Ruthie ass! And for keeping the sounds of flesh trying to melt ice! I can take Amber looking like she was puking out a lung, but that stuff bugged me.

ETA: Arissa is going BOTS2 Eric Nies on us. #PrayForArissa

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I feel like Teck got cheated. He started throwing up and TJ goes “ready?” and blows his horn. Poor Teck had to sprint forward with stuff still flying out of his mouth. TJ could have given him a moment! 

• Love 1

Jemmeye is quite possibly the worst, most annoying person on this show. I don't know why she picked this new "I'm so young and cute and horny" personality she has now, but it is awful to watch. I can't wait til she gets booted. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, shantown said:

Jemmeye is quite possibly the worst, most annoying person on this show. I don't know why she picked this new "I'm so young and cute and horny" personality she has now, but it is awful to watch. I can't wait til she gets booted. 

Agreed. Also this is petty and superficial, but her hair color is incredibly unflattering on her. If she likes it, that’s all that matters, but it doesn’t suit her in my opinion.

• Love 4

Was Kendal actually thinking of using the Lifesaver, or was it all just manufactured drama? 

I found it funny that some of these folks are expected to remember 36 seasons of a show whether they were on a particular season or not. In fact, the only person that should be able to remember the order is Aneesa. And that's only because she's appeared in all of them (I assume). 

Sorry to see Teck go so soon, but I expected it. Also sad to see Ruthie is still absolutely batshit when it comes to the game. With Teck gone, Ruthie is skating on thin ice. I expect that she'll be targeted for the next elimination. 

• Love 2

First of all that elimination was better than any of the elimination on Double Agents this season.  Can you say repetitive with the Hall Brawls much?

It was good that it was a race to break the tiles but then the pepper thing was a nice twist.  It can't have been that bad, they didn't give them water.  I thought it was a bug like KellyAnne guessed but no way would they bring in something like that to another country.

Hopefully they don't repeat the eliminations with the pole battle again or go heavy with the physical ones which always favors the bigger challenger and it's always a mismatch.

I don't know why Jemmye was stirring up shit trying to get Kendal to throw in Easy E because she didn't want to be stuck with him in the Final.  First of all, who says you're going to make it to the Final?  Secondly, it's only the third elimination so pipe down!

The Daily Challenge was good too.  Oldie but good design and they got a lot of comic footage out of it before TJ gave them hammers.  And it helped the people who did their homework like Darrell.

Next week's Daily looks good too.  In fact I don't know if they got better logistics crews for this thing vs. the Double Agents because it seems promising so far.  They probably won't have helicopters or riding on a big semi.

Maybe another factor is that the weather is much more pleasant than Iceland so they can do more things, like with water.

The little party scenes are better so far, especially the first episode, than the "mocktail lounge" in Double Agents.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, aghst said:

First of all that elimination was better than any of the elimination on Double Agents this season. 

Breaking tiles was a decent concept . . .and then Teege went all old-school Marc Summers/Double Dare on Nehemiah and Teck, bringing in a messy and unnecessary element that didn't really add anything good. Nehemiah won the battle, but he probably lost the war hunched over a toilet. Ditto for Teck . . . he's probably not as skinny as back in '99, but those peppers probably tore through his system fast.

One good thing about Teck leaving: a hookup with Arissa is off the table. "Okay, so how did this place burn down?" "Two sticks were rubbed rapidly on each other." "That's all? Who did this?" "Actually, the sticks did the rubbing themselves."

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I'm going to miss Teck being around. I love his energy. 

Same. And I wanted Kendall to use the lifesaver if only so we'd see what happens as a result.  Plus, she's already a target and even considering it kept that bullseye firmly on her back, Oh, and I hate Easy and would've much rather seen him leave. 

• Love 6

Jemmye is just waaaay too full of herself. Especially when she looks like a large, busted, melting blow-up doll. It may sound mean but she’s such an a**hole. And as much as I don’t like Beth - she’s a “mother” that looks 1000% better than her “daughter”.

Edited by Tipsymcstagger
Autocorrect is not my friend
  • Love 5

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the games/activities for these first three episodes, I don't think there's any debate that the majority of these people are far more entertaining and full of personality than the current cast on the main show. They give much better narrative and soundbites, and they're quick--Nehemiah's response to TJ putting on the glove springs to mind. And that makes sense. These are all RR/RW vets and they were cast in part because they could give witty, precise, entertaining dialogue to a camera. 

On 4/15/2021 at 10:26 PM, shantown said:

On 4/16/2021 at 7:20 AM, Michichick said:

Agreed. Also this is petty and superficial, but her hair color is incredibly unflattering on her. If she likes it, that’s all that matters, but it doesn’t suit her in my opinion.

Joining you in pettyville--what has she DONE to herself? For me it's not even the hair, it's the overall  presentation. She's somehow shiny all the time, like her face is made of plastic, but also her eyelids seem droopy and her eyeliner always looks like it's smeared around her eyes. And somehow her makeup makes her facial features look disproportionate, like part of her face is slouching. And the finally, on top of all that, she's got the white-blond hair., which in my opinion completely washes her out, with super dark, bold, emphatic eyebrows that wrap all the way down over the corner of her eye instead of ending right above. The whole combination seems like such a disaster; I have NO idea how she could have seen her footage and thought she looked good. 

I find Jemmye super irritating, but I try to remember that she hates Zach, which makes me more empathetic toward her.  

On 4/16/2021 at 5:49 PM, Stinger97 said:

Was Kendal actually thinking of using the Lifesaver, or was it all just manufactured drama? 

I found it funny that some of these folks are expected to remember 36 seasons of a show whether they were on a particular season or not. In fact, the only person that should be able to remember the order is Aneesa. And that's only because she's appeared in all of them (I assume). 

Sorry to see Teck go so soon, but I expected it. Also sad to see Ruthie is still absolutely batshit when it comes to the game. With Teck gone, Ruthie is skating on thin ice. I expect that she'll be targeted for the next elimination. 

At this point if you don't know your challenge seasons (like dirty 30 or, you know, this), I feel like it's the same thing as not practicing with a Tangram puzzle. It doesn't necessarily come up every season, but it's come up enough to not be surprised when it does. Study or don't, but if you don't study it's your own fault you're not prepared. If Darrell could have anticipated he would need to know these things, other people could have also. I do remember how funny it was on Dirty 30 when people like Johnny and CT had no idea the names/order of the seasons they've been on. I guess when you do that may it's easy for them to bleed togethe, especially since so many of the more recent names have been generic. At least some of the earlier ones (exes, rivals) you can remember by associating the name with who your partner was. 

I'm also sorry to see Teck go. He was one of my favorite "gets" for this season, incredibly charismatic and netertaining, and someone so unlike the people they keep cycling onto my screen on the main show. Just genuinely himself, over the top personality and all. I was actually really surprised and a little sad by how close it really was. That two seconds he missed by being mid-vomit ended up being the difference. 

9 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Jemmye being on these aftershows isn’t working out for me.

Did Devyn introduce her as a first-timer to the after show? That super confused me. I'm almost certain I saw her head wagging of superiority and heard her high pitched drawl of condescension last week. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

These older players don't come across as thirsty for the money.

Some of them probably don't care that much or aren't counting on winning the money.  They're older and they're more honest about their chances.  Like Katey says, she has a family and a life so she doesn't need this as much as she might have 15 years ago.

Well some of course wanted chances to win the big money, which wasn't offered back in their heyday, like Mark.

Who knows, maybe getting away from their families or the drudgery of everyday life has loosened some of them up and they're just enjoying the experience more.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, aghst said:

Who knows, maybe getting away from their families or the drudgery of everyday life has loosened some of them up and they're just enjoying the experience more.

Whatever reason they came for - see old friends, free vacation, the fun of the old challenge format, maybe some money, whatever - I love it. Seeing them enjoy it is WAY more enjoyable for me as a viewer! Really sad to lose Teck this week as he "got it" - come on, have fun, relive some old memories, have some new memorable moments. Sure, everyone should be competitive in the challenges, but goodness this show is way better when people actually have fun!

• Love 4

I agree, I really love this season so far. It's like middle-aged summer camp, lol! I mean that in the best way possible! 

I wish Kendall had used her life shield. I don't care for Big Easy, and it would have been easy (lol) to root for Nehemiah in that case. As it was, I was so torn between him and Teck. I hope these OG seasons keep going, and I hope we see Teck again. 

Since we're all being petty here: Ewwwww @ the hookup between Nehemiah and Jemmeye. He could do so much better. 

• Love 2

They projected Teck going home way too much. All of Ruthie's commentary on how Teck was important to her made it very clear who was going home. I was still really unhappy about it. Him, Yes and well, just him and Yes are my favorite guys. Ruthie is still one of my favorite girls. I don't know why. She just always has been. 

This is such a fun season. I wasn't sure about subscribing to Paramount + but now I'm glad I did. 

• Love 3