Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Welcome to the Art Class

• Start Topic

When Tina and Gemma get more than they bargained for in a revealing art class, Calvin can't hide his jealousy and takes drastic action. Also, Dave, Marty and Malcolm team up to crack the case of an unfinished mystery novel.

Airdate: 04/12/2021

I thought I had figured out which brother was which - Malcolm is the older , “cool” one, and Martin is the younger, “nerdy” one. But when Calvin was deleting Malcolm’s dvr recordings, it was stuff like 60 Minutes and documentaries. Does Malcolm have a nerdy side? Or am I just confused?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

I thought I had figured out which brother was which - Malcolm is the older , “cool” one, and Martin is the younger, “nerdy” one. But when Calvin was deleting Malcolm’s dvr recordings, it was stuff like 60 Minutes and documentaries. Does Malcolm have a nerdy side? Or am I just confused?

Nope, you got it right.

• Love 2

I loved the mystery book storyline.  The guys seeking out the former owner/resident was pretty funny.

Glad Calvin didn't drop his robe - that's something you could never unsee.  Not that they'd do it on a family-friendly sitcom; thankful for that!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I loved Marty using the older man voice on the phone. It cracked me up. He did a pretty good impression of the former neighbour. 

I also laughed when Calvin said it was obviously the butler who did it, heh. 

• Love 8

This episode's plot died the moment the guys didn't know how to track down Walter. Hello, we are in 2021. Facebook exists. They were neighbours for more than a decade, there is no way they don't have dozens of common friends, so they can easily find him.

The scene where Tina explained to Calvin that she just wanted to spend time with him was really cute though.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Harvey said:

This episode's plot died the moment the guys didn't know how to track down Walter. Hello, we are in 2021. Facebook exists. They were neighbours for more than a decade, there is no way they don't have dozens of common friends, so they can easily find him.

The scene where Tina explained to Calvin that she just wanted to spend time with him was really cute though.

I thought Walter didn't have any friends because he hates everybody.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I had the same thought but then he beat Dave in chess and so I wondered if Malcolm isn't secretly smart but super content with himself and not as driven as Martin. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Harvey said:

Walter didn't seem like the social media type.  However, the brothers moved into his house. sso I would think they would occasionally get mail for him and would have his new address so they could send it to him.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Were the guys trying to pass off Walter's manuscript as their own when they let Calvin read it? Funny stuff otherwise

Funny stuff with the nude model. Tina just wanted to do stuff with Calvin because, in part, she likes them commenting on stuff. Aw.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Not everyone's on Facebook.

[raises hand] I deleted it a couple of years ago and I don't miss it at all. Neither of my parents were ever on it, and I could definitely see Walter not being on it.

I laughed out loud at Tina's reaction to Gemma bringing wine to the class - and next time they should go to a paint and sip, where it's expected that you'll be drinking!

I loved the guys' Homeland mystery board. It's fun to see them nerd out together!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Harvey said:

Messenger. Instagram. Whatsapp. Twitter. Pinterest. Discord. E-mail. Need I go on?

My mom has an email account and that's it.  Without knowing her email address, I don't know how you would know her email address.  My dad basically refuses to use the computer at all.  He'll look at it if you pull something up to show him.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Harvey said:

Messenger. Instagram. Whatsapp. Twitter. Pinterest. Discord. E-mail. Need I go on?

Nope, nope, nope, nope, no, uh-uh, nah.  Need I go on?  My mother has e-mail.  I have e-mail.  My father has none of these.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

My mom has an email account and that's it.  Without knowing her email address, I don't know how you would know her email address. 

5 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Nope, nope, nope, nope, no, uh-uh, nah.  Need I go on?  My mother has e-mail.  I have e-mail.  My father has none of these.

I am the same; I sometimes read things on twitter but I don't post. I'm not on FB or any other social media. I communicate with people via email. I know a lot of people who don't use social media, and curmudgeonly dude who wrote the novel seems like the type who wouldn't. I do wonder why he didn't try to get his book published, though.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, possibilities said:

I am the same; I sometimes read things on twitter but I don't post. I'm not on FB or any other social media. I communicate with people via email. I know a lot of people who don't use social media, and curmudgeonly dude who wrote the novel seems like the type who wouldn't. I do wonder why he didn't try to get his book published, though.

My mother actively dislikes social media and just uses email. She might have a LInkedIn but since she's retired now, I'm sure she never uses it. She's savvy enough for social media; she just hates it. My father had email and was on Twitter (we did not follow each other, heh) and LinkedIn, but didn't pay that much attention to his LinkedIn. (I had his social media taken down after he passed.) 

Walter seemed to dislike most people and he's also of a generation that didn't grow up on social media (most people his age aren't on WhatsApp), so it stands to reason that he would make it hard to find him. I would assume Calvin and Tina would have some way to contact him because of the sale, though. But the caper was fun to watch.

• Love 3
On 4/13/2021 at 9:52 AM, joanne3482 said:

I had the same thought but then he beat Dave in chess and so I wondered if Malcolm isn't secretly smart but super content with himself and not as driven as Martin. 

I think Malcolm is smart, too. He's just not nerdy. And I like that the show doesn't make him a stereotypical dumb jock character. He hasn't been able to figure out his path after sports but that can change without being far-fetched. I wouldn't be surprised if he started personal training or even stumbling upon a new professional interest through the people he meets at his job.  Marty is smart and has stereotypical nerdy interests but he is also fun and cool, just not with women. 

I really like these two characters.

On 4/13/2021 at 6:55 AM, Harvey said:

I can't imagine Walter on Facebook or that they'd have friends in common after being rivals for so long. Or that Walter would have friends at all, to be honest. 

• Love 1