Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E08: It's All Too Much

• Start Topic

Re: why Mer and Derek have not actually touched/hugged on the beach (yet), I have a completely unfounded theory which may have been slightly confirmed by LAST week's ep ... 

I think that if you saw them touch, it would mean that she had crossed over. Unless I missed it, she never touched DeLuca either, right? (Though that would not have necessarily proved/disproven my theory, since they were both alive at that point as far as we know). But when he ran down the beach and threw himself into his mother's arms, I knew he was dead and probably when he died. 

I think if we get a scene where she and Derek actually kiss, it will be the sign that she's passed away. And I'm not totally ruling that out because I haven't been reading spoilers (do we know for sure the show's been confirmed for another season or two, or that she'll be back? They're pretty good at keeping things mum but the spoiler folks here are just as good if not better at digging the info up). 

Also dreading an all-Teddy-all-the-time ep next week ... previews in guide say she suffers a devastating loss or something ... am thinking maybe Koracik dies? Would that be devastating to her or just to me because at this point he's one of the only remaining regular characters I actually like (along with the Chief and Bailey and Zola ... okay, and Maggie and Amelia). 

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Re: why Mer and Derek have not actually touched/hugged on the beach (yet), I have a completely unfounded theory which may have been slightly confirmed by LAST week's ep ... 

I think that if you saw them touch, it would mean that she had crossed over. Unless I missed it, she never touched DeLuca either, right? (Though that would not have necessarily proved/disproven my theory, since they were both alive at that point as far as we know). 

This is my theory too.  IIRC, she and George didn't touch either, although they got a lot closer than she has been with Derek, I think.  

• Love 2
22 hours ago, katycat74 said:

I've yet to find anyone who actually likes Glasses/contacts. I groan every time he shows up. How does his boring nonverbal boyfriend put up with his constant whining? Couldn't they have killed him off and saved Deluca for crying out loud?

I don't have a problem with Glasses.  I hate his boyfriend, who has all of the acting ability (and charm) of a tree.

What really got me during this episode was Maggie giving Helm a back hug.  That really touched me, especially since they haven't shown them working together much.  Maggie, in her grief, reached out to help another who was grieving.  I really did like that.

the rest of the episode?  Meh.

• Love 5

I refuse to believe DeLuca is dead. I saw no body. I believe they have him in a witness protection program somewhere, in hiding from an international child trafficking ring. He will need to testify when they round them all up and the authorities need to keep him safe until then. That is my story and I am sticking with it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I’m getting really sick and tired of all the pandemic angst and Meredith on the beach (will she die or won’t she?) being dragged out for a whole season. Other shows, like New Amsterdam, have acknowledged the pandemic and its effects and moved on into “after”. Give us a break from grim reality for an hour a week, show!

• Love 8
On 3/19/2021 at 10:32 AM, Madding crowd said:

I have a friend who is in AA and she thinks anyone who drinks ever is an alcoholic. Linc had the bottle in the garage because he was going there to chill out and play the guitar-understandable to me.

Amelia’s reaction really bugged me. Why did it not occur to her that putting a bottle on a high shelf in a house with small children and a recovering alcoholic/addict around is not such an abnormal thing to do?

My mother was like that, although she wasn’t the alcoholic, my father was. I have never had a problem with alcohol (sugar, hell yes, but alcohol, no) but if I ever so much as mentioned drinking to her she’d freak out.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Amelia’s reaction really bugged me. Why did it not occur to her that putting a bottle on a high shelf in a house with small children and a recovering alcoholic/addict around is not such an abnormal thing to do?

My parents weren't big drinkers but the few bottles of alcohol they had in the house were always kept high up on the uppermost shelves because there were kids in the house. Mr. EB's family has a cabin that his relatives built back in the 1950s. A few years ago when we were there, he decided to go through all the old liquor that had accumulated to see if there was anything that should be thrown out. All of it was stored on top of the refrigerator because often in the summer, all of the grandkids would be there running around. I thought that Linc putting the ONE bottle of alcohol he had high up was the logical thing to do since there are four tiny kids in that house. And I think he was truly trying to be considerate of Amelia by hiding it.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I thought that Linc putting the ONE bottle of alcohol he had high up was the logical thing to do since there are four tiny kids in that house. And I think he was truly trying to be considerate of Amelia by hiding it.

It was logical and he was trying to be considerate. But he didn't know Amelia's reality or that it would trigger her fears that he might be an addict relapsing. And like him, she was also dealing with four small kids and the loss of her professional life, and didn't have the option of going to Jo's and drinking with friends.

The takeaway for me was that Linc and Amelia had a moment when they didn't understand the other but they handled it like adults and worked it out. A refreshing change from most of what's on this show.

• Love 13

I'm watching it now, and am glad that they are still in the pandemic, too. It's good to see people social distancing, and dealing with things. 

Even though Meredith doesn't need anyone's approval for a new relationship, it looks like that was McDreamy giving his blessing (although I know it was about the kids, they still had new guy walking with her, and talking about them). 

And now I'm crying, because of the memorial. 

• Love 3

I'm reading all your posts trying to decide if I want to watch any more episodes.  Frankly, except for Linc, there's really no one I care about anymore.  Maybe Tom, because he's the most honest character.  I'm really sick of all the others.  Amelia is like chalk on a blackboard for me, same for Maggie, so tired of Jackson and his love du jour, I liked Jo when she was with Alex but like her a lot less now.  Owen, yuck.  Teddy, how could they absolutely ruin that character?  I guess I like Bailey and Richard somewhat, but enough to suffer through a whole episode of the others?  

• Love 2

Have to admit that I ugly cried during the memorial. My mother died this summer - not from Covid but the Covid restrictions affected us nonetheless: no funeral, a Jewish shiva via Zoom, a very different kind of grieving divorced from the normal protocols. I could relate to what Glasses was expressing to Bailey. 

I really liked how Maggie kept tearing up - even when she was in the background.