Type keyword(s) to search

The Joneses: Sidian, Tosha and TBD

• Start Topic

THE JONESES

Sidian Jones, Tosha Jones

Sidian and Tosha live in Idaho, where Tosha was once Sidian’s second wife, until the first wife left them. After taking time to heal, Tosha and Sidian are now seeking a sister wife again but find out it’s not as easy as they thought it would be to find their perfect match.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, LucyEth said:

Found this on Amazon about Sidian!

9AE0FB85-7795-4D22-9053-B8963B09E5F8.jpeg

Is...is he .01 % Cherokee? I am being smart but I hate people who leverage their distant Indigenous roots while not really acknowledging the fact that they...in reality...had the advantage of being a well off, white, cis male. No...just no.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Hey now, he is related to Rolling Thunder who, per Wikipedia:

Rolling Thunder's given name was John Pope.[8] At times he claimed to be part Cherokee[8] and at other times Shoshone[9] or Hopi.[10] He never provided proof of any Native heritage. He has been accused of cultural appropriation and cited as an example of a non-Native who taught fraudulent, "Native-style" ceremonies, often for money.[11][12] He often claimed to represent the Western Shoshone Nation.[9]

So Sidian is a scammer that is a descendent of a scammer both of whom engage in excessive cultural appropriation.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I was rewatching the S3 premiere and I am...confused about Sidian's kids. Sidian states that he has three kids from past relationships (emphasis mine). They all have complicated names that I am not going to bother learning, but I believe there are two girls and then a boy, and the middle of the three children lives with "their mother." But Sidean doesn't say, she lives with my ex-wife. Is it possible that there was another plural relationship at some point that produced the middle child? 

Also...why does this sound vaguely cult-like?

Sidian Morning Star Jones is a Personal Mythologist, TV personality, vocalist, and author. He is the founder of Open Source Religion, the world's first framework for religion, and is an internationally recognized speaker on its behalf. His work includes MyMythos.org and MyMythosKids.com, projects that incorporate the use of Personal Mythology in our daily lives.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

So Sidian is a scammer that is a descendent of a scammer both of whom engage in excessive cultural appropriation.  

Holy shit what a piece of trash!  @Nancybeth I think it was subtly mentioned that the middle child has a different mother, my guess is Sidian cheated on his wife and he turned to plural marriage as an excuse to sleep with other women.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, GussieK said:

The mom asked if she is in a cult, and she is!  

They're a match made in heaven. Tosha was born to be in a cult, and "Sidian" is trying like hell to start one. Anyone watch "The Vow"? Sidian is another Keith Raniere waiting to happen. I've said elsewhere that Tosha has probably been a Wiccan, a pagan, a new age Christian, a Buddhist, an agnostic. She's read tea leaves, thrown the I Ching, and done astrological charts. She's been a vegan, a pescatarian, a fruitarian, and done keto. I bet she's into "alternative medicine" and is an anti vaxxer too. I think she's a very silly, naive woman who is in for a world of hurt.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

They're a match made in heaven. Tosha was born to be in a cult, and "Sidian" is trying like hell to start one. Anyone watch "The Vow"? Sidian is another Keith Raniere waiting to happen. 

Yes, I was thinking exactly the same thing!  Though I must admit his online CV is much stronger than Dimitri's, not that this is saying much.

damn autocorrect
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 4/5/2021 at 2:58 PM, Nancybeth said:

Sidian states that he has three kids from past relationships (emphasis mine). They all have complicated names that I am not going to bother learning, but I believe there are two girls and then a boy, and the middle of the three children lives with "their mother."

Insidious does have three children, Cersei, Tyrion and Joffrey. 

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Oh, Insipid, you are no Morningstar.  Here's Lucifer Morningstar.  I think we can all agree you don't measure up. 

giphy.gif

Oh, I do love me some Lucifer.

As for Jonestown... I did enjoy the pandemic being presented as significant ONLY because it got in the way of them finding new women to date.  

• LOL 8
On 4/6/2021 at 11:52 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

They're a match made in heaven. Tosha was born to be in a cult, and "Sidian" is trying like hell to start one. Anyone watch "The Vow"? Sidian is another Keith Raniere waiting to happen. I've said elsewhere that Tosha has probably been a Wiccan, a pagan, a new age Christian, a Buddhist, an agnostic. She's read tea leaves, thrown the I Ching, and done astrological charts. She's been a vegan, a pescatarian, a fruitarian, and done keto. I bet she's into "alternative medicine" and is an anti vaxxer too. I think she's a very silly, naive woman who is in for a world of hurt.

I just think these two are a couple of hippies, 60 years late.

• Love 2
On 4/27/2021 at 10:47 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Oh, Insipid, you are no Morningstar.  Here's Lucifer Morningstar.  I think we can all agree you don't measure up. 

giphy.gif

well, well, well....this is certainly a treat. 

• Love 2
On 4/5/2021 at 12:21 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

AND up-and-coming cult leader! Not sure what's funnier his "open source religion" or the fact that he calls himself a "mythologist."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

AND up-and-coming cult leader! Not sure what's funnier his "open source religion" or the fact that he calls himself a "mythologist."

His biggest myth is that anyone other than brain dead Tosha finds him appealing. 

• LOL 8

Pretentious poser!  When I see the name "Sidian" I think of Simian.  Did I read here is real name is Casey?

That girl Tosha ain't right in the head, and I probably read that here, too. 

Alexaaaaahndra would do well to ghost that loser.

• Love 4
On 5/22/2021 at 5:35 AM, mamadrama said:

Do you think he has the charisma to be a cult leader?   Here's what I suspect will happen between Insipidian and the current wife (or girlfriend, if they're not married).  Insipidian meets a woman who rings his chimes.  They can talk about all the many subjects on which he considers himself an authority, and she kind of digs him, too. (Go figure.)  He comes to believe she's his intellectual equal, well almost, unlike poor wifey at home who is sweet enough, but doesn't stimulate him the way the new squeeze does.  The more time he and the new squeeze spend together contemplating the meaning of the life, the duller poor wifey-at-home seems.   By the time Insipidian has passed the point of no return, and is seriously into the new squeeze, she decides she doesn't want to share him, after all.  So she gives him an ultimatum, it's you and me, or you and wifey, but not all three of us.  When his "principles" (to live a polygamous lifestyle) look like they're going to require sacrifice from him, he caves like an underbaked meringue.  He tearfully tells wifey that he'll always love her, but he'd be doing her a disservice by not letting her go, and he helps her pack her things.  He might even bless her with one more taste of his wonderfulness before she goes.  The devastated wifey doesn't know what hit her,  and she sadly leaves, trash bag of belongings in one hand, bus fare, courtesy of Insipidian, in the other.  Sad, sad story, but so, so predictable.  

• Love 8
8 hours ago, nosedive said:

Do you think he has the charisma to be a cult leader?   Here's what I suspect will happen between Insipidian and the current wife (or girlfriend, if they're not married).  Insipidian meets a woman who rings his chimes.  They can talk about all the many subjects on which he considers himself an authority, and she kind of digs him, too. (Go figure.)  He comes to believe she's his intellectual equal, well almost, unlike poor wifey at home who is sweet enough, but doesn't stimulate him the way the new squeeze does.  The more time he and the new squeeze spend together contemplating the meaning of the life, the duller poor wifey-at-home seems.   By the time Insipidian has passed the point of no return, and is seriously into the new squeeze, she decides she doesn't want to share him, after all.  So she gives him an ultimatum, it's you and me, or you and wifey, but not all three of us.  When his "principles" (to live a polygamous lifestyle) look like they're going to require sacrifice from him, he caves like an underbaked meringue.  He tearfully tells wifey that he'll always love her, but he'd be doing her a disservice by not letting her go, and he helps her pack her things.  He might even bless her with one more taste of his wonderfulness before she goes.  The devastated wifey doesn't know what hit her,  and she sadly leaves, trash bag of belongings in one hand, bus fare, courtesy of Insipidian, in the other.  Sad, sad story, but so, so predictable.  

No, I don't think he's charismatic enough to be a cult leader. I was just going off his Linkedin and being facetious.

• Love 3
On 5/23/2021 at 3:16 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Pretentious poser!  When I see the name "Sidian" I think of Simian.  Did I read here is real name is Casey?

That girl Tosha ain't right in the head, and I probably read that here, too. 

Alexaaaaahndra would do well to ghost that loser.

I think that Alexaaanhndra rejected him, but she did it nicely, and he's too narcissistic to accept it.  She doesn't want children, may want to date other men and will continue to travel.  She never said that she'd reconsider or scale back otherwise.  She may also have realized that his "adventurous," out-of-the-box date consisted of a walk down the block to the psychic from the back pages of the free weekly tabloid and a glass of house wine in the front yard, where every child and neighbor could interrupt, and where his "wife" would monitor from the kitchen window.  Maybe, knowing that Tosha was in earshot, she said that she'd like to be friends with Tosha (i.e., "even her before Sidian).

Maybe the requirement for the Sidian cult is that you must adopt a pretentious name.  For women, it requires the "ahhhh" syllable to be elongated for several seconds when spoken, although their real names are Natalie and Alexandra.  For men, it's the dumb name Sidian.

Footnotes:

• Why did Alexaaanhndra think that a short blue dress with lace did not need a bra and was appropriate for an adventurous date?  And, what exactly was in the glass container necklace?
  • Every time I see Sidian and Tosha, I hear the comments from here in my head ("His real name is Stanley," or Insidious; "The girl ain't right in the head;" and "she was born to be in a cult.") and I laugh.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/22/2021 at 5:35 AM, mamadrama said:

He's working like hell to build his own mythos all right. 

And after seeing that little weasel Keith Raniere, I'm convinced anyone can start a cult and find followers, if they have enough audacity. Charisma does not seem to be required. Just foolish, gullible people who want someone to tell them what to do. 

Anyone see "Orange is the New Black"? Poor Tosha is another Norma. 

• Love 3
On 5/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

He's working like hell to build his own mythos all right. 

And after seeing that little weasel Keith Raniere, I'm convinced anyone can start a cult and find followers, if they have enough audacity. Charisma does not seem to be required. Just foolish, gullible people who want someone to tell them what to do. 

Anyone see "Orange is the New Black"? Poor Tosha is another Norma. 

Yes! So much of it is just a mindfuck. The whole time I was watching those documentaries I kept wondering if there was something about Keith that just didn't translate to screen. It was a whole Emperor's New Clothes thing-find a few people who think someone is amazing and then have them talk him up. That creates a mythology for new members who, before they even meet him, is under the impression that he's some incredibly wonderful dude. 

• Love 4