Type keyword(s) to search

Shadow and Bone in the media: The Unsea

• Start Topic

I was bracing myself for disappointment, but the trailer looks and feels like everything I loved about the books! I even hopped up in my seat when I saw the Dregs, and when the Darkling came on, my mom went "Ooo." (Amen, Mama!)

👍🏻  👍🏻  👍🏻  👍🏻

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Many people said that a map would help them better comprehend what was going on in the story. Netflix provided such a map at this location.

Thanks for the link! The geography was a complete mystery to me all the way through - in particular, Ketterdam being a separate island from the rest of the action was not conveyed whatsoever. A GOT-style map in the opening credits might have helped with all that, I think!

All 6 Crows (Six of Crows) took a picture together. Matthias Helvar (Calahan Skogman), Nina Zenik (Danielle Galligan), Inej Ghafa (Amita Suman), Kaz Brekker (Freddy Carter), Jesper Fahey (Kit Young), and Wylan Hendriks (Jack Wolfe).

Six-of-Crows-Shadow-and-Bone.jpg

• Love 2

Season 2 filming is done and will be 8 episodes.

There is a "Shadow and Bone: Destinies" single-player RPG mobile video game currently in early development where you get to play as characters from the TV Series.

FU1ZTKCWUAAWYkq?format=jpg&name=medium

• Love 2

Well, I'm excited. Even though season 1 was uneven, it also had some really cool stuff and some great acting, especially from the Crow trio and Ben Barnes/Kirigan. I read the books while waiting for season 2, so I'm excited for the new characters and looking forward to what the show has in store.

Not to mention, I'm looking forward to the press tour! I loved all the silly interviews the cast did together for season 1--they genuinely seem to get along really well.

More of this for season 2, please!

• Like 1

Alina (Jessie Mei Li) is a beacon of hope to some and a suspected traitor to others, and she is determined to bring down the Shadow Fold and save Ravka from ruin. But this time, General Kirigan (Ben Barnes) is backed by a terrifying new army of seemingly indestructible shadow monsters and fearsome new Grisha recruits. Even a few battle scars to the face can’t stop the wrath of this Darkling. To stand a fighting chance against him, Alina and Mal (Archie Renaux) must rally their powerful new allies and begin a continent-spanning journey to find two mythical creatures that will amplify her powers.

Three Major Season Two Characters 

Daisy Head as Genya Safin, the Grisha Tailor

shadow-and-bone-season-2-poster-genya.jp

Sujaya Dasgupta as Zoya, the Wind Summoner 

shadow-and-bone-season-2-poster-zoya.jpe

Luke Pasqualino as David Kostyk, the Durast 

shadow-and-bone-season-2-poster-david.jp

• Like 2

I know other shows do similar PR for new seasons but I have to give them credit - these character posters are really great. They have a bit of an Art Nouveau/Mucha vibe going with the halo-like arrangement of symbols in the background. Simply beautiful. Just saw Kaz on IG - fantastic! But they're all beautiful and I could not name a favorite (regardless of who my actual favorite character is).

Edited by MissLucas
  • Like 1

A Six of Crow spinoff may be in the works. They are by far the more entertaining and engaging scenes, and I find myself only wanting to follow their stories (I only read the Six of Crow duology, not the rest of the Grisha-verse) but I think Shadow and Bone needs the Crows to survive. Maybe the plan is to adapt Six of Crow (what's left of that book) as it's own season, and then continue to weave the characters into Alina's story like they've done thus far. 

• Like 3

Interesting. I've always wondered how they want to approach Six of Crows when so many of the leads are missing. A spin-off would be the perfect solution. For that particular problem at least - there are others lurking when the show progresses into later books.

SB-RPG.jpg

Shadow and Bone: Enter the Fold      Chimera Entertainment

A single-player, role-playing, “choose your own adventure” video game
Interactive Story / Adventure Video Game  (set between Seasons 1 and 2) 

Available now on Android phone & tablet, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Shape the fate of the Grishaverse. Travel war-torn Ravka and decide which powers prevail in this interactive adventure based on the fantasy series.