Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: In Memory Of...

• Start Topic

Natalie realises that her memories of her mum are starting to fade when Michelle and Delia have a memorial to honour Wade's wife; Forrest and Ben get competitive when their kids enter a fundraising contest at school.

Original air date: 2/25/21

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I thought this episode was the best of the season so far - it reminded me of why I fell in love with the show last season. And no Shannon and lots of Noah to boot. Win win.  Natalie remembering things about her mom due to a mural that the adults thought was awful but the kids totally understood was great.  A very touching episode. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7

This was a great episode. I definitely related to how Natalie was feeling, and I love that she and Grace ended up loving the mural. Wade's and Natalie's talk was well-done.

We learned that Jill was a teacher; I don't think that had been said before.

• Love 2

I'm glad they didn't go with the cliche with Noah eating all the candy. Was this the first time we've heard Delia and Forrest's and Ben and Michelle's last names?

19 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

We learned that Jill was a teacher; I don't think that had been said before.

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before.

• Love 3

I loved Wade's first speech he shared with the widow's  group, that felt authentic and real.  It was also really cute when he consoled Natalie ❤️ .  Overall, a very sweet episode.

Edited by Harvey
  • Love 1

Although I think that dating and being healed enough to be in a relationship is part of the mourning process, I like the show better when it focuses on the non-dating aspects of Wade dealing with Jill's death. This episode was a great example of that. What Natalie was going through was very realistic so I liked that they showed it honestly from the moment that she realized she didn't remember all the same things as Wade and Grace until the end of the episode where she was sharing all kinds of memories of her mom. Seeing her and Grace remember all the things on the mural with happiness was so sweet.

Ha, and that mural was HIDEOUS. Michelle and Delia's reactions every time they saw it was hilarious.

My dad would never take my fundraising candy to work so I was always jealous of the kids who managed to sell multiple boxes of candy by not doing a damn thing. Part of me likes that Addie is her own type of little principled weirdo who has very specific reasons for her choices (like keeping her table near the front door instead of the sidewalk because she doesn't want to pressure anyone walking by). Noah, on the other hand, was ready to take advantage of any and all opportunities to sell more candy. You know he had his ear pressed up against the door waiting for the perfect moment to jump into Wade's widows group meeting to sell more chocolate!

• Love 9

Having the mural spark memories was such a nice ending, but I was wondering all episode why Delia and Michelle would arrange and fundraise for a surprise tribute. Shouldn't they have asked Wade? "We'd like to honor Jill by..." 

The widows meeting reminded me of an episode of "The Golden Girls" when Dorothy was giving a toast to Stanley's therapist telling him to stay away. "Here's to husbands being out of our lives forever!" The other Girls started crying and when Dorothy asked why Rose answered, "Because our husbands are dead you monster." (It's not a perfect analogy, but that's what I thought about watching all the widows cry.)

It was great Ben was so happy for Addie when he thought she'd won. For the money Forrest spent bribing his colleagues he probably could've bought enough bars to win.

• Love 4

That was a really sweet episode, probably my favorite in awhile. The mural was hilariously hideous but I love that the girls loved it and that it helped Natalie remember their mom. My favorite episodes are usually about Wade and the girls dealing with Jill's passing, so this was a winner for me. 

The chocolate plot was fun too, its been awhile since we had a plot with Addie and I always love Noah. You know he was standing outside that widows meeting the whole time just waiting for his moment. 

I wonder what the reaction was among the set painters when they were given that assignment.  "No, guys, that still has a semblance of artistic talent there.  We need it to be hella crazy.  Like, Picasso on acid crazy."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1