Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: 9-1-1, What's Your Grievance?

jewel21
  • Start Topic

55 minutes ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Who playing the neighbor with the gun? I've seen her before somewhere, and she has a distinctive voice.

She played Nicole, Luke's wife, on a bunch of episodes of Gilmore Girls. I had to stop and look her up on IMDB because it was driving me crazy. 

2 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

No one has mentioned how good Gregory Harrison still looks?!? (Maddie's dad) He is 70!

Hmmmm [shapeshifter looks up well-preserved Gregory Harrison on Wikipedia] ——happily married for 40 years. 

2 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Cul-de-sac murder was fun. More of that, please. Who playing the neighbor with the gun? I've seen her before somewhere, and she has a distinctive voice.

Bigamist neighbor was H!ITG! actor Tricia O'Kelley (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0641518/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t18).

56 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I new he looked familiar, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out who he was.  Silver fox, indeed.

I know him as the dad from the Au Pair t.v. movies from the 90's and 2000's

Anyway, it looks like they're setting Maddie as 38 and Buck as 29. I thought that they might make Maddie the mother, but then I figured that Jennifer Love Hewitt would (understandably) not want to play the mother to an adult when she can still pass for late 30's. (And it looks like they made Maddie late 30's.) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 2/9/2021 at 12:09 AM, DearEvette said:

I enjoyed the unfolding of the whole terrible neighbor story.  The gay couple whose dog she poisoned were my favorites. They had no fucks to give about her death,  LOL.  Also the bigamist/identity thief was a good add to it.  Her story alone was bonkers and she was just so matter-of-fact about it. I figured that was Checkov's Gnome when that cop almost tripped over it in the first scene and realized the vic must've offed herself somehow before the whole story came out.

On a shallow note, May looked extra pretty in this episode.  Also good for her! 

Put me in the camp of thinking there is more to the story about Buck's and Maddie's dead sibling.  The parents seem to resent Buck. I mean, sure my Kid #1's baby book is a little more tricked out than Kid #2 but still, Kid #2 has one!  Make you wonder about the parents even more, though.  Buck had no clue he had a sibling.  That means there was no evidence in their home that this kid existed all through Buck's childhood and growing up at home. No pictures.  No home movies.  No mention from any other family members.  Who erases a dead child so completely from their lives?

Sad but it happens.  Mr Sarahsmile’s uncle and aunt’s first son died at 18 months after choking on a screw and they keep no pictures of him around.   

On 2/9/2021 at 10:12 AM, perkie1968 said:

The irony is that Dad Buckley was played by Gregory Harrison who GH fans will recognize since he's currently playing a guy, who's eldest son may or may not be his youngest son's actual father, since his eldest son slept with his new bride the night before their wedding.  

OT but his eldest son is a character I despise. Talk about bringing on a family no one (okay, ME) cares about. Unlike Maddie and Buck, who I'm anxious to see what their upbringing was like. [Sorry, still bitter about my fave who is no longer on that show being paired with him.]

On 2/9/2021 at 12:10 PM, tennisgurl said:

Buck and Maddie's parents might not be physically abusive or more obviously awful, but apparently totally erasing a child who died and making Maddie lie about it and pretend she never even had another brother is a seriously fucked up thing to do, not getting into how it seems like they have totally checked out from being parents, even back when Maddie and Buck were kids, and have never been around at all when Buck and Maddie clearly could have used support.

It didn't really play out as much as this makes it sound. Maybe that's because ET's mom and Dr. Gonzo Gates were the parents. But the bolded almost sounds borderline V.C. Andrews (without the rape/incest). It will be interesting to see what next week brings. Besides fire!

I missed a lot of the cul-de-sac parts, I think I need to go back and watch.

• Love 1
On 2/8/2021 at 9:55 PM, Irlandesa said:

Yep.  All that remains is to know whether Buck was a replacement baby or the baby that was supposed to save Daniel's life.

I strongly back the "savior baby" theory. Props to Ailianna who first suggested it on the thread for the previous episode.

Buck would be useless and a disappointment to the parents if he either was not a match or the bone marrow he provided failed to save Danny's life. The most famous of the savior baby families, the Ayalas, conceived their younger child in 1988, so the strategy might have been in the news as Danny got sick.

Edited by Cardie
  • Love 1
On 2/9/2021 at 9:55 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

No, we don't know the story - and I feel like it's going to be one of those mysteries that last through the run of the show.

I just figured it was something simple as he got stuck in a Chimney during a rescue (he is very skinny)

• Love 5
On 2/9/2021 at 9:12 AM, perkie1968 said:

I thought when Buck looked at the photo, he said something like, 'this isn't our house', so I would guess that the parents probably moved after Daniel's death, so no one around them would know of a third child to say anything to Buck.  I'm surprised there was one photo of the dead child in Maddie's belongings.  If the parents erased his existence after his death, that picture would have been destroyed as well. 

I was really worried we were going down the "Maddie is Buck's mother not his sister", so I'm glad that it isn't that.  The irony is that Dad Buckley was played by Gregory Harrison who GH fans will recognize since he's currently playing a guy, who's eldest son may or may not be his youngest son's actual father, since his eldest son slept with his new bride the night before their wedding.  

I'm guessing Daniel got sick and the only way to save him was by having baby Buck and that didn't work, causing Daniel to die of his illness and resentment from the parents that their son died and the new kid didn't "save" him.  

Alfred running away so he didn't have to hear the secret was hilarious.  

I can't imagine them wanting to destroy all photos of their deceased son, even if they chose to ignore the fact that he ever existed. Maybe taking all the pictures they had of him and locking them in a box hidden away somewhere (or safety deposit box). But then, I guess everyone handles the loss of a child differently. But I do think it's sad that they hid his existence.

Not the same situation, but I used to be babysit 3 siblings when they were kids. I reconnected with the family a few years later (years after I'd moved away) on social media, and come to find out that the middle child (mid-20's at the time) had leukemia and his younger brother (early 20's) donated his bone marrow (their older sister was pregnant at the time and couldn't donate). It helped at first, he went into remission for a few months, but unfortunately he eventually succumbed to the disease. I don't know all the details of what happened, but I can only guess that there was some huge resentment on their mom's part against him for not permanently saving his brother's life. He refuses to acknowledge her as his mother anymore. It's really a sad burden to place upon a child, even if that child is an adult.

I stopped watching GH in 2000 (though I've caught a couple of Nurse's Ball episodes and some of Rick Springfield's return), so I'm not familiar with Gregory Harrison's storyline on there, however, I am old enough to remember him from both Logan's Run (tv series, not the movie) and Trapper John, MD., and let me tell you, aside from the grey hair, he looks the same as he did 40 years ago.

I still can't help but think of The Librarians every time I see Albert. I keep expecting the other Librarians to appear unexpectedly, LOL.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Kenadi O said:

Not the same situation, but I used to be babysit 3 siblings when they were kids. I reconnected with the family a few years later (years after I'd moved away) on social media, and come to find out that the middle child (mid-20's at the time) had leukemia and his younger brother (early 20's) donated his bone marrow (their older sister was pregnant at the time and couldn't donate). It helped at first, he went into remission for a few months, but unfortunately he eventually succumbed to the disease. I don't know all the details of what happened, but I can only guess that there was some huge resentment on their mom's part against him for not permanently saving his brother's life. He refuses to acknowledge her as his mother anymore. It's really a sad burden to place upon a child, even if that child is an adult.

How awful that the Mom blamed her child for not being able to save her other child's life. It isn't his fault. He did all that he could possibly do. That is completely playing favorites and is a horribly disgusting thing to hold over your child's head, no matter how old they are. It seems like Mama Buckley was more sad than angry. I certainly hope that is the case. For her to be a bitch forever because of something that Buck had absolutely no control over, I'd hate her forever.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

How awful that the Mom blamed her child for not being able to save her other child's life. It isn't his fault. He did all that he could possibly do. That is completely playing favorites and is a horribly disgusting thing to hold over your child's head, no matter how old they are. It seems like Mama Buckley was more sad than angry. I certainly hope that is the case. For her to be a bitch forever because of something that Buck had absolutely no control over, I'd hate her forever.

Yeah, I don't know if she consciously did it or if she was under so much grief. I think he felt his own sense of guilt about it too (the brothers were close) and having his mom blame him on top of it (or feel blamed by her) probably didn't help matters any. When his (sadly terminal) daughter was born a few years later, he allowed her to visit them at the hospital before her passing, but he made no reference to her as a surviving grandparent in the obituary.

I can't believe it's been 40 years since ogling Gregory Harrison stepping out of the shower in Trapper John and he still looks that good.   DILF indeed.

The speculation that Buck was conceived to save his brother seems likely.   They made a point of how much mama Buckley hates hospitals, no doubt because her other song had a lingering death there.  

• Love 1

If these parents need to blame someone for their child's death, perhaps they should blame themselves and their own faulty DNA. First creating a child with a terminal illness and then one whose parts weren't strong enough to fix the first. I mean if they're using logic.... 

I just watched the opening scene that I had missed with May taking the call very impressively and then everyone gathered at the site of the murder. Athena's "Cagney and Lacey" reference to Buck and Eddie has me rolling. I love the good-natured ribbing that the whole group has among them.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 2/10/2021 at 1:57 PM, Crashcourse said:

I new he looked familiar, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out who he was.  Silver fox, indeed.

Catching up on my episodes.  I remember GH from back in the day.  I think he’s also playing Rebecca’s father in This is Us. He does look great.  Dee Wallace also looked great.

Edited by Diana Berry
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Diana Berry said:

Catching up on my episodes.  I remember GH from back in the day.  I think he’s also playing Rebecca’s father in This is Us. He does look great.  Dee Wallace also looked great.

Rebecca's father is Tim Matheson. He's been in a lot of things but I know him best as VP Hoynes on The West Wing.

• Love 3