Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Electric Youth

Hank and Divya treat a professional Hamptons house-sitter who never wants to grow up, and Jeremiah gets closer to Viviana when he treats her friend, a burlesque dancer. Paige makes a discovery that could complicate her new business with Russel, and Emma becomes a tipster for the Hamptons’ hottest gossip site.

Poor Paige. now she and Evan are both partners with people they can't trust. I thought she was going to stumble into some embarrassing clothing or sex toys and it wasn't until she opened the door and stopped that I finally thought: No! the rug! (And did Russell not anticipate she would find it while she was upstairs???)

Yes, Evan, am glad that you are stepping up as an adult. But if, in your gut, you know that Hank would be uncomfortable with this arrangement with Ray, then DON'T DO IT!

Jeremiah = swooooon! Never thought I'd say that! Look at him stepping right up to smooch Viviana!!

GROAN. Did we just have the beginning of a Divya crush on Jeremiah? Or, hopefully, was she just reflecting that he has a been a good friend to her after he gave her the pep talk?

I can't decide if I like Dr. Bob or not. On one hand, he seems creepy always showing up - I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. But then I have to remind myself this is happy summer fare and maybe he's just as nice as he appears instead of secretly plotting to keep Paige in the basement putting lotion in the basket.

• Love 2

I'm worried that they have set Viviana up to be a baddie.  I like her, but as soon as she asked about the fancy car and Jeremiah said he had more than one . . . I hope the show is more nuanced than where I think they'll go.  What am I saying?  Of course they are going there.  Probably just in time for Divya to decide Jeremiah is her true love.

Dr. Bob makes me chuckle so I am happy he's still around.  Man-child patient of the week made me roll my eyes.

Again, I don't find Ray all that threatening because I figure just as he starts to threaten Hank and Evan, Boris will arrive to save the day with a few choice words and sweep of a pen.  Emma can go with Ray when he finally gets his comeuppance. 

Whenever I hear Hank talk pretty nonchalantly about his difficult childhood with an absent parent, I think Wings did this storyline so much better.  Or maybe Tim Daly is just a much better actor.  Probably both.

• Love 1

Dr. Bob does seem to be around a lot. I thought it had something to do with Paige because he almost seemed disappointed that she wasn't there one time when he entered the house. Then I think maybe he was there so he could fit into the story line of talking to both Evan and Hank.

(edited)

Yeah. How many ways can you force two people together who have been standing apart because of a misunderstanding and an unwillingness to start a conversation about it? Just add therapist, shake and voilà! Issue resolved until the next one.

And oh yeah, shoot me if you will but I'm on Russell's side on keeping the rug. I thought he and Paige were going to puke when they first saw the stained and mistreated rug and heard how unconcerned the rich twits were that they were callously ruining something almost impossibly precious. If he gave it back to them it would probably end up in the pool or as a chew toy for a bunch of yappy dogs. They showed no interest in even storing it properly. I won't say they didn't deserve it, because I think everyone deserves beauty, but they would never appreciate it and wouldn't miss it, so I think Russell was welcome to it. Unfortunately Paige will get up on her high horse about it.

Edited by CoderLady
  • Love 1
Yes, Evan, am glad that you are stepping up as an adult. But if, in your gut, you know that Hank would be uncomfortable with this arrangement with Ray, then DON'T DO IT!

Evan's said plenty of times if they don't have this lab, then it's the end of HankMed. And Hank's said plenty of times that he's not interested in running the business. So it's really Evan and Jeremiah. If they're on the same page, then that's that. Of course, the show seems to veer into Evan buffoonery every other week so of course this will all be his fault.

Jeremiah = swooooon! Never thought I'd say that! Look at him stepping right up to smooch Viviana!!

I was like, daaaammmmnn. I was thinking she's going to want to marry him to stay in the country. I don't think she's going to steal from him. I did laugh at the looks she and the friend exchanged in front of Jeremiah.

Man-child patient of the week made me roll my eyes.

What an awful character. Would you mind not drinking when I'm conducting a medical exam. Put your foot down, Hank.

And oh yeah, shoot me if you will but I'm on Russell's side on keeping the rug.

I don't have a problem with it either, if Russell used his own money to pay for it. 

Oh, Divya, you're such an Enjoli commercial. How can you have it all? *siiiigghhhhh* Ugh. That's the best plot that they can come up with? 

I kept thinking that if Jeremiah had enough time to hear the baby cry, realize Divya wasn't doing anything about it, get to her room, make up a bottle, and feed her, then Divya's shower was way too long. And she whines to him about using formula? Have a seat, Divya. She never fails to bug.

I didn't like that scene. I think it's time for Divya to move out now. "He's not supposed to want the formula!" Well, then, did you go over any ground rules with Jeremiah on how to deal with these things? Maybe get a pump and store some breast milk in the fridge and tell him to use that instead? 

I think she might need to go back on leave.

I was like, daaaammmmnn. I was thinking she's going to want to marry him to stay in the country.

Me too!  I'm glad Jeremiah got a smooch, but I am filled with dread at his poor little heart being broken, again.  I am convinced Viviana has decided to use him for his money, for a Visa, and probably for a kidney or something, too.

I hope there is a logical explanation for Russell and the rug.  I won't be able to stand it if they ruin Russell and turn him into a thief.

I'm worried that they have set Viviana up to be a baddie. I like her, but as soon as she asked about the fancy car and Jeremiah said he had more than one . . . I hope the show is more nuanced than where I think they'll go. What am I saying? Of course they are going there. Probably just in time for Divya to decide Jeremiah is her true love.

As soon as I heard immigration I figured she would end up using him for a Visa and probably money too.

So far I'm enjoying this season but I'm not enjoying Divya's storyline. Maybe because I don't have kids or because most women I know (who do have kids) handle this stuff with way less drama. Granted I'm being unfair they have to amp up the drama for TV but it doesn't mean I will enjoy it.

I'm also really over Shady Emma. I would prefer her story focus on bringing out different aspects of Hank and Evan and their relationship. Which it does do I just don't need the shady part added in.

It doesn't help that they saddled Divya with the same tired Women's Lib plot that we've seen on tv which is exactly the same from the 70s. 

Oh my god, she even said "I want to have it all." Who talks like that?

I missed the beginning. Did they explain how there's a strip club in the Hamptons?

According to Jeremiah, it's a "burlesque" show. splitting hairs, but apparently they don't go fullmonty so it's a little classier.

Can someone please explain to me why, if Jeremiah is so rich - which, hello! They just reminded us about again - why can't HE invest in HankMed to keep it afloat?

• Love 1

Can someone please explain to me why, if Jeremiah is so rich - which, hello! They just reminded us about again - why can't HE invest in HankMed to keep it afloat?

For the same reason that Jeremiah and Divya are always seemingly crowding each other in that ginormous mansion.  The writers aren't making a whole lot of sense.

Jeremiah doesn't really need HankMed. He's a pretty widely respected and published medical researcher and could probably get a position elsewhere. I don't think it's much of a fanwank that he'd be holding back. Or, Evan/Hank/Divya/Jeremiah are only using assets from their shares in HankMed to buy a new space. If Jeremiah was going to put up his own money then he'd probably want more shares too. I don't see Evan or Hank getting bought out. 

His assets might not be liquid anyway, as opposed to a "businessman" like Ray who we've seen dealing in straight cash and who would be able to buy a building quickly. 

That all said, TPTBs didn't think that through at all, even though it took me 5 minutes to reason it out in-show. 

It's good that our heroes don't immediately have their hands out to Boris or Jeremiah whenever they need money. That would get uncomfortable after a while for the guys with the money.

You can have all the pull you want, but market-value is market-value. Boris can't really force anyone to under sell. Nor make space available where there isn't any. Boris isn't just going to buy a place for them. He's going to want to get a return on that investment. I don't see Evan wanting to sell shares to allow anyone else minority ownership. They've already actually done that and just might not have enough to go around. 

I do wonder if they couldn't issue an IPO.

This is a silly show, but I don't have much of a problem with this plot. 

Oh my goodness, a bottle of formula? Poison! Shut up, Divya. What an ungrateful bitch- why hasn't Jeremiah kicked her out?

I like the waitress. Too bad they are probably going the shady immigration/gold digger route so Jeremiah gets his heart broken.

I also like Dr. Bob and Hank a lot. Sick of Emma. I hope someone catches her taking a picture and rats her out or throws her phone in the pool.

Maybe I should take this to the unpopular opinions thread, but I do not see the appeal of Jeremiah.  I think he's stiff, humorless and boring. I guess it doesn't help that I don't find him physically attractive in the least. If he was written out of the show I wouldn't miss his character at all.  On the popular side though I would way rather they get rid of Emma.

• Love 1

Maybe I should take this to the unpopular opinions thread, but I do not see the appeal of Jeremiah.  I think he's stiff, humorless and boring. I guess it doesn't help that I don't find him physically attractive in the least. If he was written out of the show I wouldn't miss his character at all.  On the popular side though I would way rather they get rid of Emma.

I pretty much agree with this although I don't hate him and I kind of like him a little more than Boris.  I just don't get the overwhelming appeal that some assume he has.  He's mildly entertaining but he's certainly not the main draw to the show for me.  I actually like Hank, Evan has his moments.  Emma, yeah, she can go now.  And as soon as they mentioned the immigration issue with Vivianna I knew that a marriage of convenience was coming.  (and the built in drama of that couple in the house with Divya and the baby and Divya's new found feelings for Sacani.)

I like him because he actually is pushing himself to be a better person. Hank is the 'hero' who is the brilliant doctor and figures out all the cases, and that's fine. 

Jeremiah is an outsider, and the actor plays him that way. But he comes off like a sincere and genuine person. I think it's hard to play introverted and quiet, but he's still as much of an expert as Hank, so still needed to project that. It's the putting himself in what are uncomfortable situations for him and digging in and succeeding. It's an internal thing the actor is doing because I think he's got shit writing for him and he's still put together some complexity. 

This plot line is stupid though. 

• Love 1

It's funny how TV makes you suspend belief. Why in the world would a doctor as young-ish and smart as Jeremiah be working in the Hampton vs. a major metropolitan area where he could learn more? Or do more. And where is his family? If he has none, I ask again: really, what's keeping him in the Hamptons, of all places? I'm growing a little weary of all the characters. Perhaps that's why I haven't even seen the latest episode yet. Not even compelling fluff anymore.

I wonder what it's like to be an actor in shows like these. Are you just happy you're bringing in a paycheck? Do you feel that you're destined to be an actor in off-channel TV hell? Do you just want to milk this gig for what it's worth and dream of getting out of acting altogether and getting into real estate? Are you a Hollywood person? Are you recognized much? Do you have dreams of making it big someday?

Jeremiah said he didn't have any family except his mentor. He was introduced as a research doctor, and they made reference on the show when he wasn't there that he was at conferences presenting his work. So, in terms of learning more, he's probably more at the cutting edge than anyone else.

He was brought in because HankMed was shorthanded, and he stuck around because he wanted to to better face to face with patients. Since then, he's been made a regular on the show and is now CMO as a result.

Every show requires the viewers to 'buy in'. I don't see Jeremiah as that egregious of a suspension of disbelief. It's not a stretch to assume he's probably making fucking bank, plus he's rich, so he can fund his own research whenever he wants. 

Divya is far far far more inexplicable to me. 

Oh, don't get me started on her. From the very beginning....wasn't it a Mercedes Benz SUV equipped with all those medical items?

You seem to know everything about this show....what does Hank do in the winter? Does he stay in the Hamptons and enjoy a lighter work load?

I think Jeremiah is awesome because he's a genuine person, and he's pretty true to himself.  He knows that he's doesn't behave in a typical manner, but that's OK with him.  He and Hank had issues, and Jeremiah didn't change.  He left HankMed instead, and Hank had to come to him.  Divya's staying in his house, but for the most part Jeremiah's prsonality hasn't changed .  He's just Jeremiah with a house guest.  Now he's attracted to another woman, and he's trying to impress her, but guys who are typically social try and do that, too.

I love Jeremiah because he's quirky while also being no one's fool.  Evey time that someone tries to "handle" him because they think he's clueless, it bites them in the ass and not him.  Hank tried to do that, and it led to their disagreement a few seasons ago.  Divya's going to do the same thing, and the audience knows that she's going to end up looking foolish. I love the fact that Jeremiah is a nice guy who lives in a big house with a lot of money and nice cars because that shows to me that atypical behavior does not always equal an idiotic moron who doesn't know up from down.