Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Reunion Part 1

druzy
  • Start Topic

Chelsea, Leah, Kail, Briana, and Jade sit down to unpack this season. Chelsea reveals to the other moms why she is leaving the show while Leah’s ex-husbands come together to address their contentious relationship. Hosted by Nessa and Dr. Drew.

Airs January 5, 2021

• Love 2

Did these morons fall into a vat of Maybelline before they got on camera?   Makeup brush set to Tammy Fay Bakker, Circa 1987 mode?

What in the holy hell were they thinking when they looked in the mirror?

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

Chelsea's face looked weird. Later I noticed her video quality didn't look as good as the others. Was the crew not with them like everyone else? The girls just don't act like they care about each other at all. Ha which I get. They don't spend a lot of time together and some of them don't really know each other. I wonder how Leah and Kail are doing.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, chuckity said:

Did these morons fall into a vat of Maybelline before they got on camera?   Makeup brush set to Tammy Fay Bakker, Circa 1987 mode?

UNBLENDED Maybelline!!

Leah's nose-tip highlighter was blinding me like the little pen light the optometrist shines into my eyeball once a year. It brought more even attention to the overdone brown contour lines all along her nose. She looks better in my avatar picture thingy!! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Both Nessa and Drew pronounce "Devoin" like it looks, not like every single person on the show pronounces it.  I've always suspected they don't watch the show, and this confirms it for me.

What the hell was Nessa wearing?  Do women who sit on couches for a living never check their look in that position?  On the one hand, it was nice that she didn't have on a super short skirt that made it where she had to sit with her knees together like they're super-glued, but there's got to be a middle ground between that and the pleated thing that made her look like a lump.

Drew's got COVID.  I saw a snippet of a video he did about it, bitching about the hospital not giving him his vaccination because his paperwork wasn't in order, and then he got infected a few days after that.  And some people were apparently noting that he was getting some sort of special medical treatment, and he carped at them for being critical, although I forget what emotion he said they should be having.  I hate that guy.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Devoin’s name should be pronounced however HE pronounces his own name.

Agreed, but when choosing battles with The Coven, this is probably low on his priority list (I just made a funny...like Devoin knows what a priority is). 

I didn't watch, but I read somewhere that part of Karl's reaction was saying it'll be weird & the dynamic will be different....uuuuuh, what dynamic? They don't film together. I can't stand how they act like they "work together". They don't. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, chuckity said:

The lack of blending drove me crazy. Also, I can't with all these shinny, glam faces and dull arms that look like then Sunday comics!

Everyone in Jade's segment was higher than Mt. Everest!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Oh, Leah.  She kind of touched my heart during this reunion.  She spoke with what she clearly felt was confidence about her recovery and the (admirable!) steps she’s taken to stabilize her life, but I saw the fragility behind her eyes.  Her smile was shaky when she answered “Dr.” Drew’s questions about breaking the cycle of teen pregnancy and substance abuse.  I hope she realizes that sobriety is not a destination that one reaches and is “all better.”  It’s a daily journey with more twists, turns, and potholes than anyone can imagine.

Leah has been through some tough shit, to put it bluntly.  She got off drugs, as far as we know, and does her best to take care of the girlses.  She wrote a book about all of it and is now speaking to young people about how she made it through the storm to the other side, whatever that might entail moving forward.  I fear that she’s going to allow her past missteps and tragedies to define her for the rest of her life and arrest her development as an adult even more than they already have.  I and so many others have gone through some seriously tough shit.  I got myself out of it and can honestly say that I did a pretty damn good job of it for the age I was then.  I spent years in therapy, discussing all of it and almost delighting in the therapist’s genuinely shocked facial expressions as I told her about all of the unspeakably Bad Things that the Bad Man did to me.  I had a blog that had quite a following at one point, where I talked about those Bad Things and that Bad Man in great detail.  These things were not my fault, so everyone felt sorry for me.  Until a couple of years ago, my now-grown daughter lived with me and I had to see that Bad Man all the time, which I felt gave me even more reason to hash and rehash all of those terribly damaging situations.  But when she left home one day (to live with the Bad Man, no less), I looked up and realized that, at age 42, I had spent the last 22 years trapped in a prison of my own making, haranguing over issues that should have been put to bed long ago for my own benefit.  Leah enjoys discussing her past struggles, but at what point does she turn the page?

Part of the blame for all of it lies squarely on the shoulders of the Teen Mom franchise Sure, she and the other girls (well, women) are willing participants in this show, but MTV knows damn well that if you dangle enough money and promises of social media notoriety in front of a bunch of overgrown kids, they’re going to grab it with both hands.  Chelsea is one of my least favorite Teen Mom girls, but she has the right idea in leaving.  Take the money, get your children the hell away from this festering sinkhole, and live as normal a life as possible.  Focus on the now and the future and don’t allow the events of the past to become an imaginary sandwich board that you wear for the whole world every Tuesday night at 8 p.m.  MTV has milked them dry at this point.

It took me a long, long time to realize that I have to focus on being Suzy Rhapsody, Grown, Experienced, Capable Adult and not Suzy Rhapsody Who Experienced a Ton of Bad Things a Long Time Ago.  I hope Leah realizes it sooner than I did.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 17
13 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Both Nessa and Drew pronounce "Devoin" like it looks, not like every single person on the show pronounces it.  I've always suspected they don't watch the show, and this confirms it for me.

What the hell was Nessa wearing?  Do women who sit on couches for a living never check their look in that position?  On the one hand, it was nice that she didn't have on a super short skirt that made it where she had to sit with her knees together like they're super-glued, but there's got to be a middle ground between that and the pleated thing that made her look like a lump.

Drew's got COVID.  I saw a snippet of a video he did about it, bitching about the hospital not giving him his vaccination because his paperwork wasn't in order, and then he got infected a few days after that.  And some people were apparently noting that he was getting some sort of special medical treatment, and he carped at them for being critical, although I forget what emotion he said they should be having.  I hate that guy.

No one more despicable than Dr. Drew...well, maybe Dr. Phil...he acts like an entitled brat most of the time and in reality he is just a faux celebrity and failed physician who has disgraced the medical profession. Why he is still doing these Teen Mom reunions is puzzling. And Nessa is just a bobblehead.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I guess I missed this reunion --- I guess I must have missed a few seasons worth too. For some reason I thought about this show today and thought I would check out the forums. I was really wondering what Leah was up to and her girlses. I will try to watch some more current stuff, but my guess is that it's pretty much continued on the road they were on. Guessing Corey and Miranda have a stable family unit still.

(why am I drawing  a blank at Jade? did  I stop watching too long ago?)

And on a serious note, total admiration to you @Suzy Rhapsody

• Love 3
On 1/9/2021 at 1:58 PM, Polliwollidoodle said:

I just googled Jade, and I don't think I have ever seen her before. Maybe I have lots of catch up to work on.

Jade came from 'Teen Mom: Young and Pregnant'.  It was a mix of 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom, started when the girls were still pregnant and then kept following them.  Except some of the girls were already in their 20's so I don't know why they put it under that title.  It was only on for 2 seasons, I think.  When Jenelle got fired they replaced her with Jade, and now that Chelsea's leaving they're bringing another girl, Ashley, from Young and Pregnant to fill her spot.  For whatever faults she has, Ashley has some drive so I hope this TM paycheck doesn't derail her.  That's proven to be a big problem for the girls who make a lot of money from this show.  

Edited by eskimo
to add
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

So now the girls I watch are Kail and Leah. The list keeps getting shorter.  I watch through a twitter friend and she puts all the girls clips together. Makes it super easy to just watch who you want. 

• Love 4

Ok well, I always watched Leah but I almost feel guilty admitting it because I watched her mostly because I was quite fascinated with the West Virginia crowd. I remember back in the day they ( on the forums) called her Queen of the Holler. I just found it amazing and continue to find it amazing for people to live in an area with so little exposure to other people and places. I can't quite explain it, but also the low level of education and aspiration there. Just amazing. I feel sorry

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Ok well, I always watched Leah but I almost feel guilty admitting it because I watched her mostly because I was quite fascinated with the West Virginia crowd. I remember back in the day they ( on the forums) called her Queen of the Holler. I just found it amazing and continue to find it amazing for people to live in an area with so little exposure to other people and places. I can't quite explain it, but also the low level of education and aspiration there. Just amazing. I feel sorry

Then you might be interested in Rachel Beaver from 'Young and Pregnant'.  She's got it stacked against her but I hope she can pull out of it.  I think Rachel has a harder road than Leah did.  Not to dismiss Leah's struggles, especially after what she said she put in her book about her mom and spin-the-bottle.  Yikes!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I remember Queen of the Holler!

• LOL 1

How many think Chelsea will be back?  I'm thinking that income stream is a huge hook.  No checks rolling into Little House On The Prairie big house.  Cole doesn't work.  Four children to provide for.  I think she'll return.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 1/9/2021 at 9:13 PM, Stusan said:
On 1/9/2021 at 1:58 PM, Polliwollidoodle said:

I just googled Jade, and I don't think I have ever seen her before. Maybe I have lots of catch up to work on.

Don’t bother. 🙄

Very sound advice, but I'll admit that Jade is the only one I really pay attention to, but only because I hate everyone around her and can barely tolerate her, and my tolerance comes only from knowing how terrible it must be to deal with all those horrible people around her, having been given life skills by some of those very people. 

Her situation is not that frustrating to me because there's such an obvious solution:  kick them all to the curb.  But she won't do it, and has no one to blame but herself.  She seems convinced that Kloie is better off with her mother and Sean in her life, but I completely disagree.  Of course, my opinion isn't clouded by needing someone to take care of Kloie while Jade is at work or going to Las Vegas.  I can watch that without getting knots in my stomach.  Unlike Leah and her perceived superiority as a recovering drug addict and her constant life-coach affirmations to the girlses.  Or Kail's general clueless heinousness, or Brianna's saintliness, or Chelsea's uh, everything. 

• Love 5