Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E12: Week 12

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, LBS said:

He’s still smarting that Becca and Garret held on long enough to keep it.  <<internal Neil Lane voice MY PRECIOUS >>

I doubt he is. He probably got paid much more than the cost of that ring for his appearance last night. He probably profited from the otherwise low budget covid season. I thought that whole segment was so tacky and uncomfortable. I was feeling Brendan’s pain and stepped away during it. 

• Love 5

I really like all of the final three guys, but Zac totally won me over last night. He definitely has a little swagger to him that is very attractive, as well as a sincerity and quiet confidence that is appealing. He's not my type at all physically, but the dancing on the bed and joking around with Tayshia felt very natural and he's the only one I can really see her seriously ending up with. 

As for his addiction issues, I totally get being concerned (I would have had a LOT of questions) but it was something like ten years ago, right? He doesn't even drink now, which I find very impressive in the world of the Bachelor where half the contestants are trashed night one. He's run several marathons (requires some discipline considering I've run exactly zero!) and stayed sober for quite a long time, which I hear is incredibly difficult to do. Sounds like he's taken recovery pretty seriously and I find that really impressive. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

As for his addiction issues, I totally get being concerned (I would have had a LOT of questions) but it was something like ten years ago, right? He doesn't even drink now, which I find very impressive in the world of the Bachelor where half the contestants are trashed night one.

Didn't he and Tayshia drink champagne in the fantasy suite last night, or was that sparkling cider?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Didn't he and Tayshia drink champagne in the fantasy suite last night, or was that sparkling cider?

No idea, I rarely pay attention to anything they eat or drink on this show (except that giant sundae she and Ivan had a few weeks back) but maybe they subbed in something for him? Just read an article/interview with him where he talked about overcoming alcohol as part of his problems. It was a few years ago, so maybe he now drinks on occasion but I was impressed with that because I sadly know addicts who somehow think they can still drink and it hasn't gone well! 

Anyhow, it seems like he's taken recovery seriously. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
5 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

No idea, I rarely pay attention to anything they eat or drink on this show but maybe they subbed in something for him?

He poured for both of them from the same bottle:

Zac-and-Tayshia-popping-champagne-.jpg

The label is redacted, but it looks too fancy to be sparkling cider (unless they have fancy sparkling ciders now).

5 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

The label is redacted, but it looks too fancy to be sparkling cider (unless they have fancy sparkling ciders now).

I noticed this and also noticed that his glass had almost nothing in it.  So perhaps he just pretended to drink?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Alexander Pope said:

I noticed this and also noticed that his glass had almost nothing in it.  So perhaps he just pretended to drink?

But why would he pretend to drink (or the show have him pretend) after he's been so open about his addiction? Also, why would Tayshia want to drink if Zac isn't drinking?

I thought maybe at this point in his life he's able to manage his alcohol intake, so he does allow himself to drink socially. IIRC, when his family visited they were drinking as well.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

But why would he pretend to drink (or the show have him pretend) after he's been so open about his addiction? Also, why would Tayshia want to drink if Zac isn't drinking?

I thought maybe at this point in his life he's able to manage his alcohol intake, so he does allow himself to drink socially. IIRC, when his family visited they were drinking as well.

I did notice this, too. When you're a recovering addict you cannot ever even dabble in any kind of substance with which you formerly struggled. It's just a non-starter. 

I see the swagger and wit in Zac, and I find that very appealing. But I would be afraid of a relapse down the line. Unfortunately I've seen that happen with a relative of mine, and it happened to me, too, but with cigarettes. I quit for 14 years and went fully back to smoking after I just wanted a puff on a cigarette that my friend was smoking. Not the same as drugs, not mind-altering, not illegal, but a terrible habit I wish I had never restarted. 

We will see tonight, but there was definitely a difference in Tayshia's reaction to being told by Ivan and Zac that they were in love with her. She was like a teenager with Zac. "I love Zac and Zac loves me!"  

Still wish it had been Brendan at the end, but I'm glad he stopped short of being forced into a proposal. 

• Love 3

John Mulany from SNL just announce was going into rehab after more than a decade sober (cocaine and booze).  Addiction never really goes away....you just beat it back and down and do your best day to day.   

• Love 6

There are lots of non alcoholic wines. I'm pretty certain he doesn't drink. Sober is sexy. He's got a great smile, I'll give him that!

The Neil Lane date was horribly cringe. Brendan was never into it, clearly looking for the fame. I sensed that Tayshia was not happy with being rejected. You can't keep all of them, honey!

Ivan is very sweet, but I don't see a love connection. How did he and his brother come from the same family?

Ben. Just take your scoop neck tees and get off my tv.

Tayshia will pick Zac and they'll enjoy their 15 minutes. It's been a fun ride. Tayshia was an excellent choice for Bachelorette! You need a healthy ego to pull it off.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

They have very fancy sparkling ciders/non-alcoholic wine substitutes these days.  In fact,  a local TV show recently had a segment on them.

That said, even though he poured, I don't recall either of them actually drinking. 

As for the air stream, it did suck but if Brendan's date was meant to freak him out, I wonder if Ivan's was meant to get them physically closer.  First there was the forced kissing, albeit in ice water. Then there wasn't much room in their fantasy suite.  They had to be physically close. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

These three dates! 

Producers: Ok, for Ivan, who we really want everything to go the best for, we'll put him & Tayshia in bathing suits! Sexy! Then we'll dump them in separate tubs. Less sexy! Filled with ice! For over 5 minutes! With Chris H & some rando hanging out, commenting on every moment!  Then we'll stick them in an air stream! Yeah, that'll be a really romantic date.

Then for Brendan, who we also really like & want things to work out for, we'll stick him & Tayshia in a tiny room with Neil Lane droning on about his overpriced jewelry, repeating the words infinity & eternity infinitely & eternally. What could be more romantic?

Then, I don't know, hmm, for Zac, I guess the best we can do is strip them down to their underwear, slather them in slippery stuff, & tell them to roll around and make out. Then we'll send them to a suite you could fit 4 air streams inside. Gee, I hope they can manage to make something of these awful conditions.

Yeah, the heavy hand of production was in no way visible here.

Edited by TakeAPinotGrigio
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2