Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Ten Ten, Twenty Twenty

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Stats Queen said:
16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

There is a really good book called "Is Marriage For White People?"  It was written in 2012, by Ralph Richard Banks.  He goes by stats, numbers and explains why it's so hard for black women.  Black men marry outside their race, three times (maybe more) that of black women.  Black men have too many options and black women have too few. 

@Neurochick... before i turned into a blue bear with a heart on his ass i was a black man... I don't always agree with your takes but i always learn from them... I appreciate your perspective...

• Love 8
On 12/22/2020 at 9:51 AM, Neurochick said:

But if the show is supposed to show their "real lives", BLM and COVID are part of it.  

The only way they could have avoided COVID and BLM is if they hadn't filmed at all this year, but IMO, that would have been very dishonest, and ignoring the "elephant in the living room" meaning what has happened this year.  Like it or not both COVID and BLM are a part of many people's lives.  

Yeah, I like my reality tv with no reality. I think the bigger problem with RHOA and RHOC is the influx of newbies.

• Love 4

I'm confused why Kenya seems to be so taken with ONE of the new ladies, while HATING ON the other one??  AND... It looks like Kenya's been eating for two or three during Covid!  Her whole entire bod seems bigger to me - including her face.

Not really sure about her talking head ensemble either.  

• Love 2

I’ve been a fan of Cynthia in the past because although boring, she seemed to provide some normalcy/balance to the show.

Wow, she proved me all kinds of wrong. I knew she wasn’t the brightest bulb, but her 50+ year old divorced self worried more about a stupid wedding during a pandemic then the marriage was just so wrong. My niece lost her husband, my brother, suddenly last September and her mom was diagnosed with stage 3 gallbladder cancer right before Christmas last year. Her dream wedding was canceled twice after all that. Already her dad couldn’t walk her down the aisle, and then COVID ruined all the plans for her dream wedding. She ended up getting married outside at my nephew’s house with at most 40 people in attendance. I, for one, couldn’t attend because I am too high risk to go thru an airport.

Why did she not wait to get married until next year: 1. She is 34 and wants three kids and doesn’t not want to get pregnant without being married (a personal choice) and 2) She wasn’t doing to wait because she wanted her mom at the wedding.

My wonderful sister-in-law saw the birth of her second grandkid (from my nephew) and the wedding of her daughter but died a month later.

So Cynthia just sucks and has the maturity of a naive 13 year old. 

I hope to never see her or Noelle on my screen ever again - just what was that crap filler episode?

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I’ve been a fan of Cynthia in the past because although boring, she seemed to provide some normalcy/balance to the show.

Wow, she proved me all kinds of wrong. I knew she wasn’t the brightest bulb, but her 50+ year old divorced self worried more about a stupid wedding during a pandemic then the marriage was just so wrong. My niece lost her husband, my brother, suddenly last September and her mom was diagnosed with stage 3 gallbladder cancer right before Christmas last year. Her dream wedding was canceled twice after all that. Already her dad couldn’t walk her down the aisle, and then COVID ruined all the plans for her dream wedding. She ended up getting married outside at my nephew’s house with at most 40 people in attendance. I, for one, couldn’t attend because I am too high risk to go thru an airport.

Why did she not wait to get married until next year: 1. She is 34 and wants three kids and doesn’t not want to get pregnant without being married (a personal choice) and 2) She wasn’t doing to wait because she wanted her mom at the wedding.

My wonderful sister-in-law saw the birth of her second grandkid (from my nephew) and the wedding of her daughter but died a month later.

So Cynthia just sucks and has the maturity of a naive 13 year old. 

I hope to never see her or Noelle on my screen ever again - just what was that crap filler episode?

Damn you really soured on Cynthia..lol..

• LOL 5
On 12/27/2020 at 11:41 AM, goofygirl said:

I'm confused why Kenya seems to be so taken with ONE of the new ladies, while HATING ON the other one??  AND... It looks like Kenya's been eating for two or three during Covid!  Her whole entire bod seems bigger to me - including her face.

yea she latched on to the new girl (who isn't even a housewife) so quick its Odd...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3
On 12/27/2020 at 11:41 AM, goofygirl said:

My guesses:

• New girl is Trinidadian and has been talking shit about Trinidadian men. She is making Kenya believe "they all like that" so that give Kenya hope that Marc actually cares about her but does not know how to express it properly (he does not).
  • New girl is separating from her husband and it makes Kenya feel less bad about the failure of her own marriage. This is contrast to Cynthia, who is in joy of new love and Drew who is married (at this point Kenya does not know how fucked up Drew's marriage really is)
  • Drew is an actress of some modest success...Kenya was an actress of some modest success back in her day.
  • New girl makes Kenya feel young and is also willing to be her sidekick (bowing to her queen bee status) in order to secure her place in the show.

I think Kenya really did love Marc and is heart broken that he does not feel the same way about. I do not think a woman is defined by having a man but I would not be surprised if Kenya feels that way to some degree.

I think she is just shocked that she , a former beauty queen (Kenya was gorgeous) is looking to be a single mother.  At least Marc seems like he is a good dad that will hopefully be involved in his child's life.

Kenya needs to see that it does not matter if Marc does not love her...she is better off without him. They need to just come together to raise their child and then Kenya needs to go off and live her best life. 

I just hope she does not get jealous of the attention that Marc will probably lavish on their daughter.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 10

@Stats Queen I am so sorry about the loss of your brother and sister-in-law.  I'm glad your niece didn't postpone getting married since her mother got to be there.  

I too think Cynthia was being ridiculous about the wedding    As soon as she said, "The wedding sets the tone for the marriage" I was over it.  That's crap  - after all she already had a showstopper wedding and that marriage sure didn't work out.   You'd think she would know better. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

@Stats Queen I am so sorry about the loss of your brother and sister-in-law.  I'm glad your niece didn't postpone getting married since her mother got to be there.  

I too think Cynthia was being ridiculous about the wedding    As soon as she said, "The wedding sets the tone for the marriage" I was over it.  That's crap  - after all she already had a showstopper wedding and that marriage sure didn't work out.   You'd think she would know better. 

my wedding was one of the best days of my life... all my family and friends were there and watching them together was fun..  however i was divorced 18 months later... it was a great day for me but it didn't mean shit for my marriage

• Love 9
11 hours ago, JLaw said:

my wedding was one of the best days of my life... all my family and friends were there and watching them together was fun..  however i was divorced 18 months later... it was a great day for me but it didn't mean shit for my marriage

My first wedding was beautiful, but I married an abusive, nasty person, - fled from the house after less than 1 year of marriage (either that or not being alive to tell the tale). Would have got out sooner, but I was so Catholic and my parents more so, that not making a marriage work was anathema to me. 

No sad emojis, because I’ve been married to a wonderful (Jewish) man for over 25 years.

People still remember the beautiful wedding (It was, except for the groom, his family😜, and the post wedding relationship ) It was beautiful but during the honeymoon I threw my ring at him, saying it was the worst mistake of my life). 
I was too naive to not escape the situation prior to marriage- I am so glad young women today have great resources available to them to know what is a good idea and what is not.

Cynthia is not a naive 25 year old woman whose first serious relationship ended in a wedding.

My current wonderful husband hadn’t been married before. My second wedding to my husband of over 25 years ago was magical and the best day of my life. We cared about our future as a married couple versus being married by a priest and a rabbi in Albuquerque (actually, that is a funny, great story).

Cynthia really disturbs me because she has an adult daughter from a relationship, had a huge first wedding among the dinosaurs and Peter, and did not have a healthy relationship with said dinosaur/Peter.

Here she is with Mike (I know lots of people here find him creepy even if I don’t as much) who, despite being married multiple times, cares more about the marriage vs an arbitrary wedding date or having said wedding with 250 people together during a pandemic.

• Love 12
On 12/21/2020 at 1:17 AM, Brooke0707 said:

I think both RHOA and RHOC suck this year. And I think part of the reason is that I watch reality tv to escape reality and see the glamorous/mindless petty fights. I know they can’t help it to an extent, but watching both shows it’s a constant reminder of COVID, and social and political issues, and I just don’t want to see that when I’m watching a real housewives show. I also don’t care about the newbies.

Showing Americans fighting for human rights isn't political. For some of us it's a matter of life and death. Sorry you don't find it entertaining 🙄.

• Love 5
On 12/24/2020 at 1:53 AM, Brooke0707 said:

Yeah, I like my reality tv with no reality. I think the bigger problem with RHOA and RHOC is the influx of newbies.

What a privilege it is to ignore a crisis others are dying from. How anyone can watch this show, see the pain the ladies go through while explaining their experiences with racial inequality and say I dOn'T wAnT tO wAtCh PoLiTiCs is truly disturbing. Black women are supposed to entertain you but not have real conversations about racism that make white people uncomfortable. Got it.

• Love 7
On 2/1/2021 at 8:12 AM, Cocosmama said:

What a privilege it is to ignore a crisis others are dying from. How anyone can watch this show, see the pain the ladies go through while explaining their experiences with racial inequality and say I dOn'T wAnT tO wAtCh PoLiTiCs is truly disturbing. Black women are supposed to entertain you but not have real conversations about racism that make white people uncomfortable. Got it.

I know I’m tardy to the party (just started watching when I saw twitter going nuts, ha!, over last week’s epi) but goddamn WORD to your last two posts. 
I haven’t seen this epi yet, but based on this thread, I’m gonna look for it on demand!

• Love 1